Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps he put tape around her eyes so she can't see, and around her mouth so she can't speak, so...

Since the Police were focusing on the wooden shed he was building, and he needed to have the masking tape to hand (which he would have if he was working in the shed and that's where it happened), maybe she told him she wasn't happy with how it looked, and he, being a perfectionsist / narcissist / angry that she wasn't paying him, flipped out, went for her, and basically wrapped her head in masking tape so she "didn't have to look at the bloody thing".

And she suffocated.

Sounds mad I know, but the whole thing is mad. I mean if you stangle someone to death why then cover their face in masking tape?

And why cover them in masking tape first, and then strangle them? Surely you'd calm down - I mean if you grab someone in a fit of rage and strangle them in the heat of the moment, you can kind of understand how that might happen, but surely the covering her in masking tape would diffuse your anger - it seems odd to do that, then strangle her.

All very odd, but it'll all come out in the wash.

Poor girl.

I've always found it odd that the police stated her cards where left at home but her purse was missing. unless they were trying to make MS aware they knew she hadnt left home of her own accord

With the news of tape on eyes and mouth, I can’t help thinking he did kidnap her first. He lay in wait of her coming home, she screamed so he bundled her into his van, took her to empty Grandparents house, perhaps tied her to a chair. Taped her mouth to stop her screaming again and her eyes, either so he didn’t have to see her looking at him OR so she wouldn’t see what was coming?
Perhaps he did just plan kidnap but it didn’t go as planned so he felt he had to kill her to shut her up? Or, god forbid he taped and bundled her up and buried her unconscious, but alive.....I really so pray that didn’t happen!

Not if it was applied post mortem. As you say, he would probably have had some in his van along with his tool kit.

Perhaps this is why an expert pathologist is necessary? One who would have the knowledge to prove whether the tape was placed pre- or post- mortem? Could raise queries on the COD and affect how he pleads ? Have to wait and see of course.

With the news of tape on eyes and mouth, I can’t help thinking he did kidnap her first. He lay in wait of her coming home, she screamed so he bundled her into his van, took her to empty Grandparents house, perhaps tied her to a chair. Taped her mouth to stop her screaming again and her eyes, either so he didn’t have to see her looking at him OR so she wouldn’t see what was coming?
Perhaps he did just plan kidnap but it didn’t go as planned so he felt he had to kill her to shut her up? Or, god forbid he taped and bundled her up and buried her unconscious, but alive.....I really so pray that didn’t happen!

I forgot about the grandparents house. This could well be the case. explains why they didn't mention if her hands were bound - which us what you would expect if the face was too.

Another motive could be drugs. He might have asked her to get something for him from the hospital and maybe she not only refused but also said she would tell his wife or someone else.

I'm wondering whether the threats to her may have specifically been about MS or not. Maybe she told her colleagues about an affair, said he's telling his wife, and if she doesn't turn up for work one day the wife/her ex has found out. It would explain her possibly answering the door to someone she allegedly felt threatened by.

Thinking he could well have got in through a window. The heatwave was in full force at the time. If it was anything like our house, all the windows would have been open.

Not if it was applied post mortem. As you say, he would probably have had some in his van along with his tool kit.

Yes, very true.
I just cant figure out why he would put tape onto her face, post mortem. As has been said, the duvet could cover her head and face if he didnt want to look at her. Still, I suppose in a panic, anything is possible.

I forgot about the grandparents house. This could well be the case. explains why they didn't mention if her hands were bound - which us what you would expect if the face was too.

It would be interesting to know where the g/parent house is - well interesting for us of course, not that there is any reason for police to let us know !

Yes, very true.
I just cant figure out why he would put tape onto her face, post mortem. As has been said, the duvet could cover her head and face if he didnt want to look at her. Still, I suppose in a panic, anything is possible.

Maybe he was trying to stage it to look like kidnap.

it's all very odd if you ask me. I'm interested see if together two suspects are charged. How did the police know about the grandparents house. I wonder if his phone pings lead them to search there.

Maybe he was trying to stage it to look like kidnap.

it's all very odd if you ask me. I'm interested see if together two suspects are charged. How did the police know about the grandparents house. I wonder if his phone pings lead them to search there.

Have just been reading through the various news reports and have noticed that all of them are quite specific in saying eyes and face - not eyes and mouth.
So am thinking it may be the case, as others have said here, that he just wanted to cover her eyes, post mortem.
re the g/parent home - yes phone, cctv most likely indicators of where he had been.

Didn't one article say tape around her eyes and face? Maybe he did kidnap her, put the tape on her and she suffocated? But why would he kidnap her?

Maybe it was around her face as masking tape is often quite thin in width, not like parcel tape that would stay covered over the eyes if applied in that area. Maybe he had to wrap more around to make it stay on. It is also not very adhesive so would not be very good at sticking to a person who was crying/ screaming etc.
Based on this, i'd say the tape was an afterthought to cover the face after death and he didn't go there with equipment to kidnap...or he would have taken more sturdy tape. Masking tape is the kind of thing that would easily be in a shed if you had been building or painting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...search-house-ex-fiancees-extended-family.html

This article shows a picture of the grandparents house with the white van outside. This house may have only been used to park his van as it stated it was searched for four hours. I would imagine if they found SE dna inside they would of search at longer .

Many thanks for that. I knew that was the house that the van was taken from, but I had not previously seen this news article, which specifically states that this is the grandmother's property.

ETA I think that article should read - daughter and grandson

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx