Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with previous posters that the 'Suicide ' searches indicate to me that he was planning to murder SE or possibly his wife. If he was feeling suicidal two days prior to the murder then surely the added pressure he was under following the crime would of topped him over the edge.

I find the statement by Staffordshire police interesting :

"We do understand there was an intimate relationship of some sort and we will comment further following sentencing."

Do you think she was pregnant?

I don't think he has pleaded guilty for SE's family, I think he has been advised to by his defence team due to the evidence against him.

She was going to tell his wife. According to The Mirror

Midwife Samantha Eastwood's chilling warning to colleague on day she was killed

"Friends told how Samantha was worried Stirling would fly into a rage after she revealed she was going to tell Katie about his affair, it was reported last night.''

Perhaps he had told her of his intention to kill himself (and possibly his wife and daughter) if she refused to continue the affair. It's possible that SE felt she had no choice but to come clean to KS when if MS mental health was appearing to crumble. IMO

Thanks Alyce, for all the updates.

I've been reading here, but not reacting.

“The context was a background of growing tension from a long-standing but not particularly intense affair.”

Indeed, that would have been it. That is why she broke off her engagement and he murders her. Something she had warned her colleagues about.

Nothing particularly intense to see here, please move on.

I'm especially sorry for the fiancé, he seems a nice and decent person. If only she had remained with him .... but then, you never know.

What happens now with a guilty plea? Is evidence reported?

Judges sentencing remarks will possibly give us some more details.

It also seems - from Truthfinder's post - that the police are going to make a further statement.
I do hope for SEs sake and for her family, that the truth will come out, as at the moment, we only have the story told by MS.

I've been chewing over how a 'not intense' affair could lead to Samantha allegedly preparing to tell his wife and so to murder and all I can come up with is Samantha may have been pregnant. If so, she may not have actually intended telling anyone but he didn't want the possibility of it coming out later. Would also explain his intention to cause her harm but not necessarily death - was he hoping to cause a miscarriage?

All just speculation obviously. If she was pg, I doubt we'll ever know.

I suspect that the use of the phrase "not particularly intense" might be a euphemism for MS describing the affair as just being sex, as opposed to a love affair.

Of course Samantha might have had more feelings than that, especially as the tabloids have quoted somebody as saying Samantha was in a relationship with MS.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if MS was just enjoying having both his marriage and then the affair with Samantha on the side, but Samantha wanted them to be a proper couple, so he strung her along with false promises that he would leave his wife, leading to the tension that eventually ended up with him killing her to shut her up.

Judges sentencing remarks will possibly give us some more details.

It also seems - from Truthfinder's post - that the police are going to make a further statement.
I do hope for SEs sake and for her family, that the truth will come out, as at the moment, we only have the story told by MS.

Firstly, thanks for keeping us all updated Alyce. I am relieved for the family that he has pleaded guilty, just wish he'd done it as soon as charged.
As others have said here, I think he has only done this after finding out about the specific detailing of the police evidence and was fearful of it all being presented. Such a vicious crime and his regrets are only for himself imo.

Now it`s official: SE and MS had a long-standing affair. Now the public knows, and somehow the sympathy for Samantha faded. This makes me so very sad. She was a young woman who was able to give a lot to other human beings. Everyday she was helping new lives into the world and she did the job with a lot of passion, enthusiasm - in an era when so many people do little more than wasting their life in front of a computer-screen. She was not perfect, indeed, she made mistakes and arguable choices. Like most of us. So what? Is this enough to make the tragedy of her death less tragic? Losing her less painful? I'm appalled by this puritanism.

Now it`s official: SE and MS had a long-standing affair. Now the public knows, and somehow the sympathy for Samantha faded. This makes me so very sad. She was a young woman who was able to give a lot to other human beings. Everyday she was helping new lives into the world and she did the job with a lot of passion, enthusiasm - in an era when so many people do little more than wasting their life in front of a computer-screen. She was not perfect, indeed, she made mistakes and arguable choices. Like most of us. So what? Is this enough to make the tragedy of her death less tragic? Losing her less painful? I'm appalled by this puritanism.

o_O
I've seen nothing to indicate a lessening of sympathy for Samantha, and no "puritanism".

Where is your source for this puritanical response to the latest news?

If it is the Daily Mail, then I have found the responses to be quite heavily moderated compared to those on past cases. Most commentators did seem to express shock at the disclosure that they were involved in an affair along with concern that the discovery of this affair would have on the other 3 main victims in this tragedy , the wife, her daughter and her ex fiancé. Explain what is so puritanical about that?

Midwife's killer admits to murder after she threatened to reveal their affair

Sorry, it was not exactly the Daily Mail, it was the Sun. I've read several articles and comments in the last time and I didn't take note of sources. But I definitely found comments underlying that "she was a cheat, a fallen angel " and so on. "One not so nice person killed another not so nice person" is just a heartless thing to write. A young woman was killed in a brutal way, that's what counts for me. Who am I to Judge? I feel very sorry for her and for the families involved. <modsnip - FB page not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
The pseudonymous comments printed in newspapers should not to be taken as verified general opinion imo..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
opieyumyum
Back