UK UK - Sandra Rivett, 29, Belgravia, London, 7 Nov 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why are they doing this? They should just declare Lucan dead so his son can inherit, how old would he be if he was alive?

Why are they doing this? They should just declare Lucan dead so his son can inherit, how old would he be if he was alive?
John Bingham, 7th Earl of Lucan, if alive would turn 81 on 18 December this year.

That he killed himself shortly after the murder has always been one of the theories-looks like just conjecture though.

Hmmmm. Unlikely but not impossible, Aspinall was a funny old bugger, bit dodgy, very eccentric. I'll put this version just above the "working in a chip shop with Elvis" theory.

Did you notice the reader comments at the bottom? One lady says she knew his (now deceased) close friend who said Lucan wrapped himself in chains and jumped off a boat.

And I love the reader comment which says "not true, in the 1970's tigers ate Frosties" HAHAHA!

DM:

'He has lost a mother and I have lost a father': Lord Lucan's son consoles son of the
nanny his father 'murdered' after the runaway peer is finally declared officially dead

◦ The peer went missing in 1974 after his children's nanny was found dead
◦ His disappearance sparked many theories about him having fled abroad
◦ His son was today granted a death certificate for his father by High Court
◦ Son of murdered nanny believes Lord Lucan was alive as recently as 2002

Habeas corpus.

Bodies invariably tend to wash up somewhere, and so if Lucan did commit suicide then you'd have expected one by now. I think the most likely scenario is either he managed to get abroad - which seems likely - or he was subsequently killed by gangsters as a result of his unpaid gambling debts or fear of him saying something he shouldn't have. If so, that would explain no body being found, as plenty of people were murdered by London gangsters in the 60s and 70s for whom no bodies were ever found. They were pretty good at it.

Circumstantial evidence seems to point to Lucan managing to flee to Africa, and although I don't believe he died in November 1974, I do imagine he's been dead a while now. His brother certainly seems to think he was able to get out of the country, and Lady Lucan's behaviour has always struck me as odd - as has the fact she has been estranged from her children for some years, and that her son doesn't believe his father is a murderer. Given what happened, and that the children were at home on the night of the murder, that seems like odd behaviour.

Either way, without a body we will never find out. Clearly someone knows what happened, and they've chosen not to speak.

A new (to me) claim in this case:

Debt-ridden Lord Lucan was 'bumped off Mafia-style by his gambling friends after they helped him escape to Switzerland'

Lord Lucan was killed by his gambling friends after they helped him escape to Switzerland, it has been claimed.

The debt-ridden aristocrat vanished in 1974 after the nanny to his three children Sandra Rivett, 29, was found murdered in his London home.

His disappearance has come to be one of the greatest mysteries of the past 40 years, attracting an endless series of conspiracy theories.

And now thriller writer Peter James, who claims to have close contact within Lucan's circle of friends, has come up with a new theory.

'According to my source, Lucan's wealthy friends flew him in a light plane to a private air-strip in Switzerland,' he told the Mirror.

'He was put up in a chateau near Montreux.

'Days later, Lucan said he had to call his children to tell them that he was OK.

'One friend, most likely the late John Aspinall, told him, "You're never going to see your kids again"'.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ped-escape-Switzerland-new-theory-claims.html

I had never heard of this case until recently and I now find it rather interesting. The more I read of Veronica Bingham, the more I understand why her children haven't spoken to her in 35 years. She seems to not care much about their feelings. I do have a question for those who have been following this story. First, were the children raised with their mother after their father's disappearance and if so, did her accusations against their father cause disharmony in the household or did the children accept her version early on? Second, was there ever any formal statements given to the police by Lady Lucan? If so, have they always remained the same? Third and final, if Lord Lucan did flee the country, why would he have not simply gone to a country that would not extradite him and then maintain a relationship with his children, who seemed to have been very important to him? Thanks in advance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back