UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From DM link upthread

Father looks like an old man.
Greybeard.
I wouldn't recognize him o_O

1702575512783.png

They all look defeated IMO
Arrogance vanished.
Although she still seems a bit defiant.

1702575641531.png

This trial is a MUST for me to follow :mad:

JMO

Last edited:
The older brother and half-siblings of the 10-year-old schoolgirl Sara Sharif, who was found dead at the home of her father and stepmother in August, have been made wards of court in this country.

Despite efforts by Surrey county council to secure their return to the UK, all five children, aged one to 13, remain in Pakistan where they were taken by their father, Urfan Sharif, and the mother of the younger four siblings, Beinash Batool, the day before Sara’s body was discovered by police on 10 August.

From the article above….

During the wardship proceedings before Mr Justice Williams, Sharif appeared by video link from Belmarsh prison, London, while Batool appeared by video link from Bronzefield prison, Surrey.

Sara’s mother, Olga Sharif, whose surviving son remains in Pakistan, was not present during the proceedings. It has been previously reported in the press that she lost custody of Sara and her brother to their father in 2019.

I wonder if Sara’s mother even knew about the proceedings? Ugh awful

From the article above….

During the wardship proceedings before Mr Justice Williams, Sharif appeared by video link from Belmarsh prison, London, while Batool appeared by video link from Bronzefield prison, Surrey.

Sara’s mother, Olga Sharif, whose surviving son remains in Pakistan, was not present during the proceedings. It has been previously reported in the press that she lost custody of Sara and her brother to their father in 2019.

I wonder if Sara’s mother even knew about the proceedings? Ugh awful
If she lost custody, she might have not been informed.
This is all soooo confusing :oops:
JMO

I think the views of the children is also important. Is it better for them to all remain together and be with relatives in Pakistan or be in foster care in the U.K where they might be separated.

On 19 October, Surrey Country Council asked the High Court in Lahore to allow them to bring the children, aged between one and 13, back to Surrey.
The court room in Lahore was packed with standing room only as multiple cases including criminal charges were heard.
The judge requested that all five children attend the case. They were initially kept in a back room until their case was heard.
After speaking to all parties in his chamber, the judge gave interim custody to the grandfather of the children.
The case has been heard several times in Pakistan since October and for now the children remain with Muhammad Sharif.
The case to decide their permanent custody is still pending.

"Courts in the UK and Pakistan are involved in a complex legal tussle to decide what should happen to the siblings of Sara Sharif.

The overlapping cases will decide where the siblings should ultimately live, after they were taken to Pakistan.

Since Sara Sharif was found dead there have been a series of hearings in the Family Division of the High Court in London.

In those hearings Sara's siblings were made wards of court, and the court ordered that they should be returned to the UK.

That led to Surrey County Council making an application to the High Court in Lahore in Pakistan to secure the children's return to Britain.

The court processes in Pakistan and London are ongoing, and at the moment the children remain in Pakistan.

There had been a restriction on reporting that there is a legal process ongoing in London, but that has now been lifted following an application by the BBC, journalists Louise Tickle and Hannah Summers, and PA Media.

Interim custody​

The case has been heard several times in Pakistan since October and for now the children remain with Muhammad Sharif.

The case to decide their permanent custody is still pending."

If the children were made wards of Court -

does it mean that father and mother were officially deprived of parental rights?
Not necessarily. I am thinking that perhaps the local authority have more resources to deal with the the entire family and I would also guess that the eldest may be a witness to what happened to Sarah in the last days/weeks of her life, so the police have a vested interest in getting that witness back to the UK.

Hi Nikynoo. I hope you don't mind me asking but if the British Police do want to have the eldest boy as a potential witness, could the grandfather be charged with obstruction (or similar) at all? Or would the hearings in India prevent that?
You'd think the British Police would really want to speak to the boy, surely...TIA xx

I think it is highly possible that after time spent with his Pakistani relatives the elder boy might have quite a selective recall about what he remembers happening to Sara and who was mistreating her.

I think it is highly possible that after time spent with his Pakistani relatives the elder boy might have quite a selective recall about what he remembers happening to Sara and who was mistreating her.
Yes, that's what worried me in the very beginning. There's been plenty of time to coach the children on what to say.
The three accused definitely wanted those children out of the reach of British authorities before Sara was found....and I don't trust grandfather at all. All that rubbish about not specifically being asked if the children were with him. Slimy move - IMO obviously

Hi Nikynoo. I hope you don't mind me asking but if the British Police do want to have the eldest boy as a potential witness, could the grandfather be charged with obstruction (or similar) at all? Or would the hearings in India prevent that?
You'd think the British Police would really want to speak to the boy, surely...TIA xx
I have no idea how the law works in Pakistan. I would imagine, if the UK police wanted to quetion the boy, they would need to go to Pakistan to question him. Alternatively, they could apply for a court order to do so. However, it seems that a court order has already been granted for return of the children to the UK? If so, it depends on whether the Pakistani court recognises the UK court order. Other than that, I would imagine that there will be some diplomatic channels that can be used to being the children back to the UK.

Those surviving children are my biggest concern right now---but I really don't know what is the best landing spot for them. I don't know enough about their grandfather, although I do think family is the best place for them, usually.

But no matter where they settle for the next few years, they are going to have to learn to rely upon each other because things are going to be rocky for awhile. :( :oops:

The trial of a father, stepmother and uncle charged with murdering a 10-year-old girl is expected to begin in October.

A hearing at the Old Bailey on Friday heard the trial will be heard by High Court judge Mr Justice Cavanagh.

The three defendants attended the hearing by video link.

Judge Mark Lucraft directed the defendants should next appear for a hearing in February, at which the trial date would be finalised.

The trial, which had previously been listed for September, is expected to last for six weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back