UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I joined the forum after discovering it from searching about the case over the weekend. Like several other new members I found it strange that SE could disappear with very little trace in central London given the camera coverage.
IMO, the LE will know a lot more in the background building up a timeline with the available resources from CCTV, mobile calls, statements from friends, etc.. I do agree with previous posts when the phrase complex is used may well pertain to relationships.
For those who like CCTV you can view the 10 sec snippet files here. https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/ - click on the picture to stream it then you can go back in time, etc.
These are taken on average every 5-10 mins but there are glitches / missing times (redacted?) and so on.
I tried to track SE from Sainsbury's on Brixton Hill and saw nothing.
Thanks Rex - have you only looked for her going home or have you looked for her to going to her friend's on Leathwaite? The link you have seems different from another source I have been using with still cam shots back in time. So maybe might provide more in between stills. It takes a lot of time looking through these. This is the link I would say has trended the most for cctv on this forum. So hopefully your link might give different times.
London Traffic Cameras - Live TfL JamCam Feeds

Something the moving CCTV footage shows, is just how busy poynders road and surround main roads were at that time. Although spaced out, there are cars and buses which pass by every few seconds. Passers by would have noticed any commotion/out of the ordinary on these main routes.

I was thinking exactly the same, interesting change of description

Could be nothing, but I had previously wondered whether he had been advised (whether formally by LE or privately) to play down his connection for fear of vigilantes, trial by media type stuff, etc. Or, indeed, he was attempting to cope with this trauma offline. This is all speculation, not from a point of experience in family liaisons in a situation like this - not sure if other posters are familiar with LE procedure and/or know of any other precedent/other cases where a partner’s identity was initially suppressed?

"Police try to establish whether Sarah even walked through Clapham Common"

Link

Interesting- So she could have exited out the back of her friends but left out the nearest exit such as Grandison Road or similar, although this doesn't change the fact that she was spotted on cctv later, it does change the initial theory from the police that she had stayed on main roads for safety reasons and her route may have been more varied and less predictable.

So this confirms JL as the boyfriend and not 'a close friend'. This slightly changes things imo. Why haven't we heard a statement from him, why was he named as a close friend initially?? MOO

Well he cant win either way because if he does say something every word will be analysed and picked apart. And if he doesn't say anything people still analyse why.

He also isn't responsible for what the media print.

I dont think it is strange at all that he hasn't said anything publically he doesn't owe us a statement and Sarah's immediate family have already given media statements so maybe he feels no need to add anything further at this stage.

Maybe he has something to hide, maybe he doesn't. He could just be devastated and not want to put himself in a position where he is going to be analysed.

So this confirms JL as the boyfriend and not 'a close friend'. This slightly changes things imo. Why haven't we heard a statement from him, why was he named as a close friend initially?? MOO

Perhaps he doesn’t want to go public for fear of being made a suspect in the court of public opinion. We have a general assumption that partners are the first people to suspect in cases like this so maybe the police have told him or whoever was at his house just to give an effective ‘no comment’ response to journalists who come knocking for quotes rather than put his foot in his mouth and say something that either makes him look inadvertently suspicious or jeopardises the investigation. It could be a fairly new relationship which is why he may not feel it’s his ‘place’ to make big emotional public appeals for her safe return alongside her close family members as much as he might want to.

Well he cant win either way because if he does say something every word will be analysed and picked apart. And if he doesn't say anything people still analyse why.

He also isn't responsible for what the media print.

I dont think it is strange at all that he hasn't said anything publically he doesn't owe us a statement and Sarah's immediate family have already given media statements so maybe he feels no need to add anything further at this stage.

Maybe he has something to hide, maybe he doesn't. He could just be devastated and not want to put himself in a position where he is going to be analysed.

He was the last person to talk to her, he was probably right up there for the Police in terms of things to look into. Wouldn't be surprised at all if his lawyer has told him to shut his mouth to the media irrespective of guilt.

And a comment from the bf’s dad now too

That was there originally, hence the speculation earlier on about JL being the boyfriend not a close friend. The article was worded strangely. Maybe it's been confirmed to them officially that he is the boyfriend and they have decided to print it now

I'm guessing it may be a new-ish relationship - they didn't seem to live together, and it's not the usual plea from a partner (I love & miss her so much, come home / let her go, etc.) so he might have felt more comfortable describing himself as a close friend.

Hi, first time post so please pull me up on any rookie errors.

Felt like I needed to add a little local information here as I used to live on Poynders Gardens, the estate on Poynders Road right where she was last seen. I left about 5 years ago so it could have gotten dramatically worse since then, but I think people have a much worse impression of it than it deserves. I lived there for about 18 months and never saw any violence or crime at all. There are a lot of families that live there, and it was actually a pretty quiet area.

There's only one way into the entire estate from Poynders Road and one way from Agnes Riley Gardens both ways in would be overlooked by far too many people for someone to have taken her in there with no one seeing. Here's a maps link, look at the number of flats around there that overlook it - Google Maps

In terms of her route I realised that almost every time I've crossed the common from North West to South, I've turned off the A205 onto Nightingale Walk. - Google Maps

I've never questioned it before, but there are a few reasons, one the pavement (sidewalk for Americans) disappears on the right hand side, it's also a very busy and slightly complicated junction at the end of the A205 with no pedestrian crossing that doesn’t result in you having to walk the wrong way. It’s also completely covered by trees making it much darker whereas nightingale lane opens onto the common and is much less daunting and far quieter in terms of traffic. If SE did this too, then she would then almost certainly cross at the lights outside Clapham South Tube and then walk down Hazelbourne road which leads right onto Poynders Road.

There is CCTV that overlooks the crossing as well as the start of Hazelbourne. - Balham Hill Hazelbourne Road/2021-03-03 - TfL JamCams Archive

Google maps makes it an 11 minutes walk from Clapham South Tube which seems about right to me, and if we place her at the corner of Poynders and Cavendish at 9:28 she would have crossed just after 9:15. We have shots at 9:10 and 9:20 with nothing in between.

I can’t see any figure that looks like her on these shots, but there is a silver SUV type vehicle that parks at 9:01 and is seen at 9:05 and 9:10 but gone by 9:20. In all likelihood it’s someone who popped into the M&S and then left, but if she was trailed, that could be where she was first spotted.

A question for regulars, is it odd that the time between shots is erratic? It goes 9:01, 9:05, 9:10, 9:20, 9:25, have police potentially already taken the 9:15 shot down? There’s also nothing between 8:02 and 8:36.

An interesting point on the Nightingale Walk route. I have been able to see the timeslots for the crossing on the attached link (9.15pm)

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.04667

There doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary or visible as to a sighting of SE. It appears that there are lots of people about walking which gives me hope that there must have been some sightings.

What does appear interesting/potentially odd (IMO) is the same point at 21.31

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.04667

There appears to be two people crossing the road walking quite quickly and close together. I initially thought that this could be a young child with a parent but could be something as one appears to be holding the other as they cross. JMO.

Perhaps he doesn’t want to go public for fear of being made a suspect in the court of public opinion. We have a general assumption that partners are the first people to suspect in cases like this so maybe the police have told him or whoever was at his house just to give an effective ‘no comment’ response to journalists who come knocking for quotes rather than put his foot in his mouth and say something that either makes him look inadvertently suspicious or jeopardises the investigation. It could be a fairly new relationship which is why he may not feel it’s his ‘place’ to make big emotional public appeals for her safe return alongside her close family members as much as he might want to.

I agree it’s a difficult situation to find yourself and any bad press is not something you would want to be on the receiving end of. I do recall there has been statements made publicly from her “partners” family before there was any from the actual partner though, which would suggest it’s probably not a new relationship.

Last edited:
He was the last person to talk to her, he was probably right up there for the Police in terms of things to look into. Wouldn't be surprised at all if his lawyer has told him to shut his mouth to the media irrespective of guilt.

Are you American? It would be extremely unusal for someone in the UK to have their own lawyer ime

Something the moving CCTV footage shows, is just how busy poynders road and surround main roads were at that time. Although spaced out, there are cars and buses which pass by every few seconds. Passers by would have noticed any commotion/out of the ordinary on these main routes.

True but the layout of the streets, lighting and other factors make it possible for something to happen even in those conditions. How often are people payimg attention? What are the noise levels in an area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8