UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a useful link Suzyjackson, even though you will want to help the police as much as you can, you should have a solicitor present: Do I Need A Solicitor When Being Questioned By The Police? - Stephensons Solicitors LLP

Thank you but where is the suggestion that anyone is a suspect here, as far as we've been told we don't even know if there's a crime (although obviously the passage of time does make that likely)

I guess I'm a little uncomfortable with the implication that the bf has anything to do with Sarah's disappearence and that even if he hasn't the police will be trying to make out that he has

I've followed a couple of cases on here where the bfs of young women who disappeared in similarish circumstances were torn apart on social media when they had nothing at all to do with what happened and it makes me very wary of jumping straight to that conclusion.

If something has happened to Sarah imo it's been done by a stranger to her

JMO MOO

This is why I couched my comments on spirit and letter of the current lockdown rules. I imagine it’s a tough call living on your own to pick another bubble and be purely stuck with that potentially one person for weeks.

Hence she meets other friends in the garden and maybe hangs out with him at other times?

JMO but I could see how, given the strict rules, there might have been an element of sheepish hesitancy to be begin with amongst friends if there were some minor infractions of the lockdown rules. But I would hope the police could very rapidly put their mind at ease that this wouldn’t be held against anyone in the context of the wider worrying situation.

we are still in national lockdown so she would not have been able to meet up with him unless in a bubble as single people but as she had already been to visit friend for the night then doesnt seem like he was unless she was blatently breaking lockdown which is also possible.

What powers do the police have at this stage does anyone know? Would they be able to take someone’s phone to examine if they were the last known contact or if there was a person that they suspected? It’s hard to know what to think with such little info being released.
I think the murder squad can take someone's phone for examination purposes.

It could be just sloppy reporting as we have already seen some errors in MSM (eg the Sainsbury's CCTV footage being touted as the 9.30pm doorbell image etc)... or it could be confirming what many have already surmised.
rls11
Please can you enlighten me regarding "what many have already surmised"?
Thank you

Not always. I’m an avid walker and will 99% of the time call somebody on my walk, for company. I’ve actually just done it and spoke to my OH for an hour - I think it’s a pretty common thing to do.

I agree, I think it is very hard to predict what someone will do as we are all so different with our habits and routines.

I always speak on the phone to someone if I am walking alone, especially at night or when i feel a bit wary. My daughter does the same. But others will do the opposite

Also no matter how responsible and organised we may be we can all get caught short with the battery on our phone.

The police 'frogmen' are back at Mount Pond in Clapham Common this afternoon - it's the largest (by size and depth) of the three main Clapham Common ponds.

I'd estimate about 8 mins walk from Clapham South, and 2 mins walk from the A205.

I am still fixated on the phone call because I don't feel her phone would have ran out of battery - I live in a small town and when I go for walks and talk on the phone via headphones or just handset it is hard to have a conversation sometimes when it is windy or cars go past (even during lockdown). In the location she was last spotted It looked like the traffic would have been flowing. Why talk for 15 mins when she could have got home at 10pm and had a conversation in the quiet and comfort of her own place. It only would have been 1opm. But if you chat for 15mins why not 30/40mins especially know that SE was walking home. Just a thought JMO
It seems like the conversation would have been while she crossed the common. Maybe felt safer chatting to someones as she did it in case anything happened. I know it sounds strange but people do do that

It's a business registered address which means although it's likely to be his, it doesn't necessarily mean it is.

Yes, of course. I just thought it was interesting that it was so close to the estate agents previosuly mentioned near SE's home. It could be that this is SE and her boyfriends shared flat. Or if it is just her boyfriend's, then it still may have been her intended destination.

An interesting point on the Nightingale Walk route. I have been able to see the timeslots for the crossing on the attached link (9.15pm)

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.04667

There doesn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary or visible as to a sighting of SE. It appears that there are lots of people about walking which gives me hope that there must have been some sightings.

What does appear interesting/potentially odd (IMO) is the same point at 21.31

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/osm/#00001.04667

There appears to be two people crossing the road walking quite quickly and close together. I initially thought that this could be a young child with a parent but could be something as one appears to be holding the other as they cross. JMO.

Thanks. IMO it is a parent and child, at the end of the clip you can see the height variation better, also 21:31 is too early I think, if she was at the crossroads of Cavendish and Poynders at 9:28.

What it does show though is that that silver SUV was at the crossing at 9:15 and gone by 9:20. If the times are accurate and the 11 minute walk from google maps is roughly right for her walking pace then 9:17 is when she would have crossed. An SUV is the type of vehicle that could be used to push someone into quickly.

What are people's thoughts on sending this on to the police? Again in all likelihood that's someone popping to the shops who happens to be there around when SE might have been crossing.

Also has anyone confirmed where and when the good CCTV shot of SE was taken? It's not the Sainsbury's on that crossing is it?

I agree, I think it is very hard to predict what someone will do as we are all so different with our habits and routines.

I always speak on the phone to someone if I am walking alone, especially at night or when i feel a bit wary. My daughter does the same. But others will do the opposite

Also no matter how responsible and organised we may be we can all get caught short with the battery on our phone.

Yes, I am someone who is the opposite: I never speak on the phone when out walking. But it is obvious from what I see when out walking that many people are engaged in phone conversations as they walk.

The police 'frogmen' are back at Mount Pond in Clapham Common this afternoon - it's the largest (by size and depth) of the three main Clapham Common ponds.

I'd estimate about 8 mins walk from Clapham South, and 2 mins walk from the A205.

I saw them packing away at about 11.45 this morning. There had also been one other police van parked at The Windmill, which left about the same time. No other sign of police activity other than helicopter.

Presumably back after lunch?

Other dog walkers have said there are police door to door enquiries and bin searches in the streets around Cavendish Road (the bit near the old police station)

Yes, I am someone who is the opposite: I never speak on the phone when out walking. But it is obvious from what I see when out walking that many people are engaged in phone conversations as they walk.

If nobody wants to talk to me (happens often) I just pretend to be on the phone if someone is walking near me :D

rls11
Please can you enlighten me regarding "what many have already surmised"?
Thank you
I didn't mean anything loaded by that... simply that some people seemed to have already guessed / assumed / worked out / surmised (semantics is so tricky here) that JL was the boyfriend of SE

upload_2021-3-9_14-10-48.jpeg Am I the only person that thinks it looks like Sarah is holding her iPhone in her other (left) hand in this photo? She’s probably putting on her face mask or something (or I’m seeing things in her left hand) but could it be a second phone if people see a phone by her face?

Thank you but where is the suggestion that anyone is a suspect here, as far as we've been told we don't even know if there's a crime (although obviously the passage of time does make that likely)

I guess I'm a little uncomfortable with the implication that the bf has anything to do with Sarah's disappearence and that even if he hasn't the police will be trying to make out that he has

I've followed a couple of cases on here where the bfs of young women who disappeared in similarish circumstances were torn apart on social media when they had nothing at all to do with what happened and it makes me very wary of jumping straight to that conclusion.

If something has happened to Sarah imo it's been done by a stranger to her

JMO MOO
I agree. It is reminding me of the Gaia Pope case where innocent people were hounded by the media despite doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1