DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates on missing Sarah Everard as block of flats is cordoned off

22:50ELLIE MCKINNELL
New photos show police searching garden of block of flats

0_WhatsApp-Image-2021-03-09-at-205937-1jpeg.jpg

After police looked for evidence on the road outside the block of flats, including using a sniffer dog, they moved on to the gardens.

Pictures show officers crawling on their hands and knees in the grass looking for evidence.

it seems most likely that it was a surprise attack and she was either dragged into the block of flats, or maybe the park across the road, and then later something was disposed of in the block of flats where the police have been focusing on this evening

And not one single solid person in all the dozens of vehicles that passed along saw NOTHING that caught their attention? No. And certainly someone dragging a woman across the road would have stood out in the memory.

These days with covid going on people walk as far from each other as possible as early as possible. Wouldn't this make it harder to be approached at least from the front ? Just my own thought

And not one single solid person in all the dozens of vehicles that passed along saw NOTHING that caught their attention? No. And certainly someone dragging a woman across the road would have stood out in the memory.

You don't have to actually drag someone and cause a noticable scene. You could get someone to comply and walk along with you if you threaten them with a weapon. IMO

C
New here, SE’s case has gripped me and despite my best instincts, I hope for a good outcome.

I have reviewed the Traffic cams in and around the area and being from Northern Ireland, I was genuinely shocked at the amount of traffic around at 21:30! I was expecting eerie, empty streets. The amount of buses going through that area, all equipped with cameras too.

It’s clear IMO that the Police know SE did not leave the stretch of land they have cordoned off on foot. (The search became so focused today but it would cause mayhem if they told the public this however they’ve all but said it IMO...)

Taking into account the little evidence presented so far, I would speculate..
1) SE was not known to the perp
2) This was an opportunistic incident by someone with an escalating history
3) Perp lives within the current police cordon but SE is not in this area. (If she was, she would have been found by now IMO)

There has been no indication that the phone call with SE’s partner ended abruptly. The call ended at 21:28 and the phone pinged close to the cordoned area no later than 21:30. (This does not necessarily mean the phone was switched off at 21:30.)
Can I ask how as one I checked only showed real time

I can see the bag with shoes in too but would she be holding then in a see through bag for all to see - surely it would be in a brown bag to conceal the evidence - I don’t know as I’m not a SOCO - anyone with forensics knowledge?

They appear to me to walking into the scene - Could it be a suspect's shoes they're bringing to the scene? I'm not sure if they'd ever do that..

I do wonder if there could be an element of trying to rattle a suspects cage here. The locations they are inspecting are probably the most likely that any kind of initial incident did happen. If you're the suspect and see forensics combing over the grass where you knew something happened - Do you get sweaty and then do something rash? Very low possibility I think but it might be a contributing factor to making such a presence.
I don't think that the police are playing games, they are searching for Sarah as well as evidence for what has happened to her, I sincerely doubt that the police are trying to rattle a suspect's cage.

I don't know if we're allowed to post the image, it's from MSM but I'm just so scared of committing a violation because I don't want this thread to be shut down.

Is it fair to say that they're probably not Sarah's shoes? Wasn't she wearing green shoes with orange laces/orange tongue? These look different so maybe they belong to another, related person? JMO

i dont have the same eagle eyes as some people on here but i cant see any shoes in any of those bags

Edited my post to include the particular picture with the best shot of the ?shoes.

Put the question mark as I’m not entirely convinced myself these are shoes but do sort of see why the other person suggested they could be?

*further edit can remove the post with the article if is deemed not suitable to share!

If it adds any colour to the investigations at this stage the i would like to point out that the door to door, street by street dogged searching by police continued all day today all on streets surrounding and between Clapham and Brixton (Clapham Park/New Park Road areas were the ones i personally saw).

There were various photos published today in papers saying such and place being searched; focus moved to such and such street. But focussing on these in isolation misses the fact that the police are just widening their search over time and are searching all over (and I also spotted one obvious press photographer following the police but also wandering about generally presumably for “establishing shots?!”?!

I spoke with a couple of the community police officers today who were part of the door to door enquiries - so they are part of the met (London) police but not specifically part of the investigation team (not really any more clued in or informed than the local public).

They were still methodically walking every street working in small teams, with someone directing and ticking off streets as they walked and knocked on doors/searched front gardens. They said they were still looking for anything that could potentially be interesting.

I mentioned the possibility to them that maybe LE knew much more than had been made public, that they had a full idea of what had happened and were just carrying out searches for “show”, while knowing “the real story”. While these individuals wouldn’t necessarily be close enough to the investigation to be informed of all evidence etc, they stressed how this really was currently still a real mystery, evidence gathering continued, it was unsurprising people felt uneasy but they stressed the complete and utter rarity of a case like this. So while they still advised us to “remain vigilant” they really don’t seem to have a any fixed theory that they were seeking to confirm or deny. It really does seem to be stumping police. Which could be a good thing - that the worst has not been confirmed.

Is a member of the sniffer dogs’ team considered official source ? Someone working with a sniffer dog yesterday shared some information on Twitter but I am not sure I’m allowed to share here. Let me know...
Tbh I seriously doubt anyone in any official capacity would share anything on twitter, and mods have reminded us that random twitter accounts cannot be shared here.

Hope that helps.

I don't know if we're allowed to post the image, it's from MSM but I'm just so scared of committing a violation because I don't want this thread to be shut down.

Is it fair to say that they're probably not Sarah's shoes? Wasn't she wearing green shoes with orange laces/orange tongue? These look different so maybe they belong to another, related person? JMO

MSM okay with link.

Shoes could be potential suspect's??

I think you are way off the mark.

The police are seeking SE and it is likely all they have at present is a last known CCTV sighting and most likely telecoms data that identifies a small area where her mobile phone stopped transmitting to the last cell tower it was connected to.

They are systematically searching the open and communal areas for any sign of SE or her property.
Well, I think they have more information then they let us know. They would not cordon off Poynders Road during the night, if there was not some sort of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee