UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to discuss the events currently unfolding on Twitter? If we're not, please can a MOD let me know to delete this post.

Isn't the car that of the same description a member pointed on a previous thread?.. Noting the chrome lining on a black car? This was identified through CCTV footage

She has a boyfriend. If she wanted to see him, he would need to be her support bubble, ergo socially mixing with others would be breaking the law.

How do you know they were seeing each other in person. I have friends who are having to conduct their relationship via video calls...stop making judgements. Even if she were 'breaking the rules' what does it matter? FFS

I can't help wonder if there is more to this, with a personal connection to the arrested officer.

Sarah sounds like she is somewhat of a risk taker, gathering with others socially throughout lockdown. I wonder whether there are other things going on in her private life that that could be related

I don't think that is fair thing to say at all - from what the family have said in their statements SE is a sensible level-headed sort of person. Meeting up with a friend during lockdown is hardly synonymous with regularly getting in cars with strangers and other such risky behaviour!

But the poster’s post didn’t indicate that, to me at least. The opposite in fact, when mooting that someone could somehow access your number via Twitter. Maybe the officer could convince Twitter itself to give out a customer’s number for a good reason, but I’m not convinced of that. Something doesn’t add up with either the post itself or the caller’s claim to the poster that the caller got their number from Twitter (unless, of course, there is a separate publicly accessible tweet they once made with their number in it for whatever reason that the caller saw once alerted to the fact the user tweeted the Met with the camera info).

In summary, I can’t see how the poster didn’t already know they’d given their contact no. when reporting to the Met initially and, if they didn’t therefore, I can’t buy that Twitter would independently give out their number to the caller. So did the call happen...?

I am still trying to catch up and about 20 pages behind, so pardon if this was already cleared up.

Firstly, it seems that everyone assume here that alleged Putney police officer who called fellow WS member hed-ts, got somehow his/her phone number from twitter as that was hed-ts own innitial thought and assumption, just due to fact that post he made to police was made through twitter.

What we know -
Sunday March 7, our member hed_ts tweet on twitter to police with CCTV image of two people on Poynders Road/Kings Ave CCTV at 21:30 showing the two individuals, with the dog and/or shopping bag

On the same day Met police post about 21:30 CCTV sighting on their police website and confirms it as last sighting of Sarah but walking alone on the A205 Poynders Road and from there various news agencies spread that news over the next few days. - CCTV confirms last known sighting of missing Sarah Everard

Monday afternoon March 8 - allegedly Putney police officer contact him/her by phone and asked perplexing questions about those TFL CCTV images. Police officer does not explain how he obtained this private phone number.

Monday afternoon - hed-ts makes a first post about it here and about strange call from Putney officer. Hed-ts questions how the police officer got his number and laughts that probably in some strange way perhaps from twitter - UK - UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

I think we all forget that in this day and age you can find phone number and many other information from many other online footprints or even elsewhere, not just twitter, if this tweet was made under his/her real name.

Tuesday March 9 - Met police officer arrested in Kent with regards to Sarah's disappearance. (Please notice police announcement never specified that police officer was from there or lived there, only that he was arrested there).

At this point all else is an assumption, even if Putney police officer/person who called him on Monday and police officer/person arrested on Tuesday could be the same person.

Let's see if media in near future will mention anything about Putney.

Are we allowed to discuss the events currently unfolding on Twitter? If we're not, please can a MOD let me know to delete this post.

Isn't the car that of the same description a member pointed on a previous thread?.. Noting the chrome lining on a black car? This was identified through CCTV footage

You have to link it. If you can’t link it because it’s not an approved source you can’t post it. As I understand it, because mods often say “if you can’t link it you can’t post it”

Sarah Everard: Hat found in search for missing 33-year-old 'not linked to disappearance'

skynews-sarah-everard-htat_5297676.jpg

A hat found on Clapham Common similar to the one Sarah Everard was wearing when she was last seen on Wednesday evening is not believed to be linked to her disappearance.

The cream wool hat, discovered in a bush by a passer-by at about 11am on Monday, appeared to be similar to the one worn by the 33-year-old in CCTV footage released by detectives in a public appeal.

Sarah Everard: Hat found in search for missing 33-year-old 'not linked to disappearance'

I am still trying to catch up and about 20 pages behind, so pardon if this was already cleared up.

Firstly, it seems that everyone assume here that alleged Putney police officer who called fellow WS member hed-ts, got somehow his/her phone number from twitter as that was hed-ts own innitial thought and assumption, just due to fact that post he made to police was made through twitter.

What we know -
Sunday March 7, our member hed_ts tweet on twitter to police with CCTV image of two people on Poynders Road/Kings Ave CCTV at 21:30 showing the two individuals, with the dog and/or shopping bag

On the same day Met police post about 21:30 CCTV sighting on their police website and confirms it as last sighting of Sarah but walking alone on the A205 Poynders Road and from there various news agencies spread that news over the next few days. - CCTV confirms last known sighting of missing Sarah Everard

Monday afternoon March 8 - allegedly Putney police officer contact him/her by phone and asked perplexing questions about those TFL CCTV images. Police officer does not explain how he obtained this private phone number.

Monday afternoon - hed-ts makes a first post about it here and about strange call from Putney officer. Hed-ts questions how the police officer got his number and laughts that probably in some strange way perhaps from twitter - UK - UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

I think we all forget that in this day and age you can find phone number and many other information from many other online footprints or even elsewhere, not just twitter, if this tweet was made under his/her real name.

Tuesday March 9 - Met police officer arrested in Kent with regards to Sarah's disappearance. (Please notice police announcement never specified that police officer was from there or lived there, only that he was arrested there).

At this point all else is an assumption, even if Putney police officer/person who called him on Monday and police officer/person arrested on Tuesday could be the same person.

Let's see if media in near future will mention anything about Putney.

thank you for summarising sir, I can confirm I sent the DM on the Twitter account which holds my full name. If it was a journalist etc, I find it difficult how they’d be able to access my own DMs or indeed those of Met Contact Centre. I’ve contacted MetCC again and if I don’t get a reply later on in the day I’ll call again. What I want to clarify is the officer DID NOT quote the case reference on the phone to me. I’ve received a load of scam calls recently on UK mobile numbers, it was only when I discussed how he found my message was when I believed it was a real officer. I’m sure it’s nothing, how I’d love to post his number down here as I’ve screenshot it and written it down just in case something happens, but I imagine that would be a huge violation of TOS. I’ve put the number into google to see if I could get a location from it but alas nothing

Personal numbers (ie off official channels). Huge red flag. Hopefully just a troll or possibly a journo, though risky in itself to impersonate an officer. Either way, get it reported.
I'm LE. Joined to respond to this. All officers have a mobile phone and contact people with it. Not a red flag. They may SMS, WhatsApp, FB you if they need to contact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme