Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING GRAPHIC

With respect to the statement that the autopsy was inconclusive as to how SE died I think it’s important to remember that we have no idea of the condition of the body.

If the body was burned, it could well be impossible to determine much of anything.

If any body parts were missing the same could apply.

MOO

From the end of this month, the ‘stay at home’ order is due to be lifted. So Aslong as you follow all Covid guidelines on SD and masks, I don’t see why you can’t :)

A major principle of English justice is that it is open, but that does not mean that public galleries will be open as normal during a pandemic. Press might be restricted to one 'pool' reporter, to maintain SD in the courtroom, for as long as there are restrictions on how many people can be in one room for any length of time

Last edited:
Out of interest, when this goes to trial, could anyone sit in the public gallery?

I know you can in the Old Bailey but I wonder if cases like this are made private?

The Old Bailey is open so if we are out of the pandemic then i can’t see why not.

Most court cases are public proceedings, so you'll be allowed to watch for free while the public gallery is open

But I assume this case will draw mass public attention so you may not even get a seat as they would be quite limited from my understanding.

I can't see it happening. There have been many high profile murder cases like this one where that has not occurred so cant see a scenario where he would be tried under an alias.

The trials of Ian Huntley, Mark Bridger, Steve Wright were all really high profile and reported on.

I meant for any other charges, not the gravest (where he is already in the judicial system under his own name)

It’s all happening so quickly, isn’t it? Or is magistrates to plea hearing normally so fast? Unless I’m being previous and it’s just procedural?

I meant for any other charges, not the gravest (where he is already in the judicial system under his own name)

Oh sorry I get you.

Edited to delete something I cant find a link for so best to say nothing :D

Last edited:
It’s all happening so quickly, isn’t it? Or is magistrates to plea hearing normally so fast? Unless I’m being previous and it’s just procedural?

This is normal I thought but I will wait for somebody else to tell me if I am wrong :)

You are still at least a year or longer because of the backlog of cases being delayed (covid) before this reaches trial i would of thought. imo

IIRC, a poster on a previous thread said that the defendant would be there is person but most/all other relevant people would be by video link

Not what it says on the Court Listings as I previously posted.

We might not get a plea today

What will happen at Wayne Couzens' next court appearance in Sarah Everard case
Sarah Everard: What will happen at Wayne Couzens' next court appearance

Why did he appear at a magistrates’ court?
Suspects charged with a serious crime, namely an indictable-only offence, cannot be tried by magistrates. The inevitable question has been asked, therefore, why Couzens appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday.

All criminal cases begin at magistrates’ court regardless of the seriousness of the crime. This first appearance at a court is known as a preliminary hearing.

What will happen at the Old Bailey?
Couzens is listed to appear at the Central Criminal Court, known as the Old Bailey, on Tuesday.

A defendant whose case is sent to a Crown Court will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty to each charge on their indictment.

It is often the case, though, that a defendant is not arraigned at their first Crown Court appearance. In this instance, a future date will be set for a plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH).

I don't belive SE body was dismembered. I remembered reading "remains " were found but later changed to body.I think they regretted saying remains,as it led to unnecessary speculation IMO. They also said SE WAS identified by dental records,not HAD TO BE identified by dental records.A difference IMO.

We might not get a plea today

What will happen at Wayne Couzens' next court appearance in Sarah Everard case
Sarah Everard: What will happen at Wayne Couzens' next court appearance

Why did he appear at a magistrates’ court?
Suspects charged with a serious crime, namely an indictable-only offence, cannot be tried by magistrates. The inevitable question has been asked, therefore, why Couzens appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday.

All criminal cases begin at magistrates’ court regardless of the seriousness of the crime. This first appearance at a court is known as a preliminary hearing.

What will happen at the Old Bailey?
Couzens is listed to appear at the Central Criminal Court, known as the Old Bailey, on Tuesday.

A defendant whose case is sent to a Crown Court will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty to each charge on their indictment.

It is often the case, though, that a defendant is not arraigned at their first Crown Court appearance. In this instance, a future date will be set for a plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH).

No that could be some time away I think.

WARNING GRAPHIC
If the body was burned, it could well be impossible to determine much of anything.

If any body parts were missing the same could apply.

WARNING GRAPHIC

Those were my thoughts too. If the body was burned or incomplete, that would also explain why they couldn‘t use fingerprints for identification.

What is more, as horrible as it sounds, carrying the whole body in the bag through the woods would be heavy and suspicious to others. So he might have separated body parts and dumped the others in the river.

WARNING GRAPHIC

Those were my thoughts too. If the body was burned or incomplete, that would also explain why they couldn‘t use fingerprints for identification.

What is more, as horrible as it sounds, carrying the whole body in the bag through the woods would be heavy and suspicious to others. So he might have separated body parts and dumped the others in the river.

I doubt SE's fingerprints were in the system for comparison. Dental records may be fastest way if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay