Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that today’s hearing at 10.00 is by Videolink. Can anybody confirm this?

According to BBC

"He is expected to appear before the Recorder of London in courtroom 10 of the Old Bailey at 10:00 GMT."

Which sounds to me like an actual appearance. Given the gravity of the situation I would think it is more likely it is an actual appearance. JMO. The mention of a videolink appearance was a rumour I believe. MOO

Sarah Everard: Met Police officer Wayne Couzens due at Old Bailey

Last edited:
Thanks for the local knowledge of the area did you say on your other post your girlfriend was out that evening ?
Yes she was. She returned to the area around midnight after visiting a friend in East London. Walking the 5 mins home, she and I had no idea of what had happened. She looks similar and it hit me really hard in the following week

I don’t think people are trying to give excuses for WC as it may seem. More so that it is human nature to try to understand the unthinkable. Do I think we can blame his wife or him having a step-mother? No! The only person who can be blamed for a crime would be the alleged perpetrator. I do think that we cannot discount the impact of someone’s parent dying though, especially when it was so recent (not even 6 months yet). And especially not when the alleged had what appears to have been a close relationship to his father and worked for him for many years. His own words in the below interview also hint at the importance of this figure in his life.

End of road as garage doors close for last time

“His son Wayne Couzens, 42, who worked there for 20 years, said: “He would have really loved one of us to take over but he totally understands.

"Things have to come to an end. I am devastated, I was there for 20 years myself. "We’ve grown up with my dad always being there. It’s a huge part of our lives. An family institution.”

If the loss of the family business devastated him then what did the loss of the father that’s “always been there” do? JMO/all MOO
I read this as almost resentment. “Always being there” referred to his dad at the garage - not meaning being “there” for him as support.

According to BBC

"He is expected to appear before the Recorder of London in courtroom 10 of the Old Bailey at 10:00 GMT."

Which sounds to me like an actual appearance. Given the gravity of the situation I would think it is more likely it is an actual appearance so there can be no aspersions cast over the validity of what happened re a videolink appearance. JMO. The mention of a videolink appearance was a rumour.

I also saw that today's appearance is expected to be by videolink. It was back somewhere in the midst of thread #12. But that could be right or it could be wrong. We will find out in a few hours when its reported.

Thanks! Yes, looking at the map again I can see that Poynders Court is on the left (funny - I thought it was on the right) and this would fit with SE walking on the left, the car stopping on the left, and the #50 bus passing towards Tulse Hill with the dash cam having a good view on the left. If both of the car doors were open I would guess the car wasn’t actually on the road, would seem more likely to be parked on the pavement or similar?
The road is wide enough that a car with hazards on, within the lane isn’t implausible. Traffic could easily go around. Even last night I looked out my window and saw a car with hazards on, very near where the alleged has supposedly done the same but within the left hand lane.

However for the front doors to be open and making the car wider leads me to believe it would be off the road. A car in the road with doors open is more suspicious than a car parked off the road with doors open.

I also saw that today's appearance is expected to be by videolink. It was back somewhere in the midst of thread #12. But that could be right or it could be wrong. We will find out in a few hours when its reported.

It was rumoured. We'll have to see!

One thing that has occurred to me which I don't think we've yet covered in all of the threads to date: there has been a lot of talk about a)whether the accused was at work or not on the day b)how premeditated the act was and c)the presence of the hire car in determining the pre meditation... well... we know that LE tracked the hire car via ANPR from London back to Kent... presumably they can also use ANPR to find out where the car was before Sarah went missing, thereby building up a picture of where the accused was beforehand, what he was doing etc, which may help to build the case against him. Presumably even from near Dover where the car was hired up the M20 and into London on the day. That's a lot of CCTV footage to go through...

Sure it said the accused was to attend and other parties to connect via cloud link or something. Alyce posted it, will go back and look.
That rings a bell now. Thanks Jools1975. There's been so much info, there's only so much I can retain at once :)

Wasn’t he working in Nine Elms up until 8pm?

Which would be perfectly logical on how he drove past her. Looking at the map he could of even passed her before that stage if she was on the phone and not playing attention.

MOO

Attachments

• B0B8674F-5B60-4CCC-AF1C-86D38B8308F1.jpeg
    B0B8674F-5B60-4CCC-AF1C-86D38B8308F1.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for that. Saved me a journey!
Anybody know if old Bailey public access is allowed? Pandemic based question. Might be worth a look anyway...

I think you can but not sure it would be classed as essential. I am in two minds whether to attend a trial local to me next month because it isn't really essential but I really would like to.

Wasn’t he working in Nine Elms up until 8pm?

Which would be perfectly logical on how he drove past her. Looking at the map he could of even passed her before that stage if she was on the phone and not playing attention.

MOO

That was what was reported originally as the accused was reported to have been at work at the US Embassy, but now that information has been superseded. One of our other very kind sleuths will hopefully post the links :)

"He is expected to appear in court by video link from custody before Judge Mark Lucraft QC, the Recorder of London, from 10am.

During the hearing, the judge is expected to set a timetable for the case."

Met officer due in court accused of kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard

Be interesting to see if that has changed - BBC today didn't mention videolink.

Sure it said the accused was to attend and other parties to connect via cloud link or something. Alyce posted it, will go back and look.
Could be this one?
Found Deceased - UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12
“As it seems there is an embargo on posting the accused's name on here, I will not add the Court link for tomorrow...but only add that it will be CVP. 10am.

for anyone who doesn't know - CVP = Cloud Video Platform .
Accused to attend, everyone else involved in the hearing will link via their chosen platform.

edited to update info”

I think if they can prove rape they will absolutely try to add the charge. When it comes to sentencing a murder with a sexual element would receive a higher minimum term I think.

In Libby's case the rape and murder sentence was concurrent so Relowizc wont actually serve longer (kind of feels like he got the rape for free) however if he hadn't been found guilty of rape I think his minimum tariff would have been quite a bit less than 27 years so it does make a difference.

Absolutely correct. The rape would have been an aggravating factor . In the Soham
Murders - Hollie and Jessica - The lack of proof of a sexual motive was one of the factors which prevented the imposition of a whole life tariff. Ian Huntley got a 40 year minimum. He had burnt the bodies and so there were no forensic findings re sexual assault ( although much suspicion)

I think you can but not sure it would be classed as essential. I am in two minds whether to attend a trial local to me next month because it isn't really essential but I really would like to.

From the end of this month, the ‘stay at home’ order is due to be lifted. So Aslong as you follow all Covid guidelines on SD and masks, I don’t see why you can’t :)

Not sure how it ended up in Libby Squire case as to how much the jury was made aware of in terms of other crimes prior to the rape and murder in question. But can totally see how, in order for a fair trial, the prima facie facts of this case need to stand on their own merits and not clouded by other lesser charges which may or may not have the same level of evidence.

Just re the bolded bit. In Libby’s case the prior offences of indecency were *uncovered during the course of the investigation into her disappearance and murder. They were prosecuted separately to her murder trial, and he was found guilty and consequently already in prison when Libby’s case came to trial.

Unusually the prior offences were fully described during Relowicz’s murder trial. It was said in the trial commentary that this was allowed because they were uncovered during the course of Libby’s investigation and formed an important part of that.

*eta His involvement was uncovered. Many of the actual offences were already known to police I think but had not been linked to Relowicz

Last edited:
What is strange though is the BBC report today (1 hour ago) just says

"A Met Police constable is set to appear at the Old Bailey accused of murdering and kidnapping Sarah Everard."

Which doesn't mention videolink - maybe omission but "set to appear" sounds like actual appearance. I'm sure it'll become clear soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member