Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This does make you wonder how the Police have come to look in this area for SE's mobile phone, it cannot be through the signal being pinged as there has been no activity and tracking only works when switched on. Perhaps WC is talking? Or perhaps they have tracked him to this area and assume it must have been to dump evidence?

It comes as police investigating the murder have begun a second day searching in Sandwich, Kent, for her missing mobile phone - this time in the network of drains below the town.

Police officer accused of kidnapping and murdering Sarah Everard finished his shift in the morning | Daily Mail Online

It’s a big distinction between US and U.K. legal systems. Without going into it in too much detail in U.K. attorneys fall into two categories, solicitors and barristers. Solicitors are legally qualified, licensed and authorised to give legal advice and representation to the public. We are also officers of the court, but we are not called to the bar as a barrister is and so do not usually * have rights of audience to represent and appear for parties in Higher Courts - for criminal law that’s a Crown Court. The accused will have been given access to a solicitor on arrest. That solicitor will have advised him at interview stage and will continue to represent and advise the accused to trial. The solicitor has now “briefed” a barrister to represent accused in OB which is a Crown Court. The Barrister (who is a senior barrister (known as leading counsel) as he is a QC having taken Silk) is likely now to represent him to and appear in his behalf at trial “instructed” by the sol.
*this will depend on whether you have become licensed as a solicitor-advocate, in which case yiu would also have higher rights of audience.

EDITED FOR MORE DETAIL

Yes

Short version, Barristers are the ones who can appear in Court, but they cannot have clients - rather they are instructed by solicitors.

Solicitors have clients, and are what we would normally understand to be lawyers. They don't appear in Court.

In NZ, because we historically had a shortage of lawyers, one was allowed to be both a barrister and a solicitor.

In the UK, you have to be one or the other.

DBM

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but I’m sure EC has changed her username on YouTube but kept the videos up of her children which I find very bizarre.

Having said that, I’m seeing lots of people vilify her on Twitter but she could very well be completely innocent in all this.
There are many cases I’m of men committing heinous crimes and their loved ones having no idea. At the worst they may have thought their partner was having affairs.

Last edited:
I was curious too so here is a post from Professor Leiter from the University of Chicago quoting UK colleagues on the difference between solicitor and barrister from a US perspective. This is obviously not a MSM article but it is written by a respected law professor so I think it is fine to share.

How does an American Law School Graduate Become Eligible to Practice Law in England?.

I’m waiting to have my account verified but for what it’s worth I read that and can confirm it’s correct. though I’d point out to him FYI that it’s quite hard to get jobs in the sort of (solicitor) law firms most us law grads would want to work in lol.

I was curious too so here is a post from Professor Leiter from the University of Chicago quoting UK colleagues on the difference between solicitor and barrister from a US perspective. This is obviously not a MSM article but it is written by a respected law professor so I think it is fine to share.

How does an American Law School Graduate Become Eligible to Practice Law in England?.
Good article.
To clarify if anyone is interested.
To qualify as a solicitor takes 6-7 years (depending on law degree route)
Qualifying law degree; Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice; 2 year Training Contract; Professional Skills Course = Qualification
or
Degree; Post Graduate Diploma in Law; Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice; 2 year Training Contract; Professional Skills Course = Qualification

Last edited:
Also, they have been married for several years (can’t recall the source but 15?) and she has had, the looks of it, continuous employment in the UK. She had a LinkedIn account here! I would be amazed if she isn’t entirely fluent. She strikes me as a normal, intelligent woman perfectly capable of speaking fluent English (indeed weren’t some initial eye-witness reports of the family that she was the “chatty” wife!). I think it is safe to say this was to all intents and purposes a very ordinary normal family, one of whom was originally from another country. But that is it - nothing else to really speculate (or rather, nothing until we get official evidence to the contrary).

I don't doubt she's now fluent. And I really didn't want to suggest she's not a normal, intelligent woman. Sorry if it's how it sounded.
I'm mostly wondering about defendant.

Last edited:
With respect to Sarah’s friend, she cannot speak to what Sarah would have wanted were she able to tell us - especially after the ordeal she suffered. We don’t know that Helena speaks for the family, and we don’t really know how close she was to Sarah. Violence against women is not a political issue.

What I don’t understand is why she chose to write an article for the notoriously right-wing, racist & misogynist publication that is Spiked if she is against the politicisation of her friend’s death. She could’ve submitted it to anywhere, but she chose Spiked. If you aren’t aware of their political stance, check out some of the other articles on the site. They’re basically like a UK Breitbart. Without linking to to Helena’s most recent FB post as I know it is not allowed, her posts about the vigil seem to focus more on her own distaste for the COVID19 restrictions and lockdown in the UK and annoyance at the ‘liberal elite’.

I have seen many more of Sarah’s friends posting their support of #reclaimthenight and desire for women to feel safer, and support of the women who attended the vigil. In this article in particular her close family expressed their support and thanks for the outpouring of support:

www.thesun.co.uk/news/14338769/sarah-everards-family-call-for-positive-change

SARAH Everard’s family yesterday called for her murder to bring positive change in protecting women.

Aunt Andrea said: “It’s not right that women don’t feel safe on the street.”

Andrea Everard said of the crowd: “All they were doing was showing support for Sarah and other women victims of appalling crime.

“I hope Sarah’s death can bring about some positive change.””

I realise this topic has been done to death and I’m sorry to bring it up again, I just couldn’t bear to see people sharing that article from that awful website over and over again all over the place with no context.

It must be incredibly overwhelming for Sarah’s family at the moment, especially given all the media attention. But I think once the dust has settled they will want her passing to mean something, for her legacy to be positive change which prevents other women suffering as she did in the future. That’s all you can really hope for after such a tragic and unnecessary loss of a beautiful young life.

I know Sarah's parents and siblings also want to come to Clapham Common to see the flowers and also lay some of their own. Her aunt was fully supportive of the vigil and women's right to feel safe when walking home.

With regard to his mental state/health - can we consider the steroid use theory regarding the accused on WS? Or would it be outside the lines?
Although it would be inappropriate to suggest that WC was taking steroids, I can think of things to say on this idea. It is known that steroids are commonly used (in this country, the US) by men who want to further buildup their musculature. Further, there have been persistent rumors that police have a high incidence of use (again in my country). Often they will seem rather well-built. Steroids also do increase appetite, so some men may exhibit weight gain as well. Steroids have also been attributed to aggressive behavior (aka ‘roid rage’), and this behavior can come on in an otherwise formerly mild mannered person.
I think there are many parallels there, and it remains a theory I have been entertaining.

A large percentage of murderers in the UK are not serving time in Broadmoor. ie-Not mentally ill.

Occasionally we need to reason, in our own minds, how murderers can commit such a terrible crimes as it's so inexplicable. It's difficult to comprehend and it's easy to bring 'mental health' and 'labels' into it.

Sadly it's not always the case.

My post is talking in general and not directly about the accused.

JMO

Yes, that's exactly where I was coming from with that, trying to reason it in my own mind. I don't think for a second that's he's criminally insane, though I'm not sure what the legal standard is for that these days but I've believed it to be a strict criteria in the past(could be wrong). Just find it unusual for someone to have lived what must have been a crime free life up to this year and have a seemingly stable family life with good careers and great kids etc, to all of a sudden do something like this with no obvious red flags. I know the indecent exposure was a clear red flag but the crimes were so close together its hard not to see them as part of the same downward spiral.

On the insanity topic, I remember reading about a case last year where a little girl had her throat slit in a park in Bolton. It was one of the most harrowing things I'd read in a while and the woman accused in that case got the murder charge dropped on the grounds of diminished responsibility due to mental health. Like I say I've no time for it personally if I were that little girls parents I'd be raging.

Yes

Short version, Barristers are the ones who can appear in Court, but they cannot have clients - rather they are instructed by solicitors.

Solicitors have clients, and are what we would normally understand to be lawyers. They don't appear in Court.

In NZ, because we historically had a shortage of lawyers, one was allowed to be both a barrister and a solicitor.

Not true. Solicitors can now have Higher Rights of Audience - Higher rights of audience

I’m waiting to have my account verified but for what it’s worth I read that and can confirm it’s correct. though I’d point out to him FYI that it’s quite hard to get jobs in the sort of (solicitor) law firms most us law grads would want to work in lol.
Be careful what you wish for!

Yes

There are circumstances in which solicitors can represent in court in England. They don't apply for this forthcoming trial, but if anyone's interested for sake of completeness, here's a link:

The Difference Between Solicitor and Barrister - The Lawyer Portal

This does make you wonder how the Police have come to look in this area for SE's mobile phone, it cannot be through the signal being pinged as there has been no activity and tracking only works when switched on. Perhaps WC is talking? Or perhaps they have tracked him to this area and assume it must have been to dump evidence?

It comes as police investigating the murder have begun a second day searching in Sandwich, Kent, for her missing mobile phone - this time in the network of drains below the town.

Police officer accused of kidnapping and murdering Sarah Everard finished his shift in the morning | Daily Mail Online

people who finish night shift usual go straight home to get some sleep you would think what was the accused doing during these 13 hours?

Also, they have been married for several years (can’t recall the source but 15?) and she has had, the looks of it, continuous employment in the UK. She had a LinkedIn account here! I would be amazed if she isn’t entirely fluent. She strikes me as a normal, intelligent woman perfectly capable of speaking fluent English (indeed weren’t some initial eye-witness reports of the family that she was the “chatty” wife!). I think it is safe to say this was to all intents and purposes a very ordinary normal family, one of whom was originally from another country. But that is it - nothing else to really speculate (or rather, nothing until we get official evidence to the contrary).

I must say some of the coverage has really played into xenophobic stereotypes about Eastern European women. She's well educated - more so than the accused. Tabloids appear to have assumed the relationship was some sort of 'mail order bride' situation also, with no apparent evidence. It's distasteful.

On the insanity topic, I remember reading about a case last year where a little girl had her throat slit in a park in Bolton. It was one of the most harrowing things I'd read in a while and the woman accused in that case got the murder charge dropped on the grounds of diminished responsibility due to mental health. Like I say I've no time for it personally if I were that little girls parents I'd be raging.

The case you refer to was tragic. The only raging the parents should be doing is to the authorities that let this woman be released/allowed into the community.

Not true. Solicitors can now have Higher Rights of Audience - Higher rights of audience

plus the previous post was misleading in saying solicitors dont appear in court, they appear in magistrates courts regularly without a barrister they cant appear in crown court without a barrister or as you say without obtaining higher rights

Yes

You're right that you have to be one or the other but solicitors can attain higher rights of audience by becoming solicitor advocates. I'm not aware of the exact qualifications they had to obtain to do this but it does allow them to appear in higher courts. Their robes look different to ours so I can always spot a solicitor advocate! Solicitors may instruct us and we tend to refer to two kinds of clients - our professional clients (instructing solicitors) and our lay clients (the defendant/claimant)

I must say some of the coverage has really played into xenophobic stereotypes about Eastern European women. She's well educated - more so than the accused. Tabloids appear to have assumed the relationship was some sort of 'mail order bride' situation also, with no apparent evidence. It's distasteful.

I think that came about from someone who lived on the same street as them saying that they were surprised when the defendant told him he was going to Ukraine to 'fetch his wife' like she was some sort of package he'd ordered online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj123