Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be that even if the murder charge fails, a jury might still see there being enough evidence for kidnap - So he'd atleast end up in Prison. Just my thoughts.

Thanks @infinit, that's a point.

I don’t understand why cases have to be heard at magistrates to be moved up to crown, it feels like such a waste of time

You literally turn up, state your name and address and then get told it has to go to Crown court... so why not just go straight there!?

Looking in BBC news at the site where SE body was found. Its a very large wooded area, 30 miles away from where WC lived. The only way they found the body in such a remote area could be from the killer himself. I am convinced he revealed the dumping spot
I thought he lived 30 miles from where he worked not 30 miles where she was found?

There is something odd about this 'exclusive'. It's not just that it hasn't made it on to the other MSM sites, it's not even on the Express's own website, which has been updated much more recently than M. Knowles's Twitter post of seven hours ago. The Express isn't a paper I'd trust very far but if the editors thought this was true on further investigation, I think they'd have been trumpeting it on the main website. So for the moment I'd take this story with a pinch of salt.

Finally -- 2nd source reporting.

Andy Hughes@SkyAndyHughes

NEW: PC Wayne Couzens, the Metropolitan Police officer charged with the murder and kidnap of Sarah Everard, was taken to hospital today for a second time within 48 hours, with head injuries sustained in custody.

2:07 PM · Mar 12, 2021·

Last edited:
As they have charged him with regards to SE, I assume this means they can no longer question him about it directly. If they suspect there are other victims, can they continue to question him about those?
Good question.
Maybe our legal experts would weigh in if they are available, please?

It also covers all bases - they may currently have better quality evidence to prove kidnap than murder, but be convinced of both. Charging him on both counts means that even if he wriggles out of murder, he can still face jail time for the kidnap which can be proven separately. JMO.

It's pretty difficult to see how, if they have solid evidence of kidnap and the victim then turns up dead in a local woods a few days later - how the murder conviction doesn't follow

But yeah - he might try to argue some accidental death stuff

The head injuries. Once or perhaps twice.

This isn't usual is it? Can site members remember anything like this in other cases?
We’ve just watched a series, I think it could be Mindhunter where one of the serial killers bangs his head repeatedly on the cell wall .. I just said to my OH it’s exactly like that (head banging not the serial killer part) that was frustration at getting caught!
Police officer Wayne Couzens charged with murder of Sarah Everard | ITV News

Is it possible the second trip is due to the original head injury perhaps? You know concussion type symptoms etc.

I reckon it wouldn’t take much to to sustain more severe damage as his head sounds will already be in bad shape from the first time according to the reports it was severe head injuries..

WC needs to be sectioned ASAP and put into an appropriate facility. He seems determined to cause himself lasting harm (whether as a ploy to plead diminished responsibility or because he knows he’s reached the end of the road & has nothing to live for).

For Sarah’s sake he needs to face due process. At the rate he’s trying to damage himself it’s not fair on her family if he succeeds. It’ll also be a horrendous, preventable own goal for the Met if he succeeds.

Good question.
Maybe our legal experts would weigh in if they are available, please?

Yes if they had enough reason to arrest they could question - Not an expert but it happens in other cases.

Nothing to really be outside for. His career has gone, pension with it. His reputation. His wife, whether or not she had anything to do with it, will no doubt leave him. His family and home are kaput. He can never go back now. If he is found guilty he will be inside until he is well into his 70s I would imagine, if he doesn't die first.

Finally, some good news!

Can I ask those that are more in the know about these things, what would be the point or rationale for charging with kidnap? Surely not all perpetrators that snatch and take the lives of victims in a similar way to how this might have happened are charged with kidnap? Is this usual? Is there a reason why it would be useful eg. longer sentence? More evidence?

Edited to correct typo

I agree it isn't regularly charged in these cases in the UK. I wonder if it has to do with this part of the definition:

Taking or carrying away of one person by another, by force or fraud...

JMO but I feel that if they have some evidence he used his warrant card, they would want to come down hard on that and make sure it was charged as harshly as possible.

Teen dragged into bushes in rape attack

Wayne Couzens joined the MPS on 10 September 2018. His first posting was to South Area where he joined a response team covering the Bromley area.

“He then moved to the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command on February 1 2020 where his primary role was on uniformed patrol duties of diplomatic premises, mainly a range of embassies.” Police officer charged with the kidnap and murder of Sarah Everard

do you think this looks like him?

YES please send this on to Kent Police.

<modsnip: Quoted post has been removed>

WS has been running years, following thousands of cases, high profile too, i'm unaware of any being pulled after charging. It is moderated robustly to stay within the rules. Normally threads will quieten down only media snippets and court apperances noted, then threads pick up again for the trial. There is no need for the threads to be pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx