Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how ANPR works? Does it involve lots of eyes visually watching footage? Or is it advanced enough that you can enter a reg number and it'll go ping ping ping this is where that car has been...?

It's automatic, both on capturing plates (by cameras, and police cars), and lookup (when you want to trace a plate). And very fast. Sometimes it gets it wrong but extremely rarely.

Does anyone know how ANPR works? Does it involve lots of eyes visually watching footage? Or is it advanced enough that you can enter a reg number and it'll go ping ping ping this is where that car has been...?
It's automated.

So yes it is sophisticated enough to ping if a flagged plate passes a camera.

This IMO but I’m worried that the search at the woods may be unrelated to evidence they have got from WC. Purely speculation here, but if a member of the public stumbled upon something untoward in the woods I.e. something that looked like a body or remains / a suspicious fire etc and reported it - that’s when the police started investigating the location. They had arrested WC initially on kidnapping charges because of the CCTV that put him at SEs last know location but they clearly didn’t have evidence of him going anywhere else/ a body at that stage to arrest him on more. So they had evidence of him kidnapping her and nothing more, but then they are lead to the woods by another report so have found evidence of a body but they have been unable to actually find any evidence to tie WC to that location as he has probably been able to clear up after himself very well given his job, which explains the extensive searches still going on both in the woods and at WCs house / other locations to try and find something to put him there and the fact he hasn’t been charged yet.

Purely speculation and I’m hoping it’s not true as I would hate to think he could get away with not being placed there...

I don't think you can really state that they 'clearly didn't have evidence of him going anywhere else'. They will have known his likely commuting route, which logically would be the M20 and they would most likely have number plate recognition from there. It would be logical for any operation to search disused and remote areas along a route a suspect took and that seems to be what they did searching woodland, golf course, the street where she was taken, the common etc.

Last edited:
You enter a reg and it will give you dates, times and locations of all ANPR cameras that vehicle drove past

According to Kent Live News:
" Police 'had car registration number' of flasher
Reports are emerging that police had details about the car used by the person who committed the indecent exposure in McDonald's in South London three days before Sarah Everard's disappearance...
According to the Sun, eyewitnesses at the burger bar in South London took details of the vehicle allegedly used by a man who flashed at staff before running off. "

Source: Met Police confirms identity of body in Sarah Everard search - live updates

p.s please correct me if I haven't done this right.

"The main nefarious activities are cottaging and dealing, neither of which seem particularly relevant"

They are relevant in that they show his willingness to participate in things that are illegal, no?

@MrsKierkegaard

The bits in italics I C&P from the last thread which closed before I managed to send my reply

I haven't seen any source which suggests he had any connection with either activity, and was wondering if you could link your source. I don't think being near Clapham Common in itself is evidence of a connection, otherwise you'd also be saying that everyone else who travelled through was willing participant?
Oh I see - I mistunderstood your original post, which I thought was referencing what he was believed to have been doing. I really need more time to catch up!

"The main nefarious activities are cottaging and dealing, neither of which seem particularly relevant"

They are relevant in that they show his willingness to participate in things that are illegal, no?

@MrsKierkegaard

The bits in italics I C&P from the last thread which closed before I managed to send my reply

I haven't seen any source which suggests he had any connection with either activity, and was wondering if you could link your source. I don't think being near Clapham Common in itself is evidence of a connection, otherwise you'd also be saying that everyone else who travelled through was willing participant?

There was another media report linked earlier about a similar previous attack on a woman at Clapham Common that was supposed to be referred to the Met. Perhaps that is what was being referred to by mentioning Clapham Common? JMO

https://www.alertsystems.co.uk/secu...atic-number-plate-recognition/how-anpr-works/

Cameras record VRNs which then go through OCR (optical character recognition)

And yes it can both 'read' (see what's on the road, and store all the read data) and 'hit' (find matching VRN hits in its stored datasets)

This IMO but I’m worried that the search at the woods may be unrelated to evidence they have got from WC. Purely speculation here, but if a member of the public stumbled upon something untoward in the woods I.e. something that looked like a body or remains / a suspicious fire etc and reported it - that’s when the police started investigating the location. They had arrested WC initially on kidnapping charges because of the CCTV that put him at SEs last know location but they clearly didn’t have evidence of him going anywhere else/ a body at that stage to arrest him on more. So they had evidence of him kidnapping her and nothing more, but then they are lead to the woods by another report so have found evidence of a body but they have been unable to actually find any evidence to tie WC to that location as he has probably been able to clear up after himself very well given his job, which explains the extensive searches still going on both in the woods and at WCs house / other locations to try and find something to put him there and the fact he hasn’t been charged yet.

Purely speculation and I’m hoping it’s not true as I would hate to think he could get away with not being placed there...

While I can see where your coming from, it’s more likely to have come from evidence they have gathered.

From following previous cases they track cars through ANPR and use that to piece together the journey. Some cars also have trackers which they can pin point locations with.

If members of the public had found further evidence or worse case a body then I’d imagine it’d be covered in the press fairly quickly

Any idea what this is?, press seem highly interested, white van with trailer, blue flashing lights on van something coming out of back of trailer

I could be very very wrong about this - I had seen similar trucks in the past that contain a ground penetrating radar type device. Used to find objects under the surface on archaeological digs. It will have a handle and look like a large hoover - sometimes with 4 large all terrain wheels.

According to Kent Live News:
" Police 'had car registration number' of flasher
Reports are emerging that police had details about the car used by the person who committed the indecent exposure in McDonald's in South London three days before Sarah Everard's disappearance...
According to the Sun, eyewitnesses at the burger bar in South London took details of the vehicle allegedly used by a man who flashed at staff before running off. "

Source: Met Police confirms identity of body in Sarah Everard search - live updates

p.s please correct me if I haven't done this right.

Perfectly done!
thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads