UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people like to take longer walking routes at the moment to avoid busy main roads during the pandemic, or heavily polluted areas - I am one of those people and often go quite a way off the beaten track to avoid people, pollution and covid - just trying to think of what routes I would take if I were still living in the area and walking home from Clapham Common

I saw that Sarah was wearing a mask and going into the shop and had spent the evening inside a friends house which suggest to me that her level of worry about covid probably wouldn't mean that she would change her route to avoid people outside JMO

I saw that Sarah was wearing a mask and going into the shop and had spent the evening inside a friends house which suggest to me that her level of worry about covid probably wouldn't mean that she would change her route to avoid people outside JMO

I agree. It would be so quiet at that time of night that you wouldn't take a different route for Covid reasons. Also, no judgment, but she had been at a friend's house which is strictly not allowed so I don't think Covid is a factor. If it was me I would take the main road even if it took longer because it is dark and scary at 9.30pm in London.

Yes, that's true but I think circumstances very different? Sarah is older and also not on a night out, not drunk as far as we know, it's a week night. Assume (maybe wrongly) an older, also sober housemate would be expecting her home? I assume if she had a housemate they would've mentioned it. I suppose I'm just asking because it's very expensive to live in London so relatively unusual for people to live alone.

I'm not comparing it to the circumstances surrounding the Libby Squire case, yes they're completely different and believe me, myself and other posters here lived that case day in day out for a couple of years until that freak was imprisoned for her murder.

All I said was that IF she had housemates they may not be certain if she came home or not.

I'm not comparing it to the circumstances surrounding the Libby Squire case, yes they're completely different and believe me and other posters here lived that case day in day out for a couple of years until that freak was imprisoned for her murder.
All I said was that IF she had housemates they may not be certain if she came home or not.

Understood, you're right and I wasn't trying to be arsey - sorry.

Lots of people like to take longer walking routes at the moment to avoid busy main roads during the pandemic, or heavily polluted areas - I am one of those people and often go quite a way off the beaten track to avoid people, pollution and covid - just trying to think of what routes I would take if I were still living in the area and walking home from Clapham Common

Okay, I see what you mean. I think personally given the time of night I'd be more inclined to stick to main lit routes. That does however increase the chances of a possible perpetrator (if there is one) driving by.

(snipped for brevity)

Well, unfortunately they do. Reminded me of this case:
Iuliana Tudos death: Man jailed for Finsbury Park barmaid murder

I agree it definitely has the same vibes, I live in North London right near Fisnbury Park and remember this murder.

I am getting a very bad feeling about this. I do think she has been attacked by/in the park. I hope they find her soon and that I am wrong.

The reports of 2 incidents in the surrounding area in the weeks leading up to this disappearance (as mentioned further back in this thread) are highly suspicious, and potentially linked.

Praying for this young lady

MOO

Yeah I think it’s a stretch to suggest she’d be elongating her walk alone at that time of night and presumably cool temperature. I found Cavendish Road to be an outlier too.

I’ve been Streetviewing all of the Sainsbury’s in the area, and I can’t see any matching the CCTV pic better than the A23 one (I’ve looked at Brixton Water Lane/Trent Rd one, the Brixton Water Lane/A204 one, and the one on Clapham High St). However, the A23 one is a long way to descend from Brixton given the other routes available, so despite the ER that MMS found pointing to a SE in SW4 or 9 (Brixton), I still can’t shake the Tulse Hill pin that her friend seemed to have marked when sharing the possible routes SE took. Also, the ER for SW4 was from 2002-05 when SE was surely still in York as a child? And 2010-13 (SW9) seems a long time ago too, so could have changed in the meantime or be a different SE?

I also can’t see how, at that time and temp, SE would not be walking and talking, placing her moving very slowly if still on the Common at 9:28pm when the ping was last registered (and this also assumes that Clarence Ave would cover the area of the Common she may have been in), unless her phone was stolen and moved to that area by her attacker by 9.28pm, and the call to her partner had taken place earlier whilst SE was still on the Common.

We have a huge problem in London with phone thefts. The most common way is by a moped being driven up to victims and the phone being snatched by the passenger on the bike. This could explain her phone going dead but I'm not sure how that would explain her disappearance. But something to keep in mind.

MOO

Yeah I think it’s a stretch to suggest she’d be elongating her walk alone at that time of night and presumably cool temperature. I found Cavendish Road to be an outlier too.

I’ve been Streetviewing all of the Sainsbury’s in the area, and I can’t see any matching the CCTV pic better than the A23 one (I’ve looked at Brixton Water Lane/Trent Rd one, the Brixton Water Lane/A204 one, and the one on Clapham High St). However, the A23 one is a long way to descend from Brixton given the other routes available, so despite the ER that MMS found pointing to a SE in SW4 or 9 (Brixton), I still can’t shake the Tulse Hill pin that her friend seemed to have marked when sharing the possible routes SE took. Also, the ER for SW4 was from 2002-05 when SE was surely still in York as a child? And 2010-13 (SW9) seems a long time ago too, so could have changed in the meantime or be a different SE?

I also can’t see how, at that time and temp, SE would not be walking and talking, placing her moving very slowly if still on the Common at 9:28pm when the ping was last registered (and this also assumes that Clarence Ave would cover the area of the Common she may have been in), unless her phone was stolen and moved to that area by her attacker by 9.28pm, and the call to her partner had taken place earlier whilst SE was still on the Common.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is ER and MMS, please?

I think if she was distracted by phone or listening to music she would more likely been grabbed from behind and if there was more then one individual that is not good situation and she would have stood no chance but but if it's one person she might have had a good chance getting away because she keeps fit by running a lot

Last edited:
Tulse Hill must be close to where she lives as LE were also reportedly searching Brockwell Park today.

Updates as police search ponds in Clapham Common in hunt for missing woman
Thank you. Just copying the text here

21:21JAMES TWOMEY
Reports that the search for Sarah moved to Brockwell Park
There have been reports that the search for Sarah went as far as Brockwell Park, after initially starting in Clapham Common earlier today.

One person said they saw 'search and rescue dogs' looking for Sarah.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is ER and MMS, please?

Sorry, I could have been clearer - MsMiniSleuth (MMS) a couple of pages back posted that they’d found a couple of SEs on the Electoral Roll (ER) in the SW4 and Sw9 areas in response to my musings about Tulse Hill being a possible destination/home address for SE (which is SW2). I was theorising here that the dates of the ER records for these Brixton (not Tulse Hill) addresses could be different SEs or, in the later record (2013, SW9), an outdated address - but nothing confirmed. My hunch on Tulse Hill is based on a pin drop in a screen shot of possible routes SE took home by her friend in a social media post, the fact that I believe the Sainsbury’s entrance in the (full version) of the CCTV pic of SE that night seems to match that of the Sainsbury’s Local closest to Tulse Hill when heading towards Leathwaite Road and finally the fact that Leathwaite Road to Tulse Hill is roughly 50 mins walking according to Google, which matches with the times quoted in reports but also places Clarence Ave or the Clarence Ave junction of the A205 south from Leathwaite Road around 30 mins, again tallying with the 9:28pm call/last ping. Living further north in Brixton doesn’t make that Sainsbury’s, or Clarence Ave, particularly logical to me in terms of route.

Updates as police search ponds in Clapham Common in hunt for missing woman

Where is Brockwell Park?[/QUOTE]

It's just south east of Brixton Hill/Tulse Hill area. Close enough to be walked there by someone. Multiple entrances and would be completely deserted at night time. It's not that big though (compared to Clapham Common). I would imagine/hope the dogs could find something before long, were there something to be found.

From mylondon this evening:

Police reveal list of areas Sarah could have been seen in

The Metropolitan Police have released a list of areas near Clapham Common that Sarah might have been in on the last night she was seen.

Officers are also asking people in the following areas to check doorbell or dashcam footage for any sightings of Sarah:
  • The A205 South Circular around Clapham Common
  • Cavendish Road
  • New Park Road
  • Brixton Hill
  • Brixton Water Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors