UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't ever get complacent as there were areas there I would not walk at night in and around Brixton but would be happy to in the day and was comfortable doing this for years, but then one day I was cycling slowly (not walking) through Stockwell and was confronted by a man ****ing. Glad I was on my bike and could pelt it out of there. Look at the crime stats someone posted further up this thread for the area. In ten years I was also physically assaulted on two different occasions by men (who were either mentally unstable or high). So that is three crimes towards me, a woman, in ten years all in daylight. Its easy to get complacent. You could live there 7 years and nothing happen then...

Edit: I've just remembered two more crimes but not involving me in that area. One was my neighbour upstairs had an intruder enter her flat and another neighbour in another year had a men enter her house and that was a sexual intruder. All of these including above are in a ten year period.

Police state they can't be sure she made it home? So just supposing she did make it home, she could have been a victim of an intruder. It might not have been a street disappearance.

Oh my goodness, I'm sorry you had to go through these things.

To update you on movements here, there are search teams out again on and around the Common today, and the police have been going door to door and searching gardens around Clarence Avenue. Agnes Riley Gardens is small and there isn't much cover - I believe it has been/continues to be searched.

Tooting Common which is a bit further south that ARG also has the sniffer dogs out today according to Twitter posts.

I have a feeling the person responsible for this has attacked before
Tooting Common which is a bit further south that ARG also has the sniffer dogs out today according to Twitter posts.

Seems out of the way from her route but much more greenery and places to dispose of a body, including a train track running through he centre so it is a dead end.

Yes it's my wishful thinking, probably. It was just the phrase 'complex nature' of the case that got me wondering if they had different theories.

Could it point towards being included in a larger ongoing investigation (serial attacker, say), or is this standard practice when moving into homicide investigation territory (ie were the staff on the investigation up to now not homicide?). Sorry, genuine questions, not trying to generate sensationalism.

Do we think they have CCTV from further along the route than the Poynders Road/Cavendish Road junction and Sarah's not on it?

Obviously obtaining and reviewing CCTV footage is very time consuming but you would think by now they would have managed to get something from the second half of her assumed route home?

[QUOTE="sundaaaay, post: 16666379, member: 231456"
Seems out of the way from her route but much more greenery and places to dispose of a body, including a train track running through he centre so it is a dead end.[/QUOTE]

To me it seems they are looking less at her route but more thinking “if she was grabbed and attacked, where would a body be placed” - hence going BACK to Clapham Common where we know she left alive, as well as Tooting Common.

Do we think they have CCTV from further along the route than the Poynders Road/Cavendish Road junction and Sarah's not on it? ?

I keep thinking about the Brixton Water Lane interest. It's too far for her walk home. Leads me to believe they are chasing some kind of lead/activity so I'm inclined to say they have more footage of something yes.

I also think this has a complex nature because it occurred in a location with a lot of people, some transient, some subletting, some renting, airbnb, hotels etc. It can be very difficult to piece together information. Like the case of Andrew Gosden, who went missing in central London, people said how can he go missing where there is so much CCTV, but when there are a lot of options of what could have happened it can be overwhelming.

[QUOTE="sundaaaay, post: 16666379, member: 231456"
Seems out of the way from her route but much more greenery and places to dispose of a body, including a train track running through he centre so it is a dead end.

To me it seems they are looking less at her route but more thinking “if she was grabbed and attacked, where would a body be placed” - hence going BACK to Clapham Common where we know she left alive, as well as Tooting Common.[/QUOTE]

This is my thinking with continuing to search Clapham Common. And now Tooting as per the poster above. As another poster points out, maybe the police have already realised SE does not appear in CCTV later down the same road which, whilst not conclusive by itself, could suggest a vehicle now being involved if the immediate areas around Poynders/Clarence Ave/AR Gardens have not turned anything up.

Could it point towards being included in a larger ongoing investigation (serial attacker, say), or is this standard practice when moving into homicide investigation territory (ie were the staff on the investigation up to now not homicide?). Sorry, genuine questions, not trying to generate sensationalism.

I'm not sure about the exact procedures either, but 'complex investigation' means they do have information under their belts. Something can't be complex until there's a reasonable amount to go on.

Missing persons cases (of which, sadly, are far too many) are notoriously under-resourced, so there must be concrete reasons why this has moved up the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay