UK - Scarlett Vickers (14) stabbed to death at home in Darlington. Parents charged with murder (5 July '24)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

bobbymkii

Reaction score
A mother and father have appeared in court accused of murdering their 14-year-old daughter who, the court heard, was fatally stabbed.

Simon Vickers, 49, and Sarah Hall, 44, of Darlington, who have been charged with murder, appeared at Newton Aycliffe magistrates court in County Durham on Monday.

rbbm
'She suffered a single knife wound to the chest resulting in her death. This is not a matter that can be dealt with here and I ask the case be sent to the crown court.'

Georgia Snowden, representing Hall - who shook throughout the five minute hearing - said: 'There is a dispute over the facts of the case. My client is absolutely distraught.'

Amrit Jandoo, for Vickers, said that he also disputed the facts likely to be presented by the prosecution when the case next comes to court.

District Judge Steven Hudd told Vickers and Hall: 'The offence of murder is one which can only be heard at crown court. I am sending your case to Teesside Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on August 5.'''

This is an odd one.
Parents don’t seem to be a likeable pair according to FB

I simply put SV into Facebook and it brings up a slew of comments on posts made by the police/school and various posters.
I think the school is closed tomorrow as a mark of respect, I was skim reading so I could be wrong.

Nothing crazy just that they don’t seem very popular.
Were they unpopular before the murder or only since then? The DM article quotes neighbor as saying they were a normal family and this was unexpected.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
394tx
Back