UK, Scotland & Ireland - Coronavirus COVID-19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coronavirus: 14 more deaths and 212 new cases in Ireland confirmed

HEALTH OFFICIALS HAVE confirmed a further 14 deaths from the Covid-19 virus and 212 new cases.

Of those 14 new reported deaths, eight of those patients were reported to have had an underlying condition.

Seven of the patients were female, seven were male.

10 patients were located in the east, four were located in the south.

It brings to 85 the number of deaths from Covid-19 in Ireland; the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases now stands at 3, 447.

The HSE is now working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to prevent further spread.

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has analysed Ireland’s total cases as midnight of Monday (when there were 2,990 cases). They found:

• 48% are male and 50% are female, with 134 clusters involving 563 cases
  • Median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
  • 834 cases (28%) have been hospitalised
  • Of those hospitalised, 126 cases have been admitted to ICU
  • 752 cases (25%) are associated with healthcare workers
  • Dublin has the highest number of cases at 1,645 (55% of all cases) followed by Cork with 255 cases (8%)
  • Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 60%, close contact accounts for 21%, travel abroad accounts for 18%

The BBC's Live ticker has a report of another brave doctor who has sadly died due to the virus.

RIP Dr Sa'adu :(

Among [the past 24 hours UK deaths due to the Covid-19 virus0] is a doctor who came out of retirement to help with the outbreak. The 68-year-old Dr Alfa Sa'adu was volunteering at a hospital in Hertfordshire

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52130552/page/2

I live in a fairly rural part of Scotland; while there have been (5 I think?) deaths in the region we’re way behind more populous areas of the UK.

I’m a Primary teacher and no health issues or dependents, so I’m able to keep fairly busy. We have hub schools open from 7.30 to 6, 7 days a week to support the children of key workers and vulnerable children (we have a lot of those, sadly). Should be breaking up for Easter holidays tomorrow but obviously that’s not happening and the hubs will remain open throughout. I’m also trying to figure out how to support the learning of my own class, many of who don’t have access to much in the way of technology and support at home. I am really worried about some of them, although we are allowed to check in and make phone calls.

Most people seem to be following the social distancing rules fairly well. Being so rural I can easily disappear out onto the hills directly from my doorstep and rarely see another soul. We’re still allowed out to feed livestock so my elderly horse can still have his daily visit/feed and essential medications.

I hope all UK and Ire based websleuthers are keeping well and sane.

I live in a fairly rural part of Scotland; while there have been (5 I think?) deaths in the region we’re way behind more populous areas of the UK.

I’m a Primary teacher and no health issues or dependents, so I’m able to keep fairly busy. We have hub schools open from 7.30 to 6, 7 days a week to support the children of key workers and vulnerable children (we have a lot of those, sadly). Should be breaking up for Easter holidays tomorrow but obviously that’s not happening and the hubs will remain open throughout. I’m also trying to figure out how to support the learning of my own class, many of who don’t have access to much in the way of technology and support at home. I am really worried about some of them, although we are allowed to check in and make phone calls.

Most people seem to be following the social distancing rules fairly well. Being so rural I can easily disappear out onto the hills directly from my doorstep and rarely see another soul. We’re still allowed out to feed livestock so my elderly horse can still have his daily visit/feed and essential medications.

I hope all UK and Ire based websleuthers are keeping well and sane.
Rhino, very sad that you are worrying for those poor kids. I share your worries in a way, concerned for colleagues who I know have mental health issues and how they will be coping. Hopefully just knowing you are there somewhere if needed will help them.

Enjoy your daily visits with your horse, therapy for both of you xX

Coronavirus: 13 more deaths and 402 new cases in Ireland confirmed

HEALTH OFFICIALS HAVE confirmed a further 13 deaths from the Covid-19 virus in Ireland along with a further 402 new cases.

Of the 13 new reported deaths, 10 patients were reported as having underlying conditions. Four of the patients were female, and nine were male.

Members of the National Public Health Emergency Team announced the latest figures from the Department of Health this evening.

It brings to 98 the number of deaths from Covid-19 in Ireland. The median age of deaths in Ireland is 82.

The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases now stands at 3,849.

Earlier today, the Public Health Agency in Northern Ireland also announced six more deaths, bringing that total to 36, as well as confirming a further 85 new cases.

It brings the total in the North to 774.

Globally, the total number of cases is edging towards one million, with around 46,000 deaths.

The US has become the worst affected country in the world with more than 215,000 confirmed cases, according to the Johns Hopkins University.

Almost 8% of UK National Health Service staff are off work sick

a83c39bd-da6f-4238-a850-542032401f13.jpg

... a line of ambulances stands outside the ExCel center, which is being turned into a 4,000-bed temporary hospital called NHS Nightingale to deal with coronavirus patients in London.

Nearly 8% of staff working for the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) are currently off sick, health minister Matt Hancock said in an interview with Sky News Friday.

The British government has been under intense pressure to provide more support to frontline medical workers as they struggle to deal with the coronavirus outbreak. Hancock said 5.7% of doctors were off work.

[...]

Coronavirus live updates: Cases top 1 million globally - CNN

Coronavirus patients who've recovered must keep social distancing, UK health minister says

ec234af1-fd3e-4427-9b40-7f0d0d55c2d0.jpg

Matt Hancock, British Health Secretary.

[...]

Hancock and Prime Minister Boris Johnson both tested positive for the virus last month.

“The advice is it’s highly likely that I’m now immune or have a very high level of immunity, but it’s not certain,” Hancock told BBC Radio on Friday. “And so I -- like everybody else who’s been through it -- am social distancing.”

[...]

“In a typical coronavirus -- one of the six existing coronaviruses -- immunity lasts a minimum of a year. And for some diseases can last up to a lifetime," he said. “But we don’t know that yet because this disease is only four months old.”

Coronavirus live updates: Cases top 1 million globally - CNN

14:08

UK hospital death toll rises by 708 to 4,313
The UK’s coronavirus death toll has risen to 4,313 in the deadliest day since the outbreak began.

Department of Health and Social Care figures show that 708 people have died in UK hospitals since 5pm on Thursday, when the total was 3,605.

UK coronavirus live: British death toll up by 20% to 4,313

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back