GUILTY UK - Shana Grice, 19, murdered at her Brighton home, 25 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[FONT=&amp]In earlier police interviews, Lane said he had not been at Miss Grice's home on the day of the killing but later changed his account. He told officers: "You ain't going to believe me ... in the morning I did go to Shana's."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Mr Bennetts said Lane told police he called at her home after driving past and spotting her car parked outside.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...enage-ex-bedroom-set-fire-police-warned-stop/
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The victim's employer, the Hove-based cash and carry Palmer and Harvey, raised the alarm when Ms Grice did not turn up for work that day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Officers were called to her home at around 9.45am where smoke and a small fire was found.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The cause of the fire is still under investigation and no more detail has been released.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The former Hove Park School student had recently moved into the house with three other friends who had all left for work before she died.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Ashley Cooke, 21, of Portslade, Ms Grice's boyfriend of three-and-a-half-years, stayed at her house the night before.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Yesterday he told how he gave her a “kiss and a cuddle” goodbye when he left for work at 7am, just hours before her body was found.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The self-employed kitchen fitter was working in Saltdean but rushed back to her house in his van when he realised something was wrong.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/14708675.Friends_tell_how_murder_victim_Shana_Grice_had_been_stalked/
[/FONT]

I think it's all really odd.

I would have thought Shana would have already left for work before 9:15/9:30 for her to be reported absent so soon.

If she said bye to AC on the doorstep at 7 you would think she was getting up for work then - it would be some commitment to get out of bed early just to wave your bloke off!

Her romantic life seems very tangled, blurred I think by biased reporting which wants to underline AC as the nice boyfriend and ML as the jealous ex but it seems to make no sense, the Sun says she was with AC for 3.5 years but for more than a year of that she was with ML and we also have some sort of casual relationship with the witness who must have been snapchatting with her right after AC left?

I think something smells about this case. I'm not saying I think Lane didn't do it, I'm just trying to remain objective and see what evidence there is that he did do it. I remember very early reports saying Shana and AC were planning on starting a family, and that stood out to me as being strange being as marriage wasn't mentioned and they weren't living together. Now with all these casual affairs being revealed it seems even more strange.

I wonder about that incident where Shana was taken away by ambulance too.

I think it's all really odd.

I would have thought Shana would have already left for work before 9:15/9:30 for her to be reported absent so soon.

Wonder what time she began work ? Must have been 8am or thereabouts because otherwise doesnt make sense for a company to be raising an alarm for her so soon after 9am.

If ACs sister phoned fire brigade at 9.45 hrs - depending on how far she had to walk or drive to get to Shana's house, we might assume that AC phoned her at about 9.30 hrs ?

Also she was 19, which is very young to start a family, especially when they didn't have a home together or a stable life.

If she said bye to AC on the doorstep at 7 you would think she was getting up for work then - it would be some commitment to get out of bed early just to wave your bloke off!

Her romantic life seems very tangled, blurred I think by biased reporting which wants to underline AC as the nice boyfriend and ML as the jealous ex but it seems to make no sense, the Sun says she was with AC for 3.5 years but for more than a year of that she was with ML and we also have some sort of casual relationship with the witness who must have been snapchatting with her right after AC left?

Agree re the doorstep goodbye. Surely she wouldnt get out of bed just to see him off to work, so makes sense that she was also up and getting ready for work.
But then, why is AC the last person to see her - why don't the other house mates also see her, before they leave for work ?

Wish we had someone in court for this case, the reporting is very jumbled.

I think something smells about this case. I'm not saying I think Lane didn't do it, I'm just trying to remain objective and see what evidence there is that he did do it. I remember very early reports saying Shana and AC were planning on starting a family, and that stood out to me as being strange being as marriage wasn't mentioned and they weren't living together. Now with all these casual affairs being revealed it seems even more strange.

I was actually thinking that SRF might have a case to argue here - but then the trainers evidence seems quite hard to explain away.
If Lane had said he saw something when he went to the house, blood etc, then he might be able to explain how he got blood on his trainers - and panicked and got rid of them.
But he has not mentioned any sign of disturbance, other than seeing Shana at the side of the bed.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/B...906d922d67a!2m2!1d-0.2308956!2d50.8538365!3e0

Route from Shana's house to her place of work - Palmer and Harvey.

I cant find any work hours for them, but to drive there would take her 15 minutes ( 5 - 6 miles )
Taking the bus would take her 40 minutes, plus a walk each way to and from the bus stops, so say 50 minutes total.

Would be useful to know if she had a car or took the bus to work.

If she travelled by bus, then a 9am work start would mean an 8am departure from the house.
But if that is correct, then we come back to it being very strange to report Shana missing when she is only half an hour or so late to work.
But an earlier work start would mean she had to leave the house just after AC did ?

In giving evidence, his friend Natalie Fines said she bumped into him during an evening out with her parents on Saturday, 20 August.

Ms Fines told the court: "He told me she'd dumped him and gone back to her ex. He wasn't very happy about it, he told me he was depressed.

"As we were all leaving and hugging goodbye, he whispered in my ear 'she'll pay for what she's done'."

During cross-examination by Simon Russell Flint QC, defending, she added: "I didn't think that much of it. He'd often say things like that. For example, that he'd kill himself, and do it that night, but he didn't act on it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-39256636

I'm thinking Lane is guilty, but I just hope the evidence is a lot clearer to the jury. Going purely on the court reporting I'm not sure I'd convict (so far).

I think they estimated the trial to last for approx. 4 weeks, so I hope there's some decent forensics etc. to come.

I have family in Lewes but no visits planned soon, sadly. I agree that some clarity is needed! I think it's hard because there's probably still a pretty strong bias against promiscuous women so I think the MSM is trying to play that down but it just makes it all incomprehensible.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/B...906d922d67a!2m2!1d-0.2308956!2d50.8538365!3e0

Route from Shana's house to her place of work - Palmer and Harvey.

I cant find any work hours for them, but to drive there would take her 15 minutes ( 5 - 6 miles )
Taking the bus would take her 40 minutes, plus a walk each way to and from the bus stops, so say 50 minutes total.

Would be useful to know if she had a car or took the bus to work.

If she travelled by bus, then a 9am work start would mean an 8am departure from the house.
But if that is correct, then we come back to it being very strange to report Shana missing when she is only half an hour or so late to work.
But an earlier work start would mean she had to leave the house just after AC did ?

It's not only strange that the alarm was raised by work when it was, considering the time that police were called, but it's strange that Lane would find her at home if he got there at c9:30am.

I think if he's saying he saw her by the bed he'll have to say she'd already been stabbed, otherwise there would be no reason for him to say he'd be a suspect if he phoned for an ambulance. So that would explain blood on his trainers. I'm not sure why there is only one print though.

I think he'll be hard pushed to make a believable defence out of the idea that he popped in, got close enough to get blood all over his shoes, then just ran away. Who is it he is blaming it on?

I think he'll be hard pushed to make a believable defence out of the idea that he popped in, got close enough to get blood all over his shoes, then just ran away. Who is it he is blaming it on?

The thing is he doesn't have to find someone else to blame.

I believe he was arrested the same day, not 100% sure on that, but if he was I think they'd have examined him for petrol traces. Surely.

The thing is he doesn't have to find someone else to blame.

I believe he was arrested the same day, not 100% sure on that, but if he was I think they'd have examined him for petrol traces. Surely.

I looked back, I think SRF hinted that it was AC wot did it, on ML's behalf.

I think that her work raising the alarm may be as simple as one of her friends at work texting AC to ask if she was ill as she wasn't in? It was AC who found her I think? And his ?uncle...don't know quite how he came in though.

ETA, it wasn't an uncle, it was a neighbour of Shana's. I must have invented the uncle. Her housemates do seem to have evaporated on the day of her death!

Just amending my post

It is not Lane giving evidence - it is the police video of him - so a pre trial interview

BBC Sussex‏Verified account @BBCSussex 4h4 hours ago

Shana Grice Murder: Court due to hear police video of the accused today

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste