GUILTY UK - Shanjayan, 5, & Sharani Navaneethan, 4, slain, Carshalton, Surrey, 30 May 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't blame him for slapping the crap out of her though. I don't believe in violence, but I can certainly understand his reaction.:mad:

Yes i can too. but again i have to ask if he was supportive of her? did he try to help her through her depression?

Yes i can too. but again i have to ask if he was supportive of her? did he try to help her through her depression?
True. I guess her family would know the answer to that question. It is all so sad. Who knows? Three kids...in such a short period of time...he might be a "Rusty Yates" type of character. I hope the baby survives. :(

I understand your point of view, but I have to wonder exactly how much he could help if she didn't want help? Just thinking out loud-but if he had tried to take her to the doctor and she refused to talk (thats assuming he could force her to go in the first place) what more could they do? If she had not previously harmed herself or someone else-what could they do?

Apparently Dad didn't do this, mom did. Mom must have been having post-natal checkups, why didn't she tell her doctor about her depression? I think it is unfair to blame the dad when he can not get inside her head to figure out what the h*ll she is thinking. If she didn't tell him and the only signs were some sloppy housework and maybe a bit shorter temper, how would he know?

Dad didn't do it. He's not responsible, at least as far as we know. She did it. She failed to get help for her mental illness.

It can not always be the man's fault. Sometimes it is the woman's fault and we need to acknowledge that and put the blame where it belongs. Yes, apparently she was sick but that doesn't excuse her, if she had the opportunity to seek help and she failed to do so. If we don't hold women responsible for their actions, we will never make a dent in the crimes they commit. We make it to easy for women to blame it on their male counterpart, I think.

If this was the other way around, and dad did these awful acts, would we say "maybe she didn't support him and that's why he did it"? I sincerely doubt it.

Just my two cents,

Salem

I understand your point of view, but I have to wonder exactly how much he could help if she didn't want help? Just thinking out loud-but if he had tried to take her to the doctor and she refused to talk (thats assuming he could force her to go in the first place) what more could they do? If she had not previously harmed herself or someone else-what could they do?

Great minds - Missie. Good to see you travelling around the threads:)

Salem

From What I can gather, dad was working 6am - 11pm 7 days a week, trying to save their business which took a dive after a bypass was built which took away their passing customers. Mum did not speak much English - she had to have an interpreter when she rang the emergency services. It sounds to me as though she was desperate, but didn't have the right support in place to get help.

From the reports she was suffering from undiagnosed post natal depression, loneliness, feeling isolated (part of a Tamil group living in Britain), overworked and her husband was working long hours too. She was being held under the Mental Health act.

There are similarities, debt, she was treated for minor self inflicted injuries, but her husband wasn't at home, isn't suspected and he attacked her in front of police when he was told.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back