Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Astonishing....

Could it be that her sighting was before 3pm ? so the witness believed that her evidence was not relevant/important, because Mrs C has confirmed that she was with Steven at 3pm.

But then again - who knows - most people would report it anyway surely

Just editing my post to add - looking at another msm report it does say in the late afternoon, which to me indicates probably later than 3pm.

'Significant development' in Steven Clark murder probe, say police

I cannot find Marske Square on google maps, so I have used Marske Post Office as a marker as it looks as though that is the central part of the High Street.

So if the witness is walking along the High St towards the *square* and Steven is heading in the direction of the Ship Inn, then Steven must have been walking towards his home.

Map of likely route

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I wonder if he was making his way home and something happened? But like you said, the time would help immensely.

Astonishing....

Could it be that her sighting was before 3pm ? so the witness believed that her evidence was not relevant/important, because Mrs C has confirmed that she was with Steven at 3pm.

But then again - who knows - most people would report it anyway surely

Just editing my post to add - looking at this report from the Gazette, it does say in the late afternoon, which to me indicates probably later than 3pm.

'Significant development' in Steven Clark murder probe, say police

Just guessing at times.

Witness says late afternoon according to report. If Stephen and Doris were heading home from their walk around 3pm and it's almost an hour long walk, they must have left their house around 2pm, probably after having lunch at home.

So if it was late afternoon, it must have been after 3pm the witness saw him and before 3.45 when it got dark. JMO

At first I was confused in my excitement at the update as there is also the Ship Inn located in Saltburn which is close to the pier on front.

However it actually means the Ship Inn in Marske which is located about a 2 to 5 minute walk from the Clark Residence.

Basically now it’s sunk in I can deduce that the witness has provided the police with a time of sighting (which has not been revealed to the public). The significant breakthrough the media are trying to subtly say is that Mrs Clark’s version of events is a lie.

Edit: just like to mention it seems like Mrs Clark has been the one heavily talking through quotes and the media in the paper. I thought Mr Clark would also have been a bit more vocal alongside his wife? :rolleyes:

Double Edit: Following A1085 south on this image would be classed in my mind as Marske high street where you meet the roundabout.

Following A1085 north past the Ship inn pub and opposite bydales is among the stretch of houses which contains the Clark residence.

Attachments

• 3A13CB27-E853-4D0B-8C93-3A1497C81BE8.png
    3A13CB27-E853-4D0B-8C93-3A1497C81BE8.png
    372.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I wonder why the police would have got the date wrong -

"Detective Chief Inspector Shaun Page said: [...]

“I would like to hear from anyone who saw Steven on Christmas bank holiday weekend in 1992, which was Friday 24th December to Monday 27th December. [...]"

https://planetradio.co.uk/tfm/local...lark-case-as-potential-witness-comes-forward/

Is it just a coincidence that his sister also said he went missing on 27th?

Please help find my brother - he went missing on 27th December 1992 and hasn't been seen since. He went for a walk on the beach from Marske-by-Sea to Saltburn (North-East England) and never returned home.

Monday was the 28th.

I wonder why the police would have got the date wrong -

"Detective Chief Inspector Shaun Page said: [...]

“I would like to hear from anyone who saw Steven on Christmas bank holiday weekend in 1992, which was Friday 24th December to Monday 27th December. [...]"

https://planetradio.co.uk/tfm/local...lark-case-as-potential-witness-comes-forward/

Is it just a coincidence that his sister also said he went missing on 27th?

Monday was the 28th.

I wonder if the detective has googled the wrong year.
The year the anonymous letter was sent,1999,Christmas day was on the Saturday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12
Back