Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was wondering about the legal aspects.

Have the parents been named suspects and shouldn't they have a lawyer if their home and garden get demolished (for the lack of a better word)?

Have also been wondering about the police searches two days ago in the woodland. What was that all about?

0_WITH-VIDEOPolice-search-teams-work-their-way-through-undergrowth-next-to-a-path-along-the-rear-of-B.jpg

In the video, officers are hitting the undergrowth with sticks and every now and then they try to hit a hole in the soil. In what way would that be effective when looking for someone who disappeared 28 years ago?? If anything was hidden next to a public footpath, wouldn't it have been found by now? And in winter, when there is much less foliage? And by one of the many dogs for instance who walk there with their owners?

Video here. IMHO, if you do not know what it was about, your best guess would be that they are searching for objects and a person who went recently missing.
Police search woodland and fields in Steven Clark murder investigation

Very unconvincing. :(

I would imagine that they have a lawyer.

I did wonder what the police were looking for in their searches of the woodland and what they hoped to find after 28 years.
Perhaps they thought something had been recently disgarded. They did not search for that long.

What do you mean by very unconvincing?

I would imagine that they have a lawyer.

I did wonder what the police were looking for in their searches of the woodland and what they hoped to find after 28 years.
Perhaps they thought something had been recently disgarded. They did not search for that long.

What do you mean by very unconvincing?

I feel LE has very little to go on and these searches are mainly carried out to impress the parents and lure them into a confession.

There have been no calls to the public in the area if their dogs have picked up something, or their kids did, and that would be the most obvious thing in a stretch of woodland where everybody walks their dog.

They better find Steven, because if they don't, all they have achieved is ruining the life of his elderly parents even further.

All IMOO. I would not want to be the one who gave the green light for this operation.

I'm finding it very strange that they are searching the woodland as well. Do they think something was discarded there recently? Because after all this time, unless they dig and sift the soil, it seems pretty unlikely something is just lying there.

And the parents' garden. Did they not take a look around the house when he went missing?

I'm finding it very strange that they are searching the woodland as well. Do they think something was discarded there recently? Because after all this time, unless they dig and sift the soil, it seems pretty unlikely something is just lying there.

And the parents' garden. Did they not take a look around the house when he went missing?

My guess is they didn’t look too closely

I was watching the live report and expected the search to last at least a day,when suddenly at 1:05pm it stated the search had ended and officers had left the scene.I did wonder if it was because they had found what they were looking, for which leads me to think it could have been something recently discarded.I
But what they were looking for I have no idea.

Another idea is that the couple themselves could have recently been seen searching the same area,which someone found suspicious and reported it to the police.

If there was anything in the house that Stephen was wearing or had in his pockets when he went missing from the toilets it may have been quickly discarded. JMO

In the pictures he is seen wearing a watch,
I can see mum taking something of his and keeping it in a memory box.I think she truly did love him.

Snipped from the mail article.

This morning five police cars and vans, a crime scene investigation vehicle and an incident command unit could be seen parked outside the semi-detached house.

Would there be all these police departments there unless they were pretty sure they would find a body?

In the pictures he is seen wearing a watch,
I can see mum taking something of his and keeping it in a memory box.I think she truly did love him.
I think so too, there was a link posted yesterday in which Mr Clark said she took his disappearance particularly bad and it took her a few years to recover. I’m not even ruling out that it was she who May have written the anonymous letter.
I also note that during her arrest. She said something about ‘dealing with the consequences’ of being arrested which I though was a strange way to phrase something if they had done nothing wrong.
I think there may have been an altercation between Stephen and his father around Xmas, resulting in his death. Perhaps someone had too much to drink.
I think there are only 2 possible scenarios (1) he came to harm before the walk and the walk was a cover up or ( 2) he came to harm in the toilet. I think the second is highly unlikely as the promenade would’ve been very busy that time of year and someone would’ve noticed.
I don’t think he would’ve chosen that moment to leave voluntarily and Permanently either. It just makes no sense!

I think so too, there was a link posted yesterday in which Mr Clark said she took his disappearance particularly bad and it took her a few years to recover. I’m not even ruling out that it was she who May have written the anonymous letter.
I also note that during her arrest. She said something about ‘dealing with the consequences’ of being arrested which I though was a strange way to phrase something if they had done nothing wrong.
I think there may have been an altercation between Stephen and his father around Xmas, resulting in his death. Perhaps someone had too much to drink.
I think there are only 2 possible scenarios (1) he came to harm before the walk and the walk was a cover up or ( 2) he came to harm in the toilet. I think the second is highly unlikely as the promenade would’ve been very busy that time of year and someone would’ve noticed.
I don’t think he would’ve chosen that moment to leave voluntarily and Permanently either. It just makes no sense!

I don't think Mrs C could completely invent the walk/toilet visit. She had to have been there, around that time, on that day. She couldn't risk making it all up, otherwise there could have been witnesses who could state she was not there, or even, the toilets might have been closed on that day.

It might be to shield from neighbours and journos, work privately, if they find anything no pics splashed across the Daily Fail. Although a tent always makes me think they've found something or know something for sure.

I had forgotten about the side path - very handy for the photographers -

I do not think mum wrote the anonymous letter in 1999 .I think if it were her,she would have spelt his name correctly.

I have wondered if she could have sent something recently.She is getting older and maybe she wants Steven to have a proper funeral before they both die.
She might have wanted to confess but he was not happy for her to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back