Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My family & I are managing; Susan is missed every day. My son & I had a dram of Aberfeldy Single Malt in her honor the other evening. I received a nice note from a dear searcher this week. I gave one of Susan's riding jackets to a special friend of Susan's last week. We leave for my niece's high school graduation in Boulder, Colorado tomorrow; life goes on---.

I read on WS every day. I search this thread out from time to time as a sort of peaceful respite from all of the horrors of WS. Here where I read in wonder over HH quest to find a fellow human unknown to her. Then to read about a best friend LJ (that many of us only wish we could have) come on the scene and turn the local search effort on its rear end. Then the very emotional discovery and recovery of the dear woman at the root of it all.

How could I feel uplifted from so much suffering? I believe it was the drive, the Love, the absolute loyalty of those people involved. The astounding friendship most of all!!!!

Anyway. I don't know why I felt compelled to speak here. I will not forget Susan,Hippy, Lumberjil or equivet. Aberfeldy has squirreled it's way into my brain the way Tolkiens Shire has. Green, magical and fixed in time.
Peace.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gosh, doesn't Betsey look like Susan!

Hippy Hippy have you had the opportunity to meet her, I'm sure she'd love to thank you personally. Lumberjill, you made the papers again, have you heard anything back from Police Scotland?

The response is further up this thread .... post no. 817

"ninij9

I read on WS every day. I search this thread out from time to time as a sort of peaceful respite from all of the horrors of WS. Here where I read in wonder over HH quest to find a fellow human unknown to her. Then to read about a best friend LJ (that many of us only wish we could have) come on the scene and turn the local search effort on its rear end. Then the very emotional discovery and recovery of the dear woman at the root of it all.

How could I feel uplifted from so much suffering? I believe it was the drive, the Love, the absolute loyalty of those people involved. The astounding friendship most of all!!!!

Anyway. I don't know why I felt compelled to speak here. I will not forget Susan,Hippy, Lumberjil or equivet. Aberfeldy has squirreled it's way into my brain the way Tolkiens Shire has. Green, magical and fixed in time.
Peace."

You have said exactly what I feel. Thank you!

Personally, I think this is the "nicest" thread I have been involved in here. It's not often members are able to physically help resolve a case, and HH/LJ went above and beyond in the quest to find Susan. No amount of pressing the thanks button could ever thank them enough.

:gthanks:

It was a year ago that our search team found Susan's remains. The amazing support of WebSleuth friends helped with the search teams, and most especially with my adjustment over this past year. There were some hard times, but I was able to lean on several WS friends. You understood the situation and your kindness is immeasurable. XOXO! hippy hippy, you get an extra XOXO.

Lumberjill

Someone on another thread suggested this one to read if we needed to "regain faith in humanity."

I started writing a very long comment, but decided to just nix it all.
These 56 pages of posts by people I will never meet, about a lady I never met, are the saddest, yet most uplifting ones I have ever seen on an online message board.
Thank you, HH and Lorna, for not only having done everything and more to find Susan, but also for taking us, strangers, on this journey with you. It was heartbreakingly beautiful.
Thank you.

My deepest condolences to Susan's family. May she rest in heaven.

:heartbeat:

Thinking of you all here on Susan's thread. Sometimes we just need a reminder of what wonderful people are out there. Xo

Just popping in to say I hope everyone is doing well. Whenever I'm at work and someone talks about Abernathy scotch, my mind travels to Susan and the time spent on here trying to find any clue as to where she went or what happened to her. Lorna and Hippy, I hope y'all are doing okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just popping in to say I hope everyone is doing well. Whenever I'm at work and someone talks about Abernathy scotch, my mind travels to Susan and the time spent on here trying to find any clue as to where she went or what happened to her. Lorna and Hippy, I hope y'all are doing okay!

I didn't realise the date I can't believe it's over two years already I have not forgotten Susan.

Haha meant aberfeldy.. Siri hates me.

Came across a link to this thread.
A beautiful , uplifting , and faith restoring thread which left me in tears at places . I'm glad this lovely lady was found and reunited with her nearest and dearest .
Hugs and love to all involved especially those forever linked by Susan's final walk .
Best wishes from Scotland

I lay in bed meaning to scan through this thread because I heard about it on another one. I couldn’t stop reading the whole thing. A sad ending yes, but at least Susan was found and treated with dignity and love. With so much bad going on in the world right now, it makes me feel hope for humanity that there are still people like you all out there. Much love to all of you who were involved in this.

Some nights I’m glad I have insomnia, this is one of, if not the most, uplifting threads I’ve ever read. The sense of community from Hippy Hippy makes me so glad I moved to this part of Scotland. Rest in Peace Susan
I'm so glad that this story is still being read and that it continues to reaffirm and reassure the Websleuthers that human compassion, endeavour, and cooperation far outweigh the darker side that many of the threads in these forums reveal. We stay positive when we stay united.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creole Lady
Back