Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can anyone tell me the time difference between this area in Scotland and Eastern Time Zone? Or at least what time zone it is?

If contacting labs, I don't want it to be the middle of the night.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Right now in Scotland it is 6.43pm. I'd guess most of these labs are contactable 9-5 monday to friday.

Right now in Scotland it is 6.42pm. I'd guess most of these labs are contactable 9-5 monday to friday.
Thank you. It's 1:53 here so you are 6 hours ahead of EST

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

No need for us to find DNA labs. After my meeting with police today, we will not need to do that. Same with lip balm. Read between the lines.
sarx, the McLeans had just arrived in Aberfeldy the Friday before the Sunday vanishing. I'm quite sure that that she had no prior familiarity with trails. I really doubt that she had any trail maps with her; they tend to drive to sights on vacations, not hike. Yes, Susan walked the week earlier at Oban, and now in Aberfeldy. However, those were spur of the moment.
We've ruled out the chance of her catching the summer circuit bus "Ring of Breadalbane" that goes along Crieff Road. While the timing is close, with a pickup in Aberfeldy at 8:24 and another south along Crieff Rd at Griffin Forest at 20:36, all drivers say "no pick ups there/then" to the police. It's looking like the bus had gone by before Susan left Moness.
Regarding the 3 backpackers, no, there was no immediate connect from the helicopter crew to ground police to go talk to them. Now the word is that if the hikers have seen or heard about the missing American they would notify the police. Sure isn't a high index of suspicion in this country.
Has anybody talked about the non-sighting? After the first two sightings (lower Crieff, just up from Moness; and at Gatehouse) at about 7:47 and 8:00, there is a reliable report that Susan was NOT seen on Crieff Road by a driver who passed that stretch of road at 8:20. So we've narrowed her disappearance from Crieff Rd to the time between 8 and 8:20pm. Tomorrow I will walk from Gatehouse to see how far I can go in 20 minutes, as well as IF there is an easy entrance into Griffin Forest on the east (left) side of Crieff Rd.

Media Reporting an Argument Preceded Susan's Disappearance

Day 68

Thu., July 23rd: WHTM-TV :

http://abc27.com/2015/07/23/cumberl...ith-wife-before-she-went-missing-in-scotland/:

Wed., July 22nd: DC Thomson & Co. Ltd© :

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...-mclean-stormed-off-after-family-row-1.891161:

Includes Related Stories

Wed., July 22nd: Associated Newspapers Ltd© :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...land-nine-weeks-ago-reveals-walked-rowed.html

Our Thanks to Susan's On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.

Are we thinking the blood/lip balm are falsehoods or something else? Sorry if I have got it wrong!

I'm not great at reading between the lines, either, as there may be several answers. I guess if we wait, we'll find out. Thank God there are some wonderful people working on this in Scotland.

I'm not great at reading between the lines, either, as there may be several answers. I guess if we wait, we'll find out. Thank God there are some wonderful people working on this in Scotland.

Hi All
Two CID (criminal investigation department) policemen came to my house this evening, unmarked car, and took another statement from me re the dog, met the dog and I showed them where on her head and forelegs the blood was. I have them the collar and the blanket, signed for everything and gave them a couple of swabs from my mouth for my own DNA (because I have handled the blanket and collar). They assured me today was the first of their hearing this story and that had they known nine weeks ago,they would have taken samples from the dog to be tested immediately. They seemed very disappointed with this whole situation. THEy will test first for human/animal results, then proceed from there if necessary.

hippy hippy---Thanks for the update to clear things up. There were a few things I told the police I would not disclose. Now nobody needs to read between my lines. I don't like oblique statements because they foster misunderstandings but I didn't want anymore time spent looking for the right lab. hh--you are truly a wonder! It seems like there was a big gap between the cops on the ground initially who thought a wandering woman would be easily found, and the CID pros. The lip balm and bloody dog face fell into that gap. Sorting this out and getting prompt CID pickup...A good day.

No need for us to find DNA labs. After my meeting with police today, we will not need to do that. Same with lip balm. Read between the lines.
sarx, the McLeans had just arrived in Aberfeldy the Friday before the Sunday vanishing. I'm quite sure that that she had no prior familiarity with trails. I really doubt that she had any trail maps with her; they tend to drive to sights on vacations, not hike. Yes, Susan walked the week earlier at Oban, and now in Aberfeldy. However, those were spur of the moment.
We've ruled out the chance of her catching the summer circuit bus "Ring of Breadalbane" that goes along Crieff Road. While the timing is close, with a pickup in Aberfeldy at 8:24 and another south along Crieff Rd at Griffin Forest at 20:36, all drivers say "no pick ups there/then" to the police. It's looking like the bus had gone by before Susan left Moness.
Regarding the 3 backpackers, no, there was no immediate connect from the helicopter crew to ground police to go talk to them. Now the word is that if the hikers have seen or heard about the missing American they would notify the police. Sure isn't a high index of suspicion in this country.
Has anybody talked about the non-sighting? After the first two sightings (lower Crieff, just up from Moness; and at Gatehouse) at about 7:47 and 8:00, there is a reliable report that Susan was NOT seen on Crieff Road by a driver who passed that stretch of road at 8:20. So we've narrowed her disappearance from Crieff Rd to the time between 8 and 8:20pm. Tomorrow I will walk from Gatehouse to see how far I can go in 20 minutes, as well as IF there is an easy entrance into Griffin Forest on the east (left) side of Crieff Rd.

BBM

Bolded text #1:
I'll say. Those campers could be from anywhere and long gone by now and never heard a thing about this versus having been locals to the area.

Bolded text #2: Great to have narrowed the Crieff Road timeline down a bit more...or at least narrowed down presumably. She very well could have continued on Crieff Road and not gone onto the Loch Hoil trail, and seeing if there is a possibility she went eastbound off of Crieff into another trail area is a great idea to consider. It seems to make more sense for her to have seen that Loch Hoil trailhead with map of the trail right after Gatehouse and be curious to walk along there a bit vs. continue down the road, but all things need to be considered of course!

Also, I am happy to hear that the items are going to be tested! This is excellent news. Even if they come up negative for human blood or her DNA, it can rule things out at least.

Hippy hippy and Lumberjill- thank you so much for all you are doing. I hope if something ever happened to me, I would be lucky enough to have people in my life like you. Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way! Stay safe!

Sending prayers for a break in Susan's case from across the pond.
Major insomnia has gotten the best of me (again)
Going to try to get a few hours of sleep.
:crossfingers: that there will be a positive update the next time I check in here.
:gthanks: to hippy hippy and Lumberjill for everything!
:bow:

:praying:
:candle:
#BringSusanHome

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members