Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The problem has been the centralising of the police from regional to one police force. It has had no end of trouble!

The problem has been the centralising of the police from regional to one police force. It has had no end of trouble!

I agree with you it was all done to save money and look at the consequences. My local police station is shut a lot of the time and you rarely see street patrols anymore. I wonder if the crime rates have gone up.

Thanks for the updates about the search for Susan although we can't all go and search with you we are there in spirit.

Yes...very understandable Lumberjill to wait till the prelim test results are known. We want all of you to be as safe as possible!

You know, looking at that Loch Hoil trail on google earth, it is somewhat difficult to really see how treacherous some sections of the trail and area really are, and you cannot tell where the inclines or steep hills are etc. I am familiar with such terrain however, and I do quite a bit of trail walking with my dog, so I can only imagine - especially in rain and inclement weather - how one must take great care to tread carefully.

CID change of plans: The blanket with blood from the dog's head/paws will go to directly to full DNA analysis. It was felt that doing a genus test to determine human or not would delay the ultimate results, which are expected by the end of the week.

Thank you once again for your work and keeping us informed with all your updates. I am sure I speak for many, this is going to be a long week. Be careful, stay strong.

So pleased things are finally ramping up, hopefully it will all lead to some answers.

Staggering really that the police didn't jump on Hippy's evidence 10 weeks ago :(

DAILY MAIL:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-tourist-took-weeks-investigate-blood.html

Police hunting for missing tourist took 10 weeks to respond to a report of fresh blood near the area where she disappeared

Susan McLean, 61, last seen outside grounds of Moness resort, Perthshire
Husband Donald said they had 'disagreement' after returning from the pub
Resident told police her dog returned home with fresh blood on her collar
Police didn't respond and have only just sent items away for DNA testing

BBM

The police did do something - they searched. However they screwed up by not testing the blood on Happy Hippy's dog

The police did do something - they searched. However they screwed up by not testing the blood on Happy Hippy's dog

You're right, and they searched very methodically for her too. They are limited to what they can do and where else to search when there are no further sightings of this lady. I have every respect for the police, they had every resource, helicopters, K9's, line searches over several days, looking for Susan. Sadly they never found her but they did try, very well.
It's not the polices fault that sadly Susan hasn't as yet been found. The area is huge. Still living in hope that she will be found eventually.

You're right, and they searched very methodically for her too. They are limited to what they can do and where else to search when there are no further sightings of this lady. I have every respect for the police, they had every resource, helicopters, K9's, line searches over several days, looking for Susan. Sadly they never found her but they did try, very well.
It's not the polices fault that sadly Susan hasn't as yet been found. The area is huge. Still living in hope that she will be found eventually.

I meant in respect of HH's information. They searched the area she directed them to. They are completely to blame for not testing the blood ten weeks ago though. Hopefully we will get answers soon.

I meant in respect of HH's information. They searched the area she directed them to. They are completely to blame for not testing the blood ten weeks ago though. Hopefully we will get answers soon.

Actually I should have said that I was jumping off your post. My post was initially in response to the posts pointing to the police 'blunders'.
Obviously the police at the time made the decision this was probably animal blood which no doubt would be typical of where it was found. But, possibly it could be more.

CID change of plans: The blanket with blood from the dog's head/paws will go to directly to full DNA analysis. It was felt that doing a genus test to determine human or not would delay the ultimate results, which are expected by the end of the week.

Which kinda sounds like they already know if it is human or animal blood, to me. Hence the full testing.

Prayers for a speedy resolution, and answers for Susan's family and friends.

Which kinda sounds like they already know if it is human or animal blood, to me. Hence the full testing.

Prayers for a speedy resolution, and answers for Susan's family and friends.

How? Do you think they can tell by just looking?
The only option for the lip balm is a full DNA, it makes sense to do the same on the blanket at the same time.
Hopeful for a speedy outcome.

Police investigate new clues following disappearance of U.S. tourist from luxury Scottish resort
2AE72B7600000578-0-image-a-16_1438077710210.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-tourist-took-weeks-investigate-blood.html

ahhhh the Daily Mail, we love it here in the UK, it makes good loo roll (along with the "red top" papers). I would take anything they write (and I mean "write" in the loosest sense of the word) with a bucket of salt oh & ignore the ignoramus readership too!

Still crossing my fingers for Jill & HH to have success in this case! :grouphug:

It sounds, by the comments at the bottom of the latest Daily Mail article, like the citizens of Scotland are not very happy with the police. And maybe with good right!

ahhhh the Daily Mail, we love it here in the UK, it makes good loo roll (along with the "red top" papers). I would take anything they write (and I mean "write" in the loosest sense of the word) with a bucket of salt oh & ignore the ignoramus readership too!

Still crossing my fingers for Jill & HH to have success in this case! :grouphug:

BBM

IMHO what the Daily Mail writes does not greatly differ from what hippy hippy, Lumberjill and Equivet have told us here.

BBM

IMHO what the Daily Mail writes does not greatly differ from what hippy hippy, Lumberjill and Equivet have told us here.

No it's not greatly different, but the bit that sticks out to me is this (though it's a police statement, not a DM one):

"'We received a report about potential blood staining on a dog collar and blanket on July 23 and as this was not disclosed in the report received on May 20, officers again responded immediately, seized the items and submitted them for forensic examination"

I'd have to check the post but I'm pretty sure HH asked if they wanted to take blood samples when she first reported it in May and was told "nah, we'll ring if we need you".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back