UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. Well, the 80s London property boom was ideal for money laundering - we know that plenty of the Brinks Mat cash went into it. Maybe the mystery Bristol businessman was actually John Palmer?

Palmer was arrested on his return to the UK on 2nd July 1986 from Spain via Brazil - I’m struggling to find out if he was held on remand between then and his trial in 1987 (I would have thought so, given the potential flight risk), but he would still have been sporting a decent tan at the end of July and from everything I’ve read exactly the sort of man to whom SL would likely have been attracted.

View attachment 414036View attachment 414037

As it goes, Palmer was held on remand from the time of his arrest to his trial in 1987, so can be excluded (from 3:40 in this BBC podcast):

Noye and Chappell were convicted of handling the week before SL’s disappearance, so can likewise be eliminated in terms of any direct involvement. That said, the point about criminal money laundering through the London property market stands, though I’m not sure whether someone at SL’s level of the business would be involved to such a degree that it might result in their disappearance or suspicious death.

I know we think differently on the HR's sighting WL:)
Personally I havent found anything as yet that leads me to think its suspicious.
The possible reason that some witness sightings appear 2 weeks later could be due to when police appeals were made or the police had them earlier and made a choice at what stage they would release them.
A lot of care appears to have gone into compiling the photofits 1 & 2 its only my opinion but I think they will prove be very close to the people police seek.
The discription of the a male with jowel face, a broken nose like an east end or rugby player, a suntanned man, these are things I wouldnt dismiss police must have thought these to be important.
I have given some serious thought To HR's positive id of the International Belguim Diamond dealer who had links to the abandoned BMW which looked so promising but after questioning by UK police he was cleared of any involvement.

There are many threads that run through this case and at times we find ourselves in a either or situation when things dont fit the given timeline but moving further away from what was known 'at the time' in my opinion could prove to be a mistake.

these are just my opinions
Hello

I do wonder whether other explanations for the seat of the car being so far back have been explored? As a female driver it is not uncommon, having parked, to shove my seat back to change shoes, do my shoes up etc. I don't think it has ever been mentioned that SL took another pair of (maybe) smarter shoes with her for the appointment, but she may have needed to fiddle with the ones she was wearing etc.

As with about 99% of this case, this is just another piece of conjecture, I appreciate!!!

It's a great point though. If doing this, what would you do with the pair you'd changed out of?
I'm messy so would just chuck them in the boot!

But, on a more sensible note, if the hypothetical casual / flat pair wasn't left in the car (as SL had worn the hypothetical smarter / heeled pair to the appointment) then it probably means she didn't change her shoes, but could have had to do something with the ones she was wearing. I guess my point is that the car seat being pushed right back in my car would mean this rather than someone 6ft 5-ish having driven it...

Did the police check the radio in the car? The abductor may have changed stations to calm his nerves while he drove around Fulham.

I also think there are many reasons why the car seat could have been pushed back and since most of them are far too gruesome and demonic to detail, I won't.

What is very clear in all this is that the car was the single only piece of tangible evidence that existed in this case and it is quite beyond my personal comprehension how no-one saw fit to preserve it for future evidence taking. That, in and of itself, is utterly bizarre. As to the fact it was owned by the estate agents and they needed to use it, that's a garbage explanation in my opinion.

DVLA shows it as

B396 GAN​

✗ Untaxed​

Tax due:
1 August 1990

Vehicle Details​

Vehicle make FORD
Date of first registration October 1984
Year of manufacture 1984
Cylinder capacity 1117 cc
CO₂ emissions Not available
Fuel type PETROL
Euro status Not available
Real Driving Emissions (RDE)Not available
Export marker No
Vehicle status Untaxed
Vehicle colour WHITE
Vehicle type approval Not available
Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight Not available
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 4 December 1989

...so it appears the car was permanently disposed of at the end of '89 and was not taxed after that. This looks very much like the car was sold to a scrappy when they decided to close the inquiry.

I guess her killer met SL in the Charing Cross Hospital car park , drove her car around for a while before returning to the area later imo

Or as there may have been a Pink Floyd link, perhaps she met her killer at Battersea Power Station?! :)

Speaking of the bizarre, for some reason and right from the start, this case has attracted cranks, sorry mediums who have professed to know what happened that Monday. The likes of Doris Stokes, etc.

It got to the stage that police began to listen to these people who pinpointed the location of Suzy's body etc ...

Oddly, even to this day we have the likes of ....

She was about 15 years too old for Savile's tastes surely.

Hard to say as he was an equal opportunities predator and didn't even care if you were elderly or dead. However, he did target the most vulnerable who were often incapable of defending themselves and SJL doesn't seem like his preferred prey.

Hard to say as he was an equal opportunities predator and didn't even care if you were elderly or dead. However, he did target the most vulnerable who were often incapable of defending themselves and SJL doesn't seem like his preferred prey.
Yes, I despicable character all told, I say a transcript of “Have I Got News For You” with Jim & Paul Merton.
Paul clearly knew all about him, pull no punches, I honestly don’t know how they managed to get enough clean material to get the show out.
That was long before he died, if Paul knew, why wasn’t he prosecuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState