UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No but with the family at this stage there should be some honesty on why they believe it’s JC.

I can only go on what my perspective is but I wouldn’t be happy if I had a family member murdered and the police don’t provide any kind of evidence to suggest why they are so adamant it’s this person.

Why is there no transparency it’s almost corrupt in a way and shows the failings of LE that they can say it’s “so and so” but we don’t have to provide evidence to show why we believe this.
I think the perceived lack of transparency stems from if evidence emerged of another suspect then any release of evidence could well compromise that, I could be wrong of course.

It feels like the focus on JC was at least substantially due to DL pushing that narrative. The family may not want to admit DL's belief was wrong, and LE don't appear to have any more useful evidence of what happened or who did it than they had 38 years ago.

RL said that now as he is getting older he thinks more about SJL than he did back in 1986.
This may sound odd, but I can assure you it’s not. I lost my brother many years ago, he was just 20 years old. The more years that pass, the more he comes into my thoughts.
In RL’s case, he’d like closure and although the Met have closed it saying it was JC, RL can’t really believe them.
AFAIK he suggested the Met investigate Steve Wright, on this basis RL doesn’t 100% believe what the police are saying.

RL said that now as he is getting older he thinks more about SJL than he did back in 1986.
This may sound odd, but I can assure you it’s not. I lost my brother many years ago, he was just 20 years old. The more years that pass, the more he comes into my thoughts.
In RL’s case, he’d like closure and although the Met have closed it saying it was JC, RL can’t really believe them.
AFAIK he suggested the Met investigate Steve Wright, on this basis RL doesn’t 100% believe what the police are saying.

It must be torture to not know what happened after so many years. Especially when LE won’t explain why they believe it’s JC.

It must be torture to not know what happened after so many years. Especially when LE won’t explain why they believe it’s JC.
LE seem to get people like Professor David Wilson to agree with the JC did it line. In the TV doc “In the footsteps of Killers” this is what happened.
There were other options to explore such as DV’s theory or RL’s Steve Wright, neither were looked at.
I find this a bit disappointing.

LE seem to get people like Professor David Wilson to agree with the JC did it line. In the TV doc “In the footsteps of Killers” this is what happened.
There were other options to explore such as DV’s theory or RL’s Steve Wright, neither were looked at.
I find that Wilson follows the official line in all of his docus.

I find that Wilson follows the official line in all of his docus.
I suspect that if you approached the police saying you were making a TV documentary that was going to challenge the Cannan theory, and could you do some talking head interviews, two things would happen. One, all co-operation would be denied, and two, they'd start digging up a Cannan-related field somewhere and get that into the press.

As far as I know there has never been a TV programme on this that did not focus on Cannan, ever.

I suspect that if you approached the police saying you were making a TV documentary that was going to challenge the Cannan theory, and could you do some talking head interviews, two things would happen. One, all co-operation would be denied, and two, they'd start digging up a Cannan-related field somewhere and get that into the press.

As far as I know there has never been a TV programme on this that did not focus on Cannan, ever.
Isn’t it about time one of the TV companies broke rank and made a documentary that challenged the “JC did it” line.

wilson is not as smart as he thinks. he does not think outside the box. he just goes along with the JC did it narrative.

Isn’t it about time one of the TV companies broke rank and made a documentary that challenged the “JC did it” line.
a new documentary that challenged the JC did it narrative would be a great idea. go back to basics. fresh set of eyes looking at the case using occams razor as a way of thinking, not the BS conspiracy way of thinking.

Yeah, I'd love a documentary where they just cite the known (or at least the believed) facts without necessarily trying to reach any sort of conclusion. Kind of a more in-depth (and accurate) updated version of the original Crimewatch appeal. New interviews with the original witnesses, etc.

Yeah, I'd love a documentary where they just cite the known (or at least the believed) facts without necessarily trying to reach any sort of conclusion. Kind of a more in-depth (and accurate) updated version of the original Crimewatch appeal. New interviews with the original witnesses, etc.
on the crimewatch episode from oct 86. detectice nick carter, SIO, in charge of the investigation tells us that SL took the keys to 37 shorrolds rd. the keys were attached to a large yellow sturgis keyfob with is very unique looking, and i wonder has DV seen this episode, if so how can he say SL never took the keys.

on the crimewatch episode from oct 86. detectice nick carter, SIO, in charge of the investigation tells us that SL took the keys to 37 shorrolds rd. the keys were attached to a large yellow sturgis keyfob with is very unique looking, and i wonder has DV seen this episode, if so how can he say SL never took the keys.
There’s always the possibility that everyone in the Sturgis office assumes that SJL took the keys. By default they would have that large distinctive yellow key fob.
By the time they realised (if they ever did) that she didn’t take the keys they were to far down that road to change it.

the crimewatch episode starts off at SL flat in putney, and the man in the reconstruction is the real nick bryant who lived with SL. not an actor. we get to see the inside of SL flat which is interesting to me.

It feels like the focus on JC was at least substantially due to DL pushing that narrative. The family may not want to admit DL's belief was wrong, and LE don't appear to have any more useful evidence of what happened or who did it than they had 38 years ago.
people think JC is responsible because of the SLP letters on SB car. i was convinced it was JC, but the more i began to study the case, the more doubts crept in. JC was never seen with SL, and how would he find the time to stalk her when he was working at the prop hire company during the day, then locked up back in the scrubs by night. he was released 3 days before she went missing, and planning a snatch in 3 days would not be easy.

I understand the thought process, however, it’s never been confirmed that SJL didn’t put the fake entry in her desk diary herself.
To confirm she didn’t you need the hand writing to be compared with a known sample of her writing.
This measure would answer the question and then you’d know if it was someone else.
It’s also possible that Suzy asked a colleague to put that Kipper appointment in for her as she left. Again, no one has ever said they did this AFAIK.
you can tell SL put the appointment in her diary. look at the others listed in her diary, and you can tell its the same handwriting.

The only way JC could have approached SJL is if, in the pre-release hostel, he had been able to flout the curfew. Whether this was so is going to be hard to establish either then or now, because nobody's going to disclose that. The guards look incompetent and the lags would lose their racket.

If he was able to do that, then the money he had inherited would have funded a certain superficially prosperous appearance. The issue is that according to the CPS there is no evidence they ever met. Given this then you have to ask why this has to have been JC and why it couldn't have been someone else who was similar.

JC is a possibility, I just don't see what evidence there is to make him a *stronger* possibility than any number of other people. LE always know more than they tell us, but they'd need to show much stronger evidence before I'd be convinced.

JC is a possibility, I just don't see what evidence there is to make him a *stronger* possibility than any number of other people. LE always know more than they tell us, but they'd need to show much stronger evidence before I'd be convinced.
Whatever LE have it’s not enough for the CPS to sanction a prosecution.
What doesn’t help LE is the amount of media coverage JC got after the Shirley Banks murder.
This would almost certainly have made a fair trial impossible, this media condemnation has made JC an easy one to blame, leaving (possibly) the real killer free for the last 30 plus years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back