UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not that I've ever heard of. The police had already announced JC did it nearly 10 years before SW was convicted of anything. We know how receptive they are to suggestions this might have been someone else (which is not at all), so at that point, they'd have no interest. They'd have to interrogate him on what he'd been doing 20 years earlier, and he'd obviously just say he couldn't remember, so the excuses not to bother write themselves.

Which is quite odd, because the circumstantial case against both is basically the same - they are men who killed later and who were in the rough area. Nothing has been stood up to suggest that JC knew SJL, but the chances that SW knew SJL must be quite high because both were crew aboard the QE2 at the same time. How well everyone knew everyone else is unclear. To be fair, it would be unclear that SJL and SW definitely knew each other if the only source for this were DL's claims after SW was convicted, but it isn't. Working on the same ship it's at least a possibility.

Not that I've ever heard of. The police had already announced JC did it nearly 10 years before SW was convicted of anything. We know how receptive they are to suggestions this might have been someone else (which is not at all), so at that point, they'd have no interest. They'd have to interrogate him on what he'd been doing 20 years earlier, and he'd obviously just say he couldn't remember, so the excuses not to bother write themselves.

Which is quite odd, because the circumstantial case against both is basically the same - they are men who killed later and who were in the rough area. Nothing has been stood up to suggest that JC knew SJL, but the chances that SW knew SJL must be quite high because both were crew aboard the QE2 at the same time. How well everyone knew everyone else is unclear. To be fair, it would be unclear that SJL and SW definitely knew each other if the only source for this were DL's claims after SW was convicted, but it isn't. Working on the same ship it's at least a possibility.
Thanks they seem to be going back in time with charges so who knows, it's been said earlier what are the chances of knowing two killers, JC,SW.

Thanks they seem to be going back in time with charges so who knows, it's been said earlier what are the chances of knowing two killers, JC,SW.
They both have similar MO’s regarding how they discard their victims. SW would possibly have been at the beginning of his murderous career.
For that matter so was JC, SW wins this one on points as there is an actual link between him and SJL.

The evidence pointing to anyone is tenuous at best, but between SW and JC I would personally think SW is more likely. And I suspect he'd have been high up on DL's list if only she or the police had known what he would do 20 years later.

I absolutely DO NOT believe his murders in the 2000s were his first. No way.

I'd be very curious to know *exactly* what Suzy's diary said about him. Was he another of Suzy's lovers?

The evidence pointing to anyone is tenuous at best, but between SW and JC I would personally think SW is more likely. And I suspect he'd have been high up on DL's list if only she or the police had known what he would do 20 years later.

I'd be very curious to know *exactly* what Suzy's diary said about him. Was he another of Suzy's lovers?
Isn’t it a distinct possibility that all these years later the diary contains Suzy’s killer.

However, having named JC so publicly the police just can’t admit it and thats the reason it’s being kept out of the public domain.

DV didn’t get access to it (according to his
book) and was taunted by the police about this fact.

If you believe what’s been printed in The Standard regarding another suspect, there’s more evidence against him than JC.
The article says that Diane Lamplugh confirmed that Steve Wright was on shore leave when Suzy disappeared and that this fact was in Suzy’s personal diary.
This diary had never been in the public domain, so this quote can’t be confirmed. Interestingly, Suzy’s brother Richard did ask that Steve Wright be investigated.
IMO there’s just as much (if not more) of a case for Steve Wright being the Prime Suspect as JC.

SW partner said he never mentioned suzy lamplugh after she went missing. this does seem strange if he knew her.

I've been looking at pictures of SW when he was young. I can't say he looks much like any of the varying descriptions of the man Suzy was supposedly seen with... except that he does look like his nose might have been broken at some point in his youth, and that was one of the things mentioned by some witnesses.

I've been looking at pictures of SW when he was young. I can't say he looks much like any of the varying descriptions of the man Suzy was supposedly seen with... except that he does look like his nose might have been broken at some point in his youth, and that was one of the things mentioned by some witnesses.

Does SW confess or speak as to any of his crimes? Has he ever been questioned re SJL?

I see he has recently been in court suspected of the murder of a young woman in 1999 and there's another case of attempted kidnap detectives are connecting him to:

same here. i would love to know what she said about SW in her diary, but coming from DL makes me have serious doubts as she does tell tales.

DL voiced several barmy theories including that SJL had been eliminated by Mossad, IIRC, so if she's the only source it's possible it's fantasy. It is odd though that the plod have so little to say about what was in the diary. It can't have contained Mr Kipper's phone number because by their reckoning Mr Kipper didn't have one, being a lag. It would be interesting if it did contain SW's number while not containing any reference to any number JC might have used. If that were so it'll never see the light of day.

DL voiced several barmy theories including that SJL had been eliminated by Mossad, IIRC, so if she's the only source it's possible it's fantasy. It is odd though that the plod have so little to say about what was in the diary. It can't have contained Mr Kipper's phone number because by their reckoning Mr Kipper didn't have one, being a lag. It would be interesting if it did contain SW's number while not containing any reference to any number JC might have used. If that were so it'll never see the light of day.
On the basis that SJL was killed by someone close and within her circle, then Mr Kipper will be in the diary.
The police just didn’t see him there back in 86, and they don’t want some armchair detective (as they call them) looking and pointing him out.

I also can't think of another UK case (in this era) where the victim's family has so much influence within the investigation.

I'm not someone who wants to bash the police, but the SJL investigation was slow from the start, and never picked up.

I also can't think of another UK case (in this era) where the victim's family has so much influence within the investigation.

I'm not someone who wants to bash the police, but the SJL investigation was slow from the start, and never picked up.

Well I can think of one very high profile case of a missing child that would go way over and beyond this one in terms of the parents controlling the narrative and investigation... :/

It’s a shame that the living relatives won’t push for transparency on what LE have on JC.

If anybody is going to put pressure on LE it’s gonna be the living relatives. Maybe for them it’s just easier to accept JC is their man and they can get on with their life’s after such a awful experience.

Moo

It’s a shame that the living relatives won’t push for transparency on what LE have on JC.

If anybody is going to put pressure on LE it’s gonna be the living relatives. Maybe for them it’s just easier to accept JC is their man and they can get on with their life’s after such a awful experience.

Moo
It’s never really closed while there’s any possible doubt. If the police had enough evidence against JC they would have charged him.
Clearly they don’t, CPS weren’t convinced and they’re the ones that need to rubber stamp a prosecution.
The family will always wonder if the police actually got things right with JC as long as there’s no body to allow them to have closure.

It’s never really closed while there’s any possible doubt. If the police had enough evidence against JC they would have charged him.
Clearly they don’t, CPS weren’t convinced and they’re the ones that need to rubber stamp a prosecution.
The family will always wonder if the police actually got things right with JC as long as there’s no body to allow them to have closure.

No but with the family at this stage there should be some honesty on why they believe it’s JC.

I can only go on what my perspective is but I wouldn’t be happy if I had a family member murdered and the police don’t provide any kind of evidence to suggest why they are so adamant it’s this person.

Why is there no transparency it’s almost corrupt in a way and shows the failings of LE that they can say it’s “so and so” but we don’t have to provide evidence to show why we believe this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back