GUILTY UK - Terri Harris 35, Lacey Bennett 11, John Paul Bennett 13, Connie Gent 11, Killamarsh 18 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The boyfriend of a mother found dead alongside her two children and one of their best friends after a sleepover has been further charged with raping a girl under 13.

Damien Bendall, 31, is now alleged to have raped and murdered 11-year-old Lacey Bennett, as well as being accused of killing her brother John Paul Bennett, 13, their mother Terri Harris, 35, and Lacey's friend Connie Gent, 11.

In a statement, the CPS said: 'The Crown Prosecution Service has authorised a further charge for Damien Bendall, 31, after reviewing a file of evidence from Derbyshire Police. He has now been charged with rape of a girl under 13.

Man is charged with raping and murdering 11-year-old girl | Daily Mail Online

The boyfriend of a mother found dead alongside her two children and one of their best friends after a sleepover has been further charged with raping a girl under 13.

Damien Bendall, 31, is now alleged to have raped and murdered 11-year-old Lacey Bennett, as well as being accused of killing her brother John Paul Bennett, 13, their mother Terri Harris, 35, and Lacey's friend Connie Gent, 11.

In a statement, the CPS said: 'The Crown Prosecution Service has authorised a further charge for Damien Bendall, 31, after reviewing a file of evidence from Derbyshire Police. He has now been charged with rape of a girl under 13.

I had a feeling something like this might be involved too. Sickening.

Throw away the key.

You would think nothing could add to the pain of JPB and LB's dad but this surely does. Wicked and evil.

Absolutely awful.

I wonder if he was disturbed by another member of the household whilst he was abusing LB which was what triggered the attack

I originally wondered if the friend who was sleeping over saw something she shouldn't (or was sexually assaulted by him) and that's why he killed her too. So with what we know now I wouldn't be surprised if she witnessed this rape.

It's cases like this that make me wish we still had the death penalty in England, that disgusting doesn't deserve to breathe the same air that we do.
I can't imagine the absolute horror that occurred that night, this bloke is the devil incarnate :mad:

We have to be careful, with an upcoming trial, but if found guilty, I think he’ll get a full life term. He’s only 31. That’s thousands of days in a sex offenders wing, with no hope of release. It won’t come close to what this monster did. This is as bad as it gets crime wise. He’s evil personified.

10:10PHOEBE FULLER
Hearing underway
The hearing is now underway, Bendall is present in court.

10:16PHOEBE FULLER
Lawyers in court today
Duncan Penny QC, prosecuting, and Vanessa Marshall QC, defending, are also present in court.

The defence are currently discussing the results of an MRI scan on Bendall, with the judge.

10:23KEY EVENT
Bendall remanded in custody until next hearing
The hearing has concluded and Bendall has been remanded into custody until his next appearance at Derby Crown Court.

This will be on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.

12:12KEY EVENT
Everything that happened in court as judge left 'disappointed'
During Bendall's appearance at Derby Crown Court this morning, Judge Nirmal Shant QC told his defence barrister that she was "disappointed" with the "lack of progress" in the case.

Here is everything that happened during Bendall's court hearing today.

Recap as Killamarsh quadruple murder suspect appears in court

Just reading through that. So many delays. I wonder if they will actually go to trial on March 1.
His legal team sounds totally useless. His barrister was trying to argue that the case was “extremely complicated” just because he has a supposed brain tumor. I agree with the judge, they should just get on with it.

Just speculating: I assume that Bendall was caught red-handed raping the 11 year old girl, then went beserk and killed the witness and the victim. Then killed everyone else so that they couldn’t ask/tell about the two dead people.

If they’re going with an “out of character” defence because if his suspected brain tumour, I really don’t care even it did cause him to do it (which I don’t believe at all). He deserves to rot.

Just speculating: I assume that Bendall was caught red-handed raping the 11 year old girl, then went beserk and killed the witness and the victim. Then killed everyone else so that they couldn’t ask/tell about the two dead people.

If they’re going with an “out of character” defence because if his suspected brain tumour, I really don’t care even it did cause him to do it (which I don’t believe at all). He deserves to rot.
Judge orders 'seizures test' on man accused of raping 11-year-old girl and killing family

Judge Nirmal Shant QC also ordered Bendall to have an electroencephalogram (EEG) to test for seizures. Bendall, of Killamarsh, spoke only to confirm his name during the ten-minute hearing.

She said: "This is not an everyday case, we are very shortly before trial and we still do not know what the issues in the case are. I am disappointed in the lack of progress and in two weeks' time I expect the indictment to be put."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back