UK - Terror attacks at London Bridge, Borough Market; 11 confirmed dead, incl. 3 suspects; many injuries. 3 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBC are reporting that the guy injured by the stray police bullet was an American.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk

A case of friendly fire IMO.

Wow, I wonder if they are in the water. Where else could they be?

An eyewitness on/near the bridge said they saw someone jump in to avoid the van I don't think we have heard an update to confirm this yet. I will keep an eye out for information.

Some details emerging:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/03/london-bridge-everything-know-far/

What do we know about the attackers?

Three male terrorists carried out the attack and all of them were shot dead by police.

One lived in a block of flats on King’s Road in Barking, east London, where he was believed to live with his wife and two children. The couple were said to have had an arranged marriage.

The attacker's parents were reported to be asylum seekers from Pakistan. His father is said to also live in east London, but his mother is dead. The attacker had worked at a branch of the fast food chain KFC before leaving two years ago for a job on the London Underground, according to reports.

Some details emerging:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/03/london-bridge-everything-know-far/

What do we know about the attackers?

Three male terrorists carried out the attack and all of them were shot dead by police.

One lived in a block of flats on King’s Road in Barking, east London, where he was believed to live with his wife and two children. The couple were said to have had an arranged marriage.

The attacker's parents were reported to be asylum seekers from Pakistan. His father is said to also live in east London, but his mother is dead. The attacker had worked at a branch of the fast food chain KFC before leaving two years ago for a job on the London Underground, according to reports.

Thank you. More information.

Gardai in Ireland have confirmed that an Irish ID card was found on the body of another of the killers - who is believed to have been born in Morocco but living in Dublin. Police say he was living in the Rathmines area of the Irish capital with his Scottish wife until around three months ago but he was not on their radar.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-slipped-police-s-net.html#ixzz4j8U52jk4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

An eyewitness on/near the bridge said they saw someone jump in to avoid the van I don't think we have heard an update to confirm this yet. I will keep an eye out for information.

Interestingly the RNLI's inshore Thames boat was launched as soon as news of the attack emerged. Presumably they were there to search for anyone who had gone into the river.

Thank you. More information.

Gardai in Ireland have confirmed that an Irish ID card was found on the body of another of the killers - who is believed to have been born in Morocco but living in Dublin. Police say he was living in the Rathmines area of the Irish capital with his Scottish wife until around three months ago but he was not on their radar.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-slipped-police-s-net.html#ixzz4j8U52jk4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

From your link greg, and maybe should be taken as 'hearsay', but if this is known to security services surely action needs to be taken. ? We cannot allow radicals and extremists whose intent is to harm others, this must be prevented.

One of his neighbours told MailOnline he was a 'cheeky chappie' before he became serious about Islam and his older brother was in the Territorial Army.

In 2013, the neighbour said he started to wear religious clothes. He used to go to the mosque over the road which she said was quite radical and lots of young men start going there and turn out extreme, she said.

7/7 Met police chief calls for extremists to be locked up in INTERNMENT camps as he says MI5 and police cannot keep track of 3,000 terror suspects

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-calls-internment-camps-3-000-extremists.html

Mr Ghaffur, an Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when the 7/7 bombings took place, proposes that special centres be set up to detain as many as 3,000 extremists, where they can be kept from launching attacks.*

They would also be made to go through a de-radicalisation programme.

7/7 Met police chief calls for extremists to be locked up in INTERNMENT camps as he says MI5 and police cannot keep track of 3,000 terror suspects

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-calls-internment-camps-3-000-extremists.html

Mr Ghaffur, an Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when the 7/7 bombings took place, proposes that special centres be set up to detain as many as 3,000 extremists, where they can be kept from launching attacks.*

There was a discussion on Good Morning Britain this morning involving internment camps and it was mentioned that with the IRA bombings and guantanamo bay it made the problem worse because it brought likeminded individuals together to plot against us. I don't know if this is the right solution. But I agree with Jessie that more needs to be done, we can't have tragedies with multiple innocent people murdered and candlelight vigils every couple of weeks. We have to go into the mosques and communities and find the extremists and re-educate them somehow before they kill.

There was a discussion on Good Morning Britain this morning involving internment camps and it was mentioned that with the IRA bombings and guantanamo bay it made the problem worse because it brought likeminded individuals together to plot against us. I don't know if this is the right solution. But I agree with Jessie that more needs to be done, we can't have tragedies with multiple innocent people murdered and candlelight vigils every couple of weeks. We have to go into the mosques and communities and find the extremists and re-educate them somehow before they kill.
I think the solution will have to be decided after the election by the new government.

Some background on Mr Ghaffur here. :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ffur-relieved-of-duties-at-Scotland-Yard.html

By Richard Edwards and Robert Winnett 2:14PM BST 09 Sep 2008
The Assistant Commissioner, who announced an unprecedented race claim against Sir Ian Blair last month, was summoned to Scotland Yard and told he would be put on "gardening leave".

It is the latest twist in a damaging "civil war" which has undermined Sir Ian's leadership of Britain's largest force and led last week to new claims that the Commissioner would be forced out of his job by Christmas.
It will also intensify an acrimonious race row, with Mr Ghaffur likely to claim that being suspended from Scotland Yard is further evidence of his victimisation.
It is understood he will remain on his £180,000-a-year salary pending the outcome of the tribunal and the end of his contract next May.

Meanwhile the Met's Professional Standards Committee has called for an investigation into whether Mr Ghaffur breached disciplinary codes by staging a televised press conference to announce his race claim.

Although his departure will be met with some relief at Scotland Yard, where some in the senior ranks had said they felt they could no longer work closely with Mr Ghaffur, it exposes one of the most senior roles in national policing.
As the Met's "No.3" he attended Sir Ian's "cabinet" meetings three times a week and was head of a unit which oversees security planning for the 2012 Olympics and the Met's firearms teams. It is also embarrassing for Sir Ian - a champion of "diversity" - that there are now no ethnic minority officers above the rank of Commander in the Met. The two most senior are Cmdr Shabhir Hussain, who last week lost his own race case after claiming he was denied promotion four times, and Cmdr Ali Dizaei, who has strongly backed Mr Ghaffur in his claim.

One high-ranking source said: "There has been a complete breakdown in trust and having gone public with his claims it was only right that Tarique stepped aside from his role pending the tribunal. It was an untenable situation but this whole episode is very sad for the Met and Tarique."

Mr Ghaffur's contact was due to run until May next year. Having served more than 30 years, he is eligible to retire immediately and receive a lump sum payout of £522,000 and an index-linked pension of £85,000 a year.

The Assistant Commissioner lodged his race complaint at an employment tribunal on August 22. It was his decision to give a televised press conference to air his grievances which caused consternation within Scotland Yard.
Sir Paul Stephenson, the Met's Deputy Commissioner, issued an instant rebuke, telling Mr Ghaffur and all in the force to "shut up" and get on with the job they were paid to do.

I think the solution will have to be decided after the election by the new government.

Yes I agree though I think Theresa May will still be Prime Minister, I suspect voters will trust her more in dealing with a serious issue like terrorism. Whoever is in power I hope they come up with adequate solutions to deal with this critically important and extremely complex issue.

For posterity.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2017-06-04-at-114333.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2017-06-04-at-114333.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 154
James McMullan's sister was on Sky News absolutely devastated she believes he is one of the victims.

rbbm.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/05/london-attack-isis-claims-responsibility-victims-named-live-updates

Melissa McMullan said her brother James is believed to have died as his bank card was found on a body at the scene.
The family of James McMullan, 32 have said they believe he is among the seven people killed in Saturday’s attack, Sky News reported, making him the second victim to be named. He has not been seen since he became separated from his friends while smoking outside a bar and his sister said his bank card was found on a body at the scene.
The employers of Ignacio Echeverría, the 39-year-old Spaniard who has not been seen since apparently trying to help a woman caught up in Saturday’s attacks, have hired a detective to help the family in its search, the Spanish news agency Efe reports.

The investigator, paid for by HSBC, is understood to be accompanying the missing man’s sister Isabel as she goes from hospital to hospital in London looking for her brother. Efe said family sources said the detective was “a high-level person who knows the procedures and how to handle the situation”.

The Muslim Council of Britain says that more than 130 Imams and religious leaders from diverse backgrounds have refused to perform the funeral prayer for the London attackers in what it calls “an unprecedented move”. They have also urged others to do likewise. In a statement they say:

Alongside our friends and neighbours, we mourn this attack on our home, society and people and feel pain for the suffering of the victims and their families. We pray to God that the perpetrators be judged in accordance with the gravity of their crimes in the hereafter. Their acts and wilful dismissal of our religious principles alienates them from any association with our community for whom the inviolability of every human life is the founding principle.
Consequently, and in light of other such ethical principles which are quintessential to Islam, we will not perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer for the perpetrators and we also urge fellow imams and religious authorities to withdraw such a privilege. This is because such indefensible actions are completely at odds with the lofty teachings of Islam.

"CCTV footage has captured the heroic actions of a restaurant worker who blocked a door from being opened by one of the Borough Market terrorists.

The dramatic footage shows Sergio Farina throwing his weight behind the door at Arthur Hooper’s bar as the knife-wielding killer tries to force his way in.
Horrified revellers are also seen piling into the bar to escape the terrorist just before Mr Farina put his body on the line.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rorist-entering-restaurant.html#ixzz4j9748FVU

Mr Farino is a hero.

"CCTV footage has captured the heroic actions of a restaurant worker who blocked a door from being opened by one of the Borough Market terrorists.

The dramatic footage shows Sergio Farina throwing his weight behind the door at Arthur Hooper’s bar as the knife-wielding killer tries to force his way in.
Horrified revellers are also seen piling into the bar to escape the terrorist just before Mr Farina put his body on the line.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rorist-entering-restaurant.html#ixzz4j9748FVU

Mr Farino is a hero.

I'm not sure I'd want to be up against a glass door with (what I thought was) a bomber outside. Brave man indeed!

Hoping and praying the missing are found safe, and continuing to pray for All.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back