UK - Terror attacks at London Bridge, Borough Market; 11 confirmed dead, incl. 3 suspects; many injuries. 3 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure I'd want to be up against a glass door with (what I thought) was a bomber outside. Brave man indeed!

Incredible, amazing acts of bravery happened.

These attackers had suicide vests on (who would know they were fake?) yet brave members of the public and unarmed police officers confronted them nevertheless.

Admirable indeed, possibly some lost their lives doing so. These heroes must be fully acknowledged somehow. I am lost for words at their actions, but very, very grateful.

"A KFC-eating jihadi who appeared on a TV show wearing Raybans and a Moroccan pastry chef with an Irish passport have been named as two of the three terrorists who killed seven in the London Bridge massacre.

The murderer in an Arsenal shirt can today be named as British extremist Khuram Butt who was filmed unfurling an ISIS flag on national TV and was reported to the police twice but still managed to launch murder on Britain's streets.

Butt, 27, a married father of two nicknamed 'Abz' who was born in Pakistan, was so extreme he called fellow Muslims without beards non-believers, would not speak to women directly and was banned from a mosque for berating worshippers for being 'un-Islamic'.

The football fan, who worked KFC and Transport for London, wore an Arsenal shirt under his fake suicide belt as he and two friends crashed their van into crowds on London Bridge before slashing at people with large knives murdering seven people and leaving 48 injured on Saturday night."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...married-father-Khuram-Butt.html#ixzz4j9HC4H6O

"A 21-year-old Australian last seen on London Bridge remains missing after being caught in Saturday night's terror attack.

Family and friends have launched an appeal to find Brisbane woman Sara Zelenak who was separated from her friends and has not been seen since.

Family friend Diane Winter posted to Facebook on Monday saying Ms Zelenak witnessed the attacks that killed seven and injured 48 others.

Ms Winter said more than 24 hours have passed with no news from the Australian consulate about Ms Zelenak's welfare.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ondon-Bridge-terror-attack.html#ixzz4j79t6N6y

View attachment 117873

Could she have been the one who jumped from the bridge? (Still catching up)

I don't believe he is a real Muslim he was likely a follower of Wahhabism an extreme form of Islam. I understand it is funded in the U.K by certain gulf nations it was discussed in depth on Good Morning Britain this morning.

"In July 2013, Wahhabism was identified by the European Parliament in Strasbourg as the main source of global terrorism.

Wahhabism has become increasingly influential, partly because of Saudi money and partly because of Saudi Arabia's central influence as protector of Mecca.

The Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, condemned Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil), insisting “the ideas of extremism, radicalism and terrorism do not belong to Islam in any way”.

Somewhat paradoxically, however, members of the Saudi ruling class have applauded Wahhabism it for its Salafi piety - i.e. its adherence to the original practices of Islam - and the movement's vehement opposition to the Shia branch of Islam."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...e-reactionary-branch-of-islam-said-to-be-the/

(Wahhabism? Never heard of it...)

Two of the men who carried out Saturday night's terror attack in London have been named by police.
Khuram Butt, 27, was married with children and lived in Barking, east London for a number of years.
Scotland Yard said he was known to police and MI5 but there was no intelligence to suggest an attack.
The other attacker was named as Rachid Redouane, 30.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40165646

Two of the men who carried out Saturday night's terror attack in London have been named by police.
Khuram Butt, 27, was married with children and lived in Barking, east London for a number of years.
Scotland Yard said he was known to police and MI5 but there was no intelligence to suggest an attack.
The other attacker was named as Rachid Redouane, 30.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40165646

I'm not surprised by the details coming out. I just don't understand being so young, throwing your life away, being willing and able to murder and being willing to die for a cause you believe in.

<modsnip>

I was just surprised because it's so intertwined with global terrorism and factionalism in the Mideast. However we learn the news from sound bytes these days so I'm sure many don't know the place it holds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just surprised because it's so intertwined with global terrorism and factionalism in the Mideast. However we learn the news from sound bytes these days so I'm sure many don't know the place it holds

From that Wiki link

The majority of mainstream Sunni and Shia Muslims worldwide strongly disagree with the interpretation of Wahhabism, and many Muslims would denounce them as a faction or a "vile sect".[8] Islamic scholars, including those from the Al-Azhar University, regularly denounce Wahhabism with terms such as "Satanic faith"

This makes no sense to me. The family could give them a photo and physical description to ID them.

They have to be beyond sure that the person they are confirming is dead is actually them. It would be horrific to get it wrong or to make a family look at several or dozens of bodies to ID them.

A photo and description is simply not enough proof. They need to use undoubtable evidence like DNA or fingerprints as proof.

From that Wiki link

The majority of mainstream Sunni and Shia Muslims worldwide strongly disagree with the interpretation of Wahhabism, and many Muslims would denounce them as a faction or a "vile sect".[8] Islamic scholars, including those from the Al-Azhar University, regularly denounce Wahhabism with terms such as "Satanic faith"

Yep it's extreme and far out and as most have said Islam isn't the problem the extremist are

Yep it's extreme and far out and as most have said Islam isn't the problem the extremist are

Exactly! We cannot blame an entire religion for the actions of a small minority. Every Muslim I have spoken to is absolutely sickened and devastated by what has happened recently. They are mortified the religion they choose to follow, to whatever extent, is being blamed like this. I expect better from Britain in this day and age, I really do.

Please take all political debate to our Politivent forum. This is not the thread for those discussions. Our English friends need support and understanding at this time, not bickering and religious debates.

Vigil held to remember victims

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40164590

From link

"Thousands of people gathered under leaden skies to remember those who were killed and injured in Saturday night's terror attack in London.

The crowd of all ages and backgrounds filled Potters Field Park, less than a mile from where three men drove into pedestrians on London Bridge before launching a knife attack in Borough Market.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan led the short ceremony with a defiant speech that was welcomed by applause.

The crowd filled the park and spilled out on to the area around City Hall, a snaking line of people waiting to leave flowers. The area is now a sea of floral tributes."

:heartbeat:

Sky news U.K reporting Molotov cocktails (petrol bombs) were found in the back of the van and police are examining them.

ADMIN NOTE: Political discussion MUST remain in the POLITIVENT forum.

Those who choose to ignore this warming WILL receive a prompt TIME OUT.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

Sky News U.K all 12 people arrested yesterday (Sunday) have been released without charge.

Sky news U.K reporting Molotov cocktails (petrol bombs) were found in the back of the van and police are examining them.

Woah. They may have planned to get lots of people hiding in pubs and restaurants and then thrown these bombs into them. It is so fortunate they were shot so quickly.

I'd like to know if they stayed in the vicinity of the van.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back