DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Thomas Mugford, 24, has been missing since the early hours of Saturday morning (October 28) when he left Bodmin Hospital where he was being treated after being sectioned for mental illness. Schizophrenic Thomas, who has been suffering from hallucinations and disordered thoughts, then walked into Wadebridge at about 2am, where he was spotted on the Camel Trail before catching a taxi to his hometown of Camborne.

As the hospital still had his keys, wallet and other belongings Thomas was unable to pay for the taxi fare and, when challenged smashed the taxi’s windows, leaving him with cuts. He then smashed a window to enter his home on Enys Road before heading onto Tehidy Road in the direction of Tehidy Woods on Saturday afternoon. His mental health had deteriorated over recent months and he had made an attempt on his own life earlier in the year.

Thomas is also said to be suffering from extreme paranoia, thinking he is being followed, and as a result deactivated his Facebook account and changed his phone number.

Thomas, who is about 5ft 10in and of medium build, was last seen wearing a dark top, khaki sandy shorts which are below the knee and trainers.

"It is believed he may have some cuts to his arms and possibly also to his lower legs."

He is said to now have longer hair than pictured in circulated images, reaching to his shoulders.

22853392_1148334071966117_4334219171533731977_n.jpg

http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/thomas-mugford-missing-bodmin-camborne-700414

Oh goodness, this poor guy!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Hi all. I am Tom's Mum. He is still missing but we have had a sighting today. Police, search and rescue and helicopter now out searching the area he was last seen.

Hi all. I am Tom's Mum. He is still missing but we have had a sighting today. Police, search and rescue and helicopter now out searching the area he was last seen.

My thoughts are with you.
I hope you bring Tom home quickly

Welcome to WS, Sinks, though I'm sorry you found us in such worrying circumstances. I hope you find Tom safe very soon.

His mum managed to speak to her son briefly yesterday after he was spotted in the Portreath area. She spotted Thomas near an industrial estate and called out to him. She said: "Thomas how are you?' He saw me and didn't speak much. He just said 'why are you here?' and pushed me away before running off into the woods. "I just want him to be found and returned to the hospital where he can receive the help he needs."

http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/thomas-mugford-schizophrenic-portreath-search-710570

How heart wrenching

I really hope he is found safe and provided with the treatment he needed. Best wishes to you, Sinks.

On Wednesday morning his mum added: "We are out again. I've got Alfie out of kennels. I took him off the lead and he followed without thinking. I feel relieved that I've seen him, because you always think the worst after this amount of time, so that is reassuring in one way, but because of his mental health he is not in his right mind."

Thomas's family have released more photos in the hope that someone might recognise him. However, the 24-year-old from Camborne now has mousy hair down to his shoulders.

"He is still missing. He was last spotted in Camborne heading towards Tehidy. We, as a family, are extremely concerned. We've been concerned for his mental health for a long time. He tried to take his own life not too long ago. He's really suffering at the moment. In case he does get to hear the radio of does see this report - come to me, his mum".

She added that in recent calls to his sister, Thomas asked for his mum, how wants him to hear this message:
Tom, your mum want you to go to her home. She is not cross and she loves you very much. She won't phone the police when you come to the door - instead she will give you time to connect before making the call to let officials know.

619549-800x600.scale_type-center_crop.jpg
619132-1035x659.jpg

https://www.piratefm.co.uk/news/latest-news/2418646/photos-the-cornwall-man-missing-for-five-days/

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/new...Mugford_intensifies_after_possible_sightings/

Hunt for missing Thomas Mugford from Camborne intensifies after possible sightings in Cusgarne area near to Twelveheads, Gwennap and Bissoe.

My thoughts and hopes with you for a positive outcome @ Sinks x.

Found alive! http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/thomas-mugford-missing-found-cornwall-729371

After several sightings reported in the Redruth area, and further police searches, he was located at the Rising Sun pub and restaurant in St Mawes.

Staff there had recongised him from press reports of the search for him over the past week. They confirmed his identity by asking the 24-year-old from Camborne for ID to prove he was old enough to drink.

More at link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic news, I'm so glad. What a relief for his family. x

Iam so thrilled to read this news!

I was just checking for an update on Thomas—what wonderful news!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back