GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the fact that Tia has an extended family means anything negative. These days, lots of people are divorced, separated, living with someone new etc, and as a consequence, gain an extended family.

What I do think is really strange is that <modsnip> (the step-granddad) told his dad one thing and the rest of the family another thing. Why? The truth doesn't change. Unless the media have got their facts wrong, it doesn't bode well for him at all. He met her in Croydon on the Thursday night to take her back to Grandma's place, but do we know if Grandma even saw her that night? She's a care worker. Could she have been doing a night shift on the Thursday and not seen Tia at all?

Sorry if this info is in the thread somewhere, but it's gone 1am and I skimmed through really fast. The only 'witness' who claims to have seen Tia leave Grandma's house on Friday morning alone was Jane someone-or-other. But it contradicts Hazell's account (one of his accounts anyway) of walking Tia to the tram station.

Even if the papers have got everything wrong about Hazell's account of what happened on the Friday morning, it still doesn't explain why Tia hasn't been picked up on CCTV - unless she never left the house in the first place. But if that's the case, she'd still be there, which she's not. Therefore, she would have had to have been 'moved' (like Milly Dowler). If she was moved, surely someone would have seen something.

There's also the possibility that she was abducted between leaving the house and getting to the tram station. But of course, if Hazell's tram story is correct, that's not an option. Do we know what Hazell's movements were after he walked Tia to the tram station, or didn't walk her there?

I grew up there and it USED to be a nice place to shop. I just cannot think now though why it would be that 'busy' compared to anywhere else. It is a dump! I was actually really shocked on a brief visit last Christmas. I don't think the town centre would be affected by the Olympics and the train station to get to central London is on the edge of the centre at East Croydon. (People going to the Olympics would go there to get a train.)

Or did 'too busy' mean the guy had too much else to do?

I have seen this questioned asked a couple of times, probably from you...
and I keep hoping someone says Yes!

This is my personal thorn in the side... Why aren't the homes where missing children people the FIRST place that is searched with a fine tooth comb???

It seems like that should be the very first place to look, since that is where the missing person was last seen.

Burt I see in so many cases that the home is searched only after all other avenues have been exhausted!:banghead:

sorry for rant... But this seems like sleuthing 101 to me!!!

JMO and MOO and all that.

and sorry for messy iPad typing, too! :blush:

I agree! The statistics as we all know show that familial danger is far more likely than stranger danger. Securing the last known location should happen from the get go. It's always bothered me too as to why this doesn't seem to happen often.
I understand that police want to use all of the manpower and resources to find the person but there need to be some devoted to checking the last known location.

If there are several cameras between her Gmas house and the tramm, she would have been seen. They saw her in the CCTV on the previous day and I cam imagine they have done some thorough checking of the tapes.

I am scared for Tia that something terrible has happened.

Even if the papers have got everything wrong about Hazell's account of what happened on the Friday morning, it still doesn't explain why Tia hasn't been picked up on CCTV - unless she never left the house in the first place. But if that's the case, she'd still be there, which she's not. Therefore, she would have had to have been 'moved' (like Milly Dowler). If she was moved, surely someone would have seen something

I am not saying this is the case here but I once watched a body carried out of a house having got caught up in a police cordon. (Drove down the street not realising and they told me just to stay parked till they were done.) It was of a girl murdered by a New Zealander (John Tanner?) They were saying that the house she was in had been searched. They said it for a fair while...then they did another search. The poor girl was under the floorboards. Just because a place is searched does not mean they always find anything first time.

I am not saying this is the case here but I once watched a body carried out of a house having got caught up in a police cordon. (Drove down the street not realising and they told me just to stay parked till they were done.) It was of a girl murdered by a New Zealander (John Tanner?) They were saying that the house she was in had been searched. They said it for a fair while...then they did another search. The poor girl was under the floorboards. Just because a place is searched does not mean they always find anything first time.

Oh gosh, I remember that case! Rachel Mclean was the victim I think. If I remember correctly, the b/friend concocted some BS story about being at a bus or train station with her saying goodbye when another guy came along that she knew. The 'guy' never existed and was just invented to throw the police in the wrong direction. And her body was found much later.

Well, I'll be praying that nothing awful has happened to Tia. There's just a tiny chance she had an argument with Hazell and went to hide out at friends, and now she doesn't know how to come back because of all the publicity. A tiny chance, but still a chance.

Yes you are right I am. Sorry it was late.....The census is not the electoral roll. No idea why Tia would be on it as I cannot see any logical reason for her to be.

Why the heck would anyone decide for themselves that a town was too busy and let a twelve year old go off into a busy town?

More to the point IF what the DM says is right then Stuart Hazell is a convicted drug dealer not averse to using a machete. Crack users don't usually stop......Unusual to have just one crack user in the house as it were. This guy has done jail time during the five years he was with the grandmother. I would think they would be careful at the moment not to report something like that unless they were sure (because of all the other stuff about newspapers in the news.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-home-mother-says-thinks-daughter-taken.html

I don't understand though how DN can know what SH was doing? If he was there would he also not know what Tia said she was going to do?

Why would detectives only now want to interview SH? Did they wait for inconsistencies in the story to appear? (but this is the DM reporting.)

To be honest, as far as I remember New Addington is pretty rough, but so is Croydon these days.

I realize the DM is sensationalist ....

so have we found anything supporting drug selling by SH and incarceration?

this could put a new slant on the investigation,,if so!

sorry for iPad typing

The way that quote reads it almost appears that Hazell and Christine have only been together about 1-2 years. Hardly the five reported elsewhere.

There is so much contradictory information I don't even know what to think anymore.

So many of these missing child cases have someone with a criminal background in their circle...

I am trying really, really hard not to pass judgment but I couldn't knowingly leave my 12 year old daughter in the care of someone who owned a machete just two years ago.

Given the length of his sentence I'm thinking there's more to it than just 'owning' it. (I've seen lesser sentences for far more egregious crimes.) JMO

This really isn't looking good for Tia. I think a certain someone will be arrested soon. JMO.

The way that quote reads it almost appears that Hazell and Christine have only been together about 1-2 years. Hardly the five reported elsewhere.

There is so much contradictory information I don't even know what to think anymore.

192.com is dated 2002... 10 years ago. I have no idea why Tia is listed. But, SH & CS/CB are listed.

Link
http://www.192.com/all/search/?sk=a89ec8b7-87f1-4d49-9fe7-791212765b9b&town=Croydon&county=Surrey&region=South%20East&country=England&gre=533361&grn=165839&distance=10129

I cant believe the lack of coverage, Ive emailed the bbc and itv.

Wishing for Tia to find her way home.

Just heard on Radio 1 that the parents? are complaining the police arent doing enough t look for Tia,theres also been an unofficial search party organised..

@BritsKate,I know youre trying not to pass judgement,and in a case like this with the people involved i know that can be difficult but sometimes the book cover,although crap can hold a gem of a read inside.
Ive been convicted if carrying a machete,im a a pothead(everyone knows that),and i have a long list of convictions etc and yet i won custody of my kids years ago,I look after my nieces on a regular basis,ive also been asked to watch my very protective neighbours kids because they wanted to stay in the garden while she went shopping,im well liked,help oldies cross the road,ive been known to block 2 lanes of traffic off so i can round up 2 stray dogs/kids/injured animals,sort of rescued a toddler in nappies last year,i have no enemies to speak off and i have a georgeous,funny and smart partner(10yrs) and i aint the prettiest thing going lol..

Just when it couldn't get anymore confusing .....

According to The Telegraph Stuart Hazell dated Tia's mother before he dated Tia's grandmother.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9460775/Missing-Tia-Sharp-left-in-care-of-ex-prisoner.html

:waitasec:

Apologies for the above post,it didnt come out right and wasnt finished off.
Too many distractions here at the mo..

So if she has meant to have travelled by bus to Croydon, I would be checking bus cctv from whichever bus travels to there with a 1-2 hour window from before she was last seen and after to start with.

This really isn't looking good imo.

This guy dated tias Mum before her gm, I find that a bit odd,not particularly because tia is missing just in a general sense.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I cant believe the lack of coverage, Ive emailed the bbc and itv.

Wishing for Tia to find her way home.

I think there's a lack of coverage because the police have a good idea of who did it. Again, JMO.
I think there would be way more of a fuss if they genuinely believed there was a stranger out there who'd kidnapped a kid and could be a danger to others. But I could be way wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor