GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cops probably did not even imagine that the guy would be stupid enough to have hidden the body in the house. They did a basic search, and assumed she was taken to the woods or somewhere else.

If the loft was used you have to get into it. If you could get into the loft why did police need ladders? It would not take rocket science to work out if the entrance to the loft had been used and the entrance to the loft would be in the house. How would the family have got access to the loft? It is not making sense to me that the police needed anything to access the loft. It would have been hard to get a ladder in and out of the house if there was no ladder there already. I guess the ladder if there is one could be part of the evidence?

If that body was in another loft did it get there through the entrance in that particular house?

2) If the body had been in a different part of the loft before, why would it have been moved later to be over the very house where it could be found more easily?

Wild theory. An accomplice shifting the body so that they are not connected to the crime? What is odd is the 'definite' sighting that was supposedly verified.

That sighting by a neighbor on Friday was always described as "unverified". The couple may have had a friend who was loyal enough to invent a corroboration - probably never dreaming that they were lying about when she went out, just thinking it would make things easier for the "innocent" (as she thought) grandparents.

This does remind me of the Rachel Nickell case - maybe just because I did see her body taken out of the house and also it happened actually in a street close to where I lived.John Tanner, the boyfriend and then murderer also gave public interviews.
Do you mean Rachel Mcclean? She was Tanner's g/friend. Rachel Nicholls was the woman killed on Wimbledon Common in front of her 2-year-old son.

Have we ever heard if Grandma checked on Tia when she got home from work in the morning or did she just go to bed?
Initially it was thought she'd been home that night with Tia and Hazell, but later it emerged that she'd actually been working as a carer and didn't get back home until after Tia had already 'allegedly' disappeared.

I am thinking something happened Thursday night while she was at work myself.
Yes. The only thing we know now is that Hazell was the last person to see her. So from 4.15 pm on Thursday (discounting the 'witness' who claims she saw Tia leave the house on Friday) Hazell was alone with Tia. I guess Grandma's version of the timeline can easily be checked by the police, but if it's true, then Hazell was alone with Tia from Thursday afternoon onwards.

Having seen the CCTV of him buying Vodka last night, and hearing accounts of how drunk he was - it really makes me wonder if he used to get drunk all the time when Tia was there on her own with him. Drink can 'change' people, and I'd be very concerned about leaving a child of mine alone all afternoon and night with a man that had a habit of drinking.

Suzi, I hope your tooth is feeling better!
Thanks. The co-codamol finally kicked in!

If the loft was used you have to get into it. If you could get into the loft why did police need ladders? It would not take rocket science to work out if the entrance to the loft had been used and the entrance to the loft would be in the house. How would the family have got access to the loft? It is not making sense to me that the police needed anything to access the loft. It would have been hard to get a ladder in and out of the house if there was no ladder there already. I guess the ladder if there is one could be part of the evidence?

If that body was in another loft did it get there through the entrance in that particular house?

Very good points but to be honest I think there may well be a ladder in the house, but the police just can't find it.:notgood::notgood:

Just a thought maybe ladders were need to get lower if there is space under the
Floorboards, and if they had been covered well enough maybe a normal search
Would miss it. Still is odd for her to have been in the house the whole time IMO

There may have been a ladder in the house at the time of the death. If I was crafty, and remember this man has a history of law breaking, I would hide the body immediately after the death, then get rid of the ladder before it came to light that the child was missing. You're not going to arouse as much suspicion carrying a ladder as a body. In fact didn't someone say one of the neighbors had an untidy garden? Maybe he just dumped the ladder into their garden making it look like something they've just thrown out!

there was once a case of a missing man in the US... he was last seen in his store.. (sorry I cannot recall the exact case but give me a bit for some recall for a link)... dogs searched for him, people searched for him, and he was later found inside the ceiling tiles of the store and he had committed suicide. Not saying that this is case.. just pointing out the fact that if a body is hidden (earlier link I posted said they took in ladders and there was speculation the body was recovered from the loft) that the earlier search dogs, the sniffer or tracking dogs, would not have traced a fresh and live scent up there.. only HRD dogs would have tracked that scent if he hid the body.

BBM

This happened in Charlotte, NC (I live just outside Charlotte). It was very sad, he was engaged to be married. He went up into the attic of the store and shot himself and died there early on a Friday morning. He was not found until the next Monday. Story is here -- http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Missing-business-owner-found-dead-inside-store-106461883.html

So it is possible for Tia's body to have been in the house all along, to have been hidden out of sight.

There may have been a ladder in the house at the time of the death. If I was crafty, and remember this man has a history of law breaking, I would hide the body immediately after the death, then get rid of the ladder before it came to light that the child was missing. You're not going to arouse as much suspicion carrying a ladder as a body. In fact didn't someone say one of the neighbors had an untidy garden? Maybe he just dumped the ladder into their garden making it look like something they've just thrown out!

Just thinking out loud, Hazell is reported as being a painter and decorator, I would guess he would have ladders or at least access to ladders.

Did they have a shed? He might have kept a ladder in there. My family's house has an unconverted loft but we only go up there once in a blue moon to get something out of it. We keep the ladder in a shed.

The terminology that Hazell says about Tia alarms me greatly mainly' She wanted it, she got it'

Not only the past tense but also the fact that Psychologically he could well be informing us of what happened :-(

Of course he is refering to ITEMS and MONEY BUT it also reeks of something darker that his psyche is revealing about what happend.

As someone who studies Psychology this is my opinion anyway.

Poor Tia, may God keep you in his arms.

BBC News just announced there have been two additional arrests.

A 46 year old woman on suspicion of murder and a 39 year old man on suspicion of assisting a murder

Oh damn.

Yeah who in this story was mentioned as being 39. It won't be the mother, I think she's a lot younger. Could it be the neighbor who provided the alibi about seeing Tia on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member