UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Allegedly it was the blood seeping out of one suitcase that caught the attention of other people on the bridge.
ETA: I see that your comment was about the content of the suitcases. I was wondering about that as well. Perhaps they were identified after the crime scene had been discovered in London. The perp was probably identified first (IMO).
Yes I think someone identified him from the photo released. It was very clear.

This is so bizarre. I’m trying to make sense of this whole thing.

If I’m understanding correctly, this Yostin guy appears to have murdered two men, who are known to him. The victims were murdered in London, subsequently dismembered and then their body parts were stuffed into two very large suitcases. It also appears that there is either a third victim or…not all the body parts made it into the suitcases. Yikes! So we have a crime scene in London.

Then, somehow, Yostin, along with the 2 suitcases containing body parts, travels from London to Bristol. How? When? WHY?

Once in Bristol, the suitcases, along with Yostin, travel in a taxi from outside the Mall Pub to the suspension bridge. How did he get to the area of the Pub? Those suitcases were really heavy. WHY BRISTOL???

For some reason he gets out of the cab on the bridge and he’s seen doing something odd; he abandons the suitcases and runs. A guy on a bike follows in pursuit and gets Yostin’s picture. But Yostin gets away.

LE arrives and the discovery of the bodies happens.

Are we supposed to believe he travelled from London without help?

Wow! This is one for the books.

Killing two men who you know reeks of a drug deal gone wrong, a money issue, a business transaction going awry. If it was a business transaction it must have been illegal.

MOO
He must’ve hitch-hiked from London? I know this sounds crazy, but people do crazy.

Also, I suppose it’s possible Bristol has incoming drug traffic via boat. This might give the city a vague sense of familiarity to the “wrong element”.

FWIW Bristol piques my attention as a crime location, because Amazon Prime has a super-cute super-fun crime series based there. It’s called the Outlaws. Definite binge-watch.

From the link above:

Sources said two men – one a wheelchair user - living at the crime scene had planned to travel to Bristol before they went missing.

They were said to know the suspect in the murder probe.

ETA: So his story would have been that they left for Bristol and could have been murdered there.
Maybe they were going for Pride ?

I'm also wondering if he was their care provider since he seemed to have referred to at least one of them as his boss. So, maybe he had a train ticket in advance as well as a specific destination in mind, where he would put the bodies as if they were murdered by someone there. (speculation)

Wow, this case unfolding bit-by-bit in ways unexpected from the start, imo.

Dont think he was referring to either of his victims as his boss! MOO

At the time, his focus seems to be to get the cyclist to stop following, so he might have just made up something on the spur of the moment that could be scary... I have a really bad boss, you don't want to follow and get in trouble with the boss...?

JMO but he shouted Boss in the heat of the moment to scare the cyclist/witnesses off
Clearly everyone in the vicinity including the running-away suspect, saw two suitcases, one leaking blood.
It might be something that would work to scare people off in Colombia, but doesn't translate so well over here.

Over there it might translate as "I'm on mob business, don't get involved" while over here someone would just say "yeah, don't we all, mate!"

But it doesn't mean he really is on mob business, he's just trying to get the cyclist to stop following. We can see that none of this adds up to 'organised' as in Organised Crime.

From the link above:

Sources said two men – one a wheelchair user - living at the crime scene had planned to travel to Bristol before they went missing.

They were said to know the suspect in the murder probe.

ETA: So his story would have been that they left for Bristol and could have been murdered there.

Yep.
So mystery of Bristol has been solved.

We know what he said now- the video and a translation are shared here.

The video claims he is clearly heard saying, "My boss is a really bad man." When I listened, I could only hear "malo" (bad) clearly.

It does make me wonder if he was told to dispose of the bodies/was set up to be the fall guy.

I wouldn't put too much significance to this "Jefe" word.
:rolleyes:
It seems to me he just wanted to frighten the guy who was pursuing him.

Like,
Be careful, my Jefe can get you.
Leave me alone!

Something like kids saying things about "big brothers".

JMO

I do. I don't see the organized crime ring that others are seeing. I don't think he was threatening anyone by saying his boss is bad.

I think he was the older couple's care-provider who was going to help the couple travel to Bristol, but something went very, very bad at their home. In his muddled mind, he thought to dispose of them in Bristol, since they were all going there anyway, and make it look like someone in Bristol killed the couple.

But it went all wrong on the bridge, and when confronted, he ran away, and in despair/fright/guilt, shouted as an inadequate explanation that his boss was a bad man.

I know others see a big drug or crime ring, but I don't....at this point. If we learn more that shows I'm wrong, I'll willingly eat my hat and change my mind. I'm here to speculate in the meantime.

jmo

Good thinking. The inference from the names of the victims is that they were a same sex couple, and Bristol Pride was this weekend.
So I’ve gone from thinking there were 2 gangsters body parts in the suitcases to feeling sad two vulnerable elderly possibly disabled have been killed. If it was a cuckooing situation perhaps they knew too much and this is end result. Jmo

It would be difficult to get away with putting a body (or two) out with the rubbish but smaller body parts probably wouldn't be detected or affect the weight of the bin. I speculate he could have removed their hands and heads to prevent identification.
I don't know. I am now thinking he wanted the two victims identified - and they were. I think his plans were to plant them where it would look like they were murdered in Bristol and he wasn't actually hiding them like it originally appeared. He was interrupted from reaching his destination rather than thwarted AT his destination. speculation only.

I don't want to guess what exactly was found remaining in the home, but I'm thinking a "mess" of parts rather than anything removed to hide identity. Whatever it was, it was enough that it called for proper disposal of human remains rather than simply a clean-up. I don't want to get more specific as it's very uncomfortable to think about.

Again, I realize this is speculation, not fact, and that others have different theories. It's okay if we have different theories at this point.

jmo

The video claims he is clearly heard saying, "My boss is a really bad man." When I listened, I could only hear "malo" (bad) clearly.

It does make me wonder if he was told to dispose of the bodies/was set up to be the fall guy.
I am inclined to agree that he could be the fall guy.
He possibly didn’t want to dispose of the bodies but had to as his boss is a “bad man” so decided to dump them somewhere where the bodies would be found quickly.

If he has indeed killed, dismembered and dumped those bodies I am quite surprised he ran off when confronted by a cyclist instead of at least grabbing the phone. JMO

Obviously, this could all be incorrect but in the short video to me, he seemed more scared than scary.

I do. I don't see the organized crime ring that others are seeing. I don't think he was threatening anyone by saying his boss is bad.

I think he was the older couple's care-provider who was going to help the couple travel to Bristol, but something went very, very bad at their home. In his muddled mind, he thought to dispose of them in Bristol, since they were all going there anyway, and make it look like someone in Bristol killed the couple.

But it went all wrong on the bridge, and when confronted, he ran away, and in despair/fright/guilt, shouted as an inadequate explanation that his boss was a bad man.

I know others see a big drug or crime ring, but I don't....at this point. If we learn more that shows I'm wrong, I'll willingly eat my hat and change my mind. I'm here to speculate in the meantime.

jmo
I would imagine he would be known to the neighbours if he was a carer/regular visitor ?
Its possible he was though. Someone recognized him for the police to name him before he was caught
I am still going with the cuckooing scenario ,he being a local small time dealer using their home to do his business.
I believe there was a case like this recently in Bournemouth. Guys body parts found dumped locally
Just MOO of course

I would imagine he would be known to the neighbours if he was a carer/regular visitor ?
Its possible he was though. Someone recognized him for the police to name him before he was caught
I am still going with the cuckooing scenario ,he being a local small time dealer using their home to do his business.
I believe there was a case like this recently in Bournemouth. Guys body parts found dumped locally
Just MOO of course
he would be fully documented ain't no getting away working in that profession but idk if England recruits from Colombia, never heard of that before

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back