GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an enormous issue, but with regard to the sheet in which the child's remains were reportedly wrapped: we have several adults in our home and it wouldn't take long for a missing sheet to be noted. We wash bed linen at least once weekly. Sheets etc. are stored in matched pairs in the linen press. We do not possess black sheets or I suspect a missing black sheet would be noticed even more swiftly as black is a dominant colour

I'm curious to learn how a woman who generally resides with only one other could fail to notice in a smallish dwelling that a black sheet is missing. Did she not ask SH where one (or the only?) black sheet was? Was she not curious? I didn't see a clothes-line in their yard so am guessing they most commonly used a clothes drier (based on SH's claims he washed Tia's clothes on Thursday night yet she reportedly wore the same clothes the following day). Did CS not become curious as to the missing sheet in the week which followed?

She's only going to notice if she looks, and unless she was changing the bedlinen herself, why would she? All their bedlinen might be black for all we know. It could even have been an old sheet - we have quite a lot of old sheets that aren't used on the beds any more, but are useful to keep as dustcovers etc. As SH is a decorator by trade, he might well keep old sheets.

laserdisc, I suspect you are expecting a level of organization that seems missing from the family scenario re: the sheets. Also many Europeans don't use topsheets just duvets and bottom sheets. Hence no missing mate to the sheet.

no apologies needed crazymama,i dunno if i can pass judgement on anyone due the the decor or furnishing of their house,i mean i have had some questionable items :what:

how is he affording that? i assuming he is on benefits? i cant see a top barrister being provided on legal aid

I have no idea but if you google the Barrister who represented him today she has a glowing history in acquittals in this sort of case....

I reckon the grandmonster did it, and SH was involved, but the police are mainly focusing on him because he's a male, no blood relation to the victim, and has a dodgy past. I expect to see them both pointing the finger at each other in the near future.

I also predict that the post mortem will find that she was beaten to death, or hit several times then strangled - a lashing out gone disastrously wrong. I doubt there was any sexual abuse.

I think if this was the case it would have been hard to prevent Tia from screaming and alerting the neighbours. I doubt those walls would prevent screams from permeating hence why I believe death by smothering is a more realistic scenario.

Haven't exactly ridden him hard though, have they ?

Seemingly took his fair-ground search as gospel Seemingly

Allowed him to slip away for several hours He wasn't under arrest, he was free to do what he wanted

Didn't object to his televised wail What could they do, if he had the right to do it...and of course it was an opportunity for him to slip up

Had him in the station more than once, but clearly found no reason to hold him They had no body. It's even possible that they wanted him to lead them to her

and failed to find a child's remains in the ceiling for a week despite all the above, which in turn -- should forensic evidence have been rendered degraded, may result in a very light sentence Sadly i see this could be possible

My suspicions of his possibly being a police informant therefore remain
No, I really do not believe he has been dating his ex-gf's mum based for 5 years (?) based on any suspicion. Totally wrong. Sorry

sky news Martin Brunt tweets -- Stuart Hazell transferred to Belmarsh prison, the UKs most secure. He is thought to be segregated with vulnerable prisoners.

Didn't exactly check CS out too thoroughly either, apparently, considering it was several days before it emerged (or she finally divulged) that she had not been at home during the time Tia was there. Although accounts still aren't all that clear

No, they are not, and I can't stress enough the danger of putting any trust into the media reports. The police know what was said to them - the media do not. They guess. They also report third-hand information which is often based on misunderstanding and incomplete knowledge.

Look at how people ran away with the notion that Tia's mother was "missing". This was based on comments from CS that she didn't know where her daughter was (which she probably did) - and of course that the media hadn't been able to find out! :rolleyes: which was almost certainly the object of the exercise. I have no doubt that the police knew exactly where she was.

I wonder if the black sheet was taken from an airing cupboard or a bed. If it was taken from a bed, maybe that's where Tia died and that's why Hazell used the sheet to wrap her? Of course, if that's the case, then she could have been sexually assaulted and tried to fight back / scream, and he had to get her to keep quiet.

I don't like to think of this scenario because of how terrified Tia would have been. Other suggestion (think I've already said this) is that he was drunk, and Tia was irritating him by playing with her phone, or doing something else that annoyed him, and when she didn't stop doing it, he lost it, hit her, and it went too far.

The funfair story had me intrigued. First I heard about it was during the interview. He could argue that the reason no one remembers him and Gran asking about Tia is because it was so busy. I wonder if the funfair was en route to Tia's mum, if so, he'd have seen if it was busy or not and been able to decide whether it was safe enough to pretend they'd been there.

The phone.
They drove straight to Tia's mum from the fair to report her missing? They knew she didn't have her phone. They knew she had no way of contacting anyone if she was in trouble - and yet Gran didn't ask to be dropped back at the house just in case Tia came home. Why, because she knew she wasn't coming home?

Did anyone watch the video clip of Hazell in the off licence? He seemed to be swaying towards the end of the clip and acted pretty drunk. Would anyone here seriously think it's okay to leave their child with someone who behaved like this? Clearly not a first-time drinker!

Also, I presume Hazell didn't ever have a close relationship with his dad, or else wouldn't he have been able to live with him for a while instead of being homeless? I'd like to know more about Hazell's parents and his childhood. I suspect every single person that's related to anyone of the extended family members we know of so far, have all had issues of abuse or neglect or something in their past. History repeating itself, maybe?

I hope he pleads guilty and doesn't try to get out of what he's done. The Mail (taken with a big sack of salt) said he seemed very emotional and that his voice cracked when he confirmed his name and address. As he won't have been drinking since Friday evening, maybe he's finally sobered up and realised what he's done. Let's hope he gets a conscience and doesn't try and weasel his way out of it.

Every time I see a picture of his face right next to a picture of Tia's innocent young expression, and think of the nightmare he must have put her through in her final hours, it makes my blood run cold.

I opened a Media & Info thread for our dear Tia. It's basically a document dump.

The title is Recovered/Located Tia Sharp. When I notice a mod on this thread I'll have her change the title to match the others in the forum.

I think if this was the case it would have been hard to prevent Tia from screaming and alerting the neighbours. I doubt those walls would prevent screams from permeating hence why I believe death by smothering is a more realistic scenario.

I had the misfortune of living in terrace housing for a short time, and sound did tend to travel, so I can quite believe this.

As for missing bedsheets - I think that peoples behaviour regarding bed linen is quite diverse (highly differing opinions have already been expressed in just a few post) - so its difficult to comment on the likelyhood of CS noticing its absence.

Hi guys,

After lurking for some months I've finally gotten round to verifying my email address.

A few of my thoughts:

To me this smells of a set up. I can't put my finger on it but there's just a whole lot of little things which tell me he's been turned into a fall guy. A few points I'd like to make:

1. He definitely seems the submissive of the pair in his relationship with grandma. From what we've seen of him (from press footage and the conference) he seems definitely more submissive and eager to please people in the family (especially the grandma) whereas the grandma has always been bold and brash.I'm sure he has his moments as does every one but to me he seems like he's not hhad the best llife and is eager to cling to the one hhes in attm hence the swapping from daughter to mother.

That being said it raises 2 further points for me. Firstly if he did kill her (which admittedly it doesn't look good) I don't think he's got the intellligence to concoct a credible ploy on his own, to hide her body, clean up and certainly to lie to the grandma as I'm sure shed have wanted answers and I can imagine her being quite aggressive imo. And I don't see him confessing to her either as I'm quite certain shed have killed him as by all accounts she seems to have a temper on her. But that then leads me to ask in both scenarios why she went along with the lie of checking the fair unless it was to cover something up?

What if we've been looking at it the wrong way and something happened between tia and her grandma. With grandma persuadinggthreatening sh to help with the aftermath in order to continue living within the family (or perhaps she has other "dirt" on him which she could have used.

What's also bothered me was the initial discrpency with her work ( she was at home, then at work and the llong shift it seemed she'd done). Having family who've worked in the care industry I've been thinking the following;

Firstly was she doing what is deemed as a "split shift" I.e working say 6-10 then 11-6am. Its quite common within the industry and you don't have to stay at the work place in between. Could she have been doing this and come home in the time between? May account for the home/work descrepancy and also what seems like a long shift (when in fact it was two smaller ones).

Also what kind of carer was she? Was she based at one place or was she what's termed as a outreach/community carer? Community carers travel to individuals homes to provide care. Again in this case its also possible to go home between calls and then go on to the next patient.

Hope this makes sense and sorry for any typos, I'm on my phone and it has a mind of its own

How do we know this? Because and 11 year old girl saw him and got her stepdad to call the police? Surely it's possible he was under surveillance and police were watching him to see what he goes on to do? To see who he goes to. To see whether he sees a friend and gives some sort of confession????

We can only assume because there was public announcement that they are hunting him that they had lost track of him. Isn't it possible they had to issue this warning for the safety of the public?

Sounds a bit thin I know.

Hello sar2them, and welcome to the wide and occasionally wild world of posting at WS.

I wonder if the black sheet was taken from an airing cupboard or a bed. If it was taken from a bed, maybe that's where Tia died and that's why Hazell used the sheet to wrap her? Of course, if that's the case, then she could have been sexually assaulted and tried to fight back / scream, and he had to get her to keep quiet.

It could be SH's idea of respect to wrap her in a sheet.

That is a very good point-the Uncle did know the story. If Granny was involved I wonder if Uncle was also involved in hiding Tia's body.

IMO the uncle is totally in the clear here. He was thrown a red herring and wanted to believe his niece was alive.

We really can't throw his name into the frame.

The phone.
They drove straight to Tia's mum from the fair to report her missing? They knew she didn't have her phone. They knew she had no way of contacting anyone if she was in trouble - and yet Gran didn't ask to be dropped back at the house just in case Tia came home. Why, because she knew she wasn't coming home?

Absolutely. Also she knew they hadn't just been asking at the fair, so that's another thing she just went along with. She is at the very least at Maxine Carr level of involvement. (disclaimer, just my deduction based on media coverage)

Hi guys,

After lurking for some months I've finally gotten round to verifying my email address.

A few of my thoughts:

To me this smells of a set up. I can't put my finger on it but there's just a whole lot of little things which tell me he's been turned into a fall guy. A few points I'd like to make:

1. He definitely seems the submissive of the pair in his relationship with grandma. From what we've seen of him (from press footage and the conference) he seems definitely more submissive and eager to please people in the family (especially the grandma) whereas the grandma has always been bold and brash.I'm sure he has his moments as does every one but to me he seems like he's not hhad the best llife and is eager to cling to the one hhes in attm hence the swapping from daughter to mother.

That being said it raises 2 further points for me. Firstly if he did kill her (which admittedly it doesn't look good) I don't think he's got the intellligence to concoct a credible ploy on his own, to hide her body, clean up and certainly to lie to the grandma as I'm sure shed have wanted answers and I can imagine her being quite aggressive imo. And I don't see him confessing to her either as I'm quite certain shed have killed him as by all accounts she seems to have a temper on her. But that then leads me to ask in both scenarios why she went along with the lie of checking the fair unless it was to cover something up?

What if we've been looking at it the wrong way and something happened between tia and her grandma. With grandma persuadinggthreatening sh to help with the aftermath in order to continue living within the family (or perhaps she has other "dirt" on him which she could have used.

What's also bothered me was the initial discrpency with her work ( she was at home, then at work and the llong shift it seemed she'd done). Having family who've worked in the care industry I've been thinking the following;

Firstly was she doing what is deemed as a "split shift" I.e working say 6-10 then 11-6am. Its quite common within the industry and you don't have to stay at the work place in between. Could she have been doing this and come home in the time between? May account for the home/work descrepancy and also what seems like a long shift (when in fact it was two smaller ones).

Also what kind of carer was she? Was she based at one place or was she what's termed as a outreach/community carer? Community carers travel to individuals homes to provide care. Again in this case its also possible to go home between calls and then go on to the next patient.

Hope this makes sense and sorry for any typos, I'm on my phone and it has a mind of its own

Hi Sar2 and welcome also!
The other thing that makes me wonder abou Hazell is that he was apparently pretty drunk as you mention, but he was still asking if people had seen Tia and trying to hand out leaflets.
Now I know everyone behaves differently when they have had a drink, but people do seem to forget what they are saying quite often and tell the truth.

I wonder if he is taking the blame as some kind of misguided show of love to CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme