GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As i mentioned before, i've only been back to that estate once since i left and that was last Monday, i needed to go to Iceland and the one there was the only one open at 9pm.

I've since been past the road at the bottom of the estate quite a few times since then as my kids live in that area still but even though all this has been going on is still don't want to or have even felt the need to go there.

I could have gone to be nosey like god knows how many others have but i felt that even doing that would be very wrong.

And i'll be perfectly honest and i'm sorry if it offends anybody but just being near people on that estate makes me feel like my IQ is being reduced.

as i said in my earlier massive post, the things we remember when it comes to things like this are usually only after an incident has happened.

if she had actually gone missing and he had nothing to do with it he would have had a hard time remembering what he did that day but he was just replacing the truth with lies and going over it in his head for nearly a week.

can you remember what you did nearly a week ago in such detail ?

In addition, he wouldn't have needed to invent much of it because Tia had stayed there before and much of what he recounted was mundane, such as getting up, going to the kitchen, what she ate, the computer games and tv, the forgetting to clear up after herself, tossing things in the wash, 'hoovering', barely-heard commentary, leaving to go to the shops, chips and pizza, etc. He could just base much of the time-line and events on previous days where the routine would have been basically identical. So there was a ring of truth to what he said, because non of it was extraordinary, he'd lived it in the past and he was therefore persuasive

Also, he would have recounted an almost identical version of events twice to police and probably to various family members who may not have been involved, so he could sound convincing because by then, the script had become 'real' to him

It's to be suspected that on his journey through life, he'd learned, read or been advised to keep it simple and utilise past experience as foundation

also 'deny, deny, deny' and sound indignant, for according to 'experts', those who're wrongly accused will generally respond with anger, outrage and denial. I suspect he rather enjoyed appearing on tv

India, I'm interested in the comment you made re: your wondering why they went to that particular co-op, considering it was out of their way, etc.

Wonder if the police have had the nouse or local knowledge to quiz him about that aspect. I've read it previously in another forum, so locals/past locals picked it up in addition to you and as such (local knowledge) it seems deserving of explanation. Hope the police read comments such as yours

The step father said NS was not actively searching 'because people follow her '. Strangeness. If my child were missing I either wouldn't know or care that people were following me, or I'd utilize those people to further the search

Perhaps what he meant was that people were sticking too close to her, focussing on her (whether out of curiosity or concern), instead of spreading out and covering different areas.

i would also hazard a guess that it would have to be put in a way that it didn't touch the actual ceiling or it would have fallen through, i'm going to assume it didn't have a floor up there or it would have been easy for a copper to just jump up there and walk around.

Thanks for the insights, India. Would there be a drop-down ladder? I'm wondering if the reason they brought in another ladder was to lay it on the joists so as to avoid stepping on the ceiling.

I honestly think that being on TV was his ultimate downfall.

Did he not realise how many people would be watching his every move during that interview especially ?

I get chance to be on TV quite a lot because of the job i do but you'll never see me in front of a TV camera as i avoid them like the plague lol

India, I'm interested in the comment you made re: your wondering why they went to that particular co-op, considering it was out of their way, etc.

Wonder if the police have had the nouse or local knowledge to quiz him about that aspect. I've read it previously in another forum, so locals/past locals picked it up in addition to you and as such (local knowledge) it seems deserving of explanation. Hope the police read comments such as yours

The reason i said that was because at no point was it mentioned that he had a car or could even drive and that would be the only reason to go to that particular CO-OP, if he did drive then it wouldn't be so much out of the way but as i understood it they were using public transport.

Perhaps what he meant was that people were sticking too close to her, focussing on her (whether out of curiosity or concern), instead of spreading out and covering different areas.

Thanks for the insights, India. Would there be a drop-down ladder? I'm wondering if the reason they brought in another ladder was to lay it on the joists so as to avoid walking on the ceiling.

BBM

Agreed, that is how it sounded to me too and let's face it, it's true. But it's true also that this is a situation confronting any parent or primary carer of a missing child/individual. It comes with the territory, for good or ill. However, most contend with it, don't they? After all, their focus is on finding their missing loved-one and that concern, that focus, if genuine, obliterates everything in its path - and that single minded focus, that choked-throat concern on the part of the searching parent, is obvious to everyone around them. It would be a fool or very brave individual who attempted to divert a parent in that situation. So whilst there may be gawpers and the maudlin, they'd be blown to the kerb -- and are in most instances -- by the parent's desperate energy. As such, I still find it very strange that the mother chose to remain so low-key. It has been noted by many others, so I know I'm not alone in finding the mother's and even the step-father's minimal involvement and deference to SH to be 'unusual', shall we say

I wonder if this visit to the co-op was on the way back from him collecting her from the tram stop in Croydon or did they go home and then out again.

Did he actually go and collect her as he said or did Tia arrive unannounced?

The reason i said that was because at no point was it mentioned that he had a car or could even drive and that would be the only reason to go to that particular CO-OP, if he did drive then it wouldn't be so much out of the way but as i understood it they were using public transport.

India 99
Is it possible for you to show where the local shops are on the map you posted?

The reason i said that was because at no point was it mentioned that he had a car or could even drive

Good point. In the Joanna Yeates case, people assumed that Vincent Tabak had no car (or no access to one), because it was never mentioned .... but it turned out that he did. So it shouldn't be ruled out.

India, in general I don't think most realize that in the digital age you'd better tell the truth, because it will come back to bite you on the backside sooner or later if you you lie! lol See this all the time with the pols and others.

Just to clarify things a bit

The one she was seen at is out of the way in my opinion as the bus or tram she would have been on while on the way to her Grandmothers house would have stopped within feet of the one on the estate.

Also it wouldn't have been as far to walk back from either.

Edit: put the co-op on the estate in the wrong place, wrong end of the road then i remembered there's a massive LIDL nearer the house

210311_186821991450006_1363161700_o.jpg

BBM

Agreed, that is how it sounded to me too and let's face it, it's true. But it's true also that this is a situation confronting any parent or primary carer of a missing child/individual. It comes with the territory, for good or ill. However, most contend with it, don't they? After all, their focus is on finding their missing loved-one and that concern, that focus, if genuine, obliterates everything in its path - and that single minded focus, that choked-throat concern on the part of the searching parent, is obvious to everyone around them. It would be a fool or very brave individual who attempted to divert a parent in that situation. So whilst there may be gawpers and the maudlin, they'd be blown to the kerb -- and are in most instances -- by the parent's desperate energy. [B]As such, I still find it very strange that the mother chose to remain so low-key. It has been noted by many others, so I know I'm not alone in finding the mother's and even the step-father's minimal involvement and deference to SH to be 'unusual', shall we say
[
I agree with you that the lack of involvement from both the step-father and particularly the mother is very strange.

Agreed, that is how it sounded to me too and let's face it, it's true. But it's true also that this is a situation confronting any parent or primary carer of a missing child/individual. It comes with the territory, for good or ill. However, most contend with it, don't they? After all, their focus is on finding their missing loved-one and that concern, that focus, if genuine, obliterates everything in its path - and that single minded focus, that choked-throat concern on the part of the searching parent, is obvious to everyone around them. It would be a fool or very brave individual who attempted to divert a parent in that situation. So whilst there may be gawpers and the maudlin, they'd be blown to the kerb -- and are in most instances -- by the parent's desperate energy. As such, I still find it very strange that the mother chose to remain so low-key. It has been noted by many others, so I know I'm not alone in finding the mother's and even the step-father's minimal involvement and deference to SH to be 'unusual', shall we say

Up to a point, yes. But I think you'd find it's not unusual for the mother to stay at home, rather than actively search. One reason being that she will be there if the child comes home.

India, in general I don't think most realize that in the digital age you'd better tell the truth, because it will come back to bite you on the backside sooner or later if you you lie! lol See this all the time with the pols and others.

well as they say, if you tell the truth then that's all you have to remember.

[[/B]
I agree with you that the lack of involvement from both the step-father and particularly the mother is very strange.

There's a very good reason as to why they put certain people and not others in front of the TV cameras.

Good point. In the Joanna Yeates case, people assumed that Vincent Tabak had no car (or no access to one), because it was never mentioned .... but it turned out that he did. So it shouldn't be ruled out.

I would have thought if he did have a vehicle or access to one other than Granny's then it would have been seen collected for forensic investigation .

I would have thought if he did have a vehicle or access to one other than Granny's then it would have been seen collected for forensic investigation .

It probably has been now.

India,

If Tia and SH did actually travel from Croydon together would they have got off the bus/tram at the Gravel hill stop ? If so that Co-op seems nearer,although a longer walk back to the Lindens

Just to clarify things a bit

The one she was seen at is out of the way in my opinion as the bus or tram she would have been on while on the way to her Grandmothers house would have stopped within feet of the one on the estate.

Also it wouldn't have been as far to walk back from either.

414909_186817951450410_542154756_o.jpg

It's quite possible that she went to the shops (rather than specifically the co-op) and therefore walked (?) the extra few hundred yards for the extra choice of shops available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay