GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very emotive case. There's a strong possibility the body is in a very decomposed state (hate the term 'remains'). I reckon there's no doubt that it is Tia (hence name on charge) but they can't officially record the body as being identified until someone (ie member of family) has officiall done this - right now, possibly too much to ask...

I really don't think they are going to ask a family member to id her now. They will be using other means such as DNA/dental records for a formal id.

Just going back to the original police search - I really wonder if they actually looked in the loft. They may have looked through all the rooms but possibly never even thought of looking there.

think i need to move to Scotland, something like that where i live would be at least twice that.

surprisingly cheap considering our area is the top area in glasgow or one of them something like that. my house is a 3bed back and front door massive gardens and 2 smallish front gardens and was only 33.000 thanks to the wonder of reposession

ive found my perfect house while looking on there a manor at a cool million and a half only 5/10mins drives from where i am.just gotta find myself a nice rich husband.hello are any out there :seeya::what:

surprisingly cheap considering our area is the top area in glasgow or one of them something like that.

ive found my perfect house while looking on there a manor at a cool million and a half only 5/10mins drives from where i am.just gotta find myself a nice rich husband.hello are any out there :seeya::what:

good luck with that lol

Just going back to the original police search - I really wonder if they actually looked in the loft. They may have looked through all the rooms but possibly never even thought of looking there.

i would imagine that this will be revealed to the press and public once the Police investigation is completed

Well the police say they did. They said they looked in the place where the body was eventually found and that they should have found it on Sun 5th Aug.

Possibly, as has been said on here in earlier posts, they lifted the hatch and scanned around with a torch and called it job done.

As an aside, I have heard suggestions that the dog that went in on the 8th did alert but the police thought that meant a body had been in the house but had been moved and that's when they started checking the garbage bins etc. I haven't checked that against a timeline and it is just a rumour....

i wonder if we will ever find out here in the loft she was actually found and what is actually up there in terms of any flooring or just the beams

They have already stated in the apology statement that they did search the place the body was discovered.

Possibly against procedure the officer poked his/her head through the loft hatch and did a visual with a torch. Didn't see/smell anything suspicious.

I would think assuming death was on Thursday evening, that the body would still smell quite bad 24-48hrs later when the police did the search.

But for all we know SH may have placed tins of paint and turps around the body to cover the smell?

They have already stated in the apology statement that they did search the place the body was discovered.

Possibly against procedure the officer poked his/her head through the loft hatch and did a visual with a torch. Didn't see/smell anything suspicious.

I would think assuming death was on Thursday evening, that the body would still smell quite bad 24-48hrs later when the police did the search.

But for all we know SH may have placed tins of paint and turps around the body to cover the smell?

Perhaps the police officer didn't have any sense of smell either.

Twitter -- ‏@JonClementsITV
Serious Case Review will look at what role social services, schools, police and other agencies may have played in #tiasharp's welfare

‏@JonClementsITV
Some members of #TiaSharp family known to public agencies - serious case review to examine if info sufficient and correctly acted on

Serious Case Review looks at any contact the Local authority may have had with the family, though it doesn't always mean that the child was known to Social Services- in a case like this it may investigate why she *wasn't* on the risk register

Hi guys. I've been following this but only just had my account verified.
Something that's been puzzling me.
There's a bit of a discrepency as to what Tia was wearing. Two newspapers reports-

"On the day she went missing Tia was wearing similar clothing to those in the CCTV still – but was wearing a yellow tube top instead of a vest and Nike trainers instead of Ugg boots."

"Asked what she was wearing, Stuart said: “She was wearing exactly what she had when she come up here because I washed her clothes that night. It was a yellow, one of them tight tube things, grey, like jeans but they weren’t jeans, leggings?”

So was she wearing "exactly" what she was wearing the night before or had she changed both her top and shoes?

He says the Ugg boots were up in her bedroom and that she went out wearing her trainers. Obviously we now know she never went anywhere.

So what happened to the trainers? Either she didn't have any trainers and he's made them up to account for the fact that her boots were still in the house (although I'm pretty sure the family would question where she'd got a pair of black and pink trainers from if they didn't actually exist) or he's disposed or them, (which seems pretty unlikely considering the the way the police were searching bins/woodland etc.)

The only other option I can see is that she was still wearing them in the loft. I'd say it could mean she was on her way out when she was killed.

RIP TIA x

There's a bit of a discrepency as to what Tia was wearing. Two newspapers reports-

"On the day she went missing Tia was wearing similar clothing to those in the CCTV still – but was wearing a yellow tube top instead of a vest and Nike trainers instead of Ugg boots."

"Asked what she was wearing, Stuart said: “She was wearing exactly what she had when she come up here because I washed her clothes that night. It was a yellow, one of them tight tube things, grey, like jeans but they weren’t jeans, leggings?”

So was she wearing "exactly" what she was wearing the night before or had she changed both her top and shoes?

He says the Ugg boots were up in her bedroom and that she went out wearing her trainers. Obviously we now know she never went anywhere.

So what happened to the trainers? Either she didn't have any trainers and he's made them up to account for the fact that her boots were still in the house (although I'm pretty sure the family would question where she'd got a pair of black and pink trainers from if they didn't actually exist) or he's disposed or them, (which seems pretty unlikely considering the the way the police were searching bins/woodland etc.)

The only other option I can see is that she was still wearing them in the loft. I'd say it could mean she was on her way out when she was killed.

RIP TIA x

IMO there's not many guys who notice what women wear. The only reason I can think of as to how he was so detailed was possibly due to the fact that he's had to keep staring at her dead body and wondering what to do with it. Therefore, he's had to pay attention to what she was wearing without even realising it.

E.T.A. Forgot to say Hi!

Hi Laurielee, there's so much about this case that's confusing, i'm really surprised the police let that man out of their site for more than a second given the number of discrepancies...

Me i'm still mainly stuck on the issue of the phones, although i'm sure it'll all come out eventually

BTW since the body hasn't been identified and yet he's been charged with her Murder (naming her without positive DNA etc) could that mean he's confessed in which case a body wouldn't be necessary?

IMO!

I suppose with some houses you don't know the extent of any renovation unless it's been through the town planner and I somehow doubt the vast majority of renovations that are done up and down this country have been passed by the planners.

Isn't is a council house? I'm sure I read that somewhere (but I do read the rags...) - and that would make them less likely to be rennovated, I guess?

I think the summary of peoples ideas on the matter is that;

a - It is difficult but possible to move a body into a loft on ones own (Assuming a hatch/no standard access loft setup)

b - It would be easier to do with help.

I presume the reason people keep discussing the difficulty of (a) is because that (b) yields an indication as to CS's involvement.

RIP TIA x

The fact she had no change of clothes makes me think she had not planned to stay the night on Thursday.

The information about the trainers could be because Tia was bare footed or in socks when he killed her and he forgot she had left her boots in the hall or else where and someone saw them. He could claim he bought her the trainers on a previous visit. Could be he had footwear on his mind so said she was going out to buy flipflops-highlighting the fact she could have bought trainers on a previous visit.

When it comes to crimes like this, the Police will only give the info they want to give as a lot of info even previously released and now redacted info is evidence in an ongoing case.

telling the public everything would seriously jeopardise any case which is still under investigation.

Isn't is a council house? I'm sure I read that somewhere (but I do read the rags...) - and that would make them less likely to be rennovated, I guess?

I think the summary of peoples ideas on the matter is that;

a - It is difficult but possible to move a body into a loft on ones own (Assuming a hatch/no standard access loft setup)

b - It would be easier to do with help.

I presume the reason people keep discussing the difficulty of (a) is because that (b) yields an indication as to CS's involvement.

Our next door neighbours was a council house too, it was the council who informed us what they'd done to the property as they had to come in and put the load bearing walls back up.

Your summary is correct from my point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member