GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few Questions about how things are done in the UK, Ive only lived here for a year so far.

Obviously Grandma isn't able to stay in her home presently....is she expected to fend for herself ie..stay with family or friends or does the state pay for an apartment and her living expenses although she has been arrested for suspicion of murder?

Was Tia's Mothers house searched by a forensic expert team?

Are Tia's mother and her partner still residing in their home or are they staying else where due to the publicity of the case?

I have a few Questions about how things are done in the UK, Ive only lived here for a year so far.

Obviously Grandma isn't able to stay in her home presently....is she expected to fend for herself ie..stay with family or friends or does the state pay for an apartment and her living expenses although she has been arrested for suspicion of murder?

Are Tia's mother and her partner still residing in their home or are they staying else where due to the publicity of the case?

I think the grandmother may be taken to a safe house as there is a serious risk to her safety. I very much doubt she would get an apartment or living expenses paid. I don't know if she would get unemployment benefit if she has been arrested on suspicion of committing a crime.

Haven't found the article where DN says he was expecting TS back on the Thursday by 6pm but was reminded of these DN quotes, which look entirely different if something happened to TS at this home rather than G'ma's.

"Tia’s stepfather David Niles, 29, insisted Mr Hazell had been doing housework at the home he shared with 46-year-old Mrs Sharp when the 12-year-old left."

Stepfather Mr Niles said: ‘Stuart was doing the housework when she left. He was hoovering, he couldn’t hear her. ‘His father… has it wrong. Stuart wasn’t walking with her. That girl left this house alone.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ned-2-hours-detectives-potential-witness.html

Thank you for linking this article...

It is the one I was wishing to refer to mentioning a male neighbor witnessing Tia on Friday and a female neighbor seeing Tia on fRiday, too...

though the females sighting was claimed in this article to be uncorroborated.

I bring this up mainly because both sightings... One from a male and one from a female... Are both referred to in one article.

ETA... Sorry for messy iPad typing... Difficult to correct.

And why so adamant over the statements made by his wife's ex. Why stick up for him?

Personally I think he was the supplier to the lot of them.

ETA - Protect the supplier and protect the SUPPLY. KWIM?

Regarding "Protect the supplier and protect the SUPPLY."

Well put... And a thought that has stayed with me throughout.

Otherwise... Why protect a seemingly jobless vagabond?

BIB Whoa. Where did they say that? I think I must have missed something. The police said

Wasn't it was only the media speculating that she may have been alive?

I thought I read a press quoting an officer as saying they are not sure whether the body had been moved?

A family member tells me on Friday 3rd they were mesmerised by two young girls in leopoard skin leggings. It was on a tram that had the potential to go to New Addington. \This family member was so concerned, as it bugged them that this might be a sighting of Tia, that they actually contacted the police.

Neither girl was Tia as far as is known.

"Mesmerised". Why so? What was mesmerising, did your family member expand on that?

as far as I know CS will likely be in a Police provided safe house.

there has been no reports of NS's home being searched, but police will definitely have attended the property.

DN & NS would be sensible to fins refuge away from prying eyes, so I'd imagine they are no longer in their own home

CS's house was a three bedroom house. It is believed Tia had one room, CS & SH had another, which leaves one spare. CS also used to have a lodger, but doesn't anymore (or there would be another name in the frame).

A lodger is a means of bringing in a very helpful additional income to a family. Doesn't it strike anyone as strange that there was a spare room in this house going begging?

Or is it possible that this room was used for some sort of other purpose, perhaps another business?

I thought I read a press quoting an officer as saying they are not sure whether the body had been moved?

Morning Moby,

It's possible you have read that. Often what happens is that, when information is released by police on a case, the media will talk to other officers, e.g. a retired detective or other police source known to them. When it was stated by the Met that they should have found the body on the second search, I'm sure the media will have asked their police sources how this could have happened. It doesn't necessarily mean that the officer they asked is working on the case and has inside info. Personally, if it's not a direct quote from the investigative officer(s), I tend not to place too much reliance on such statements. But that's just my view.

Morning Moby,

It's possible you have read that. Often what happens is that, when information is released by police on a case, the media will talk to other officers, e.g. a retired detective or other police source known to them. When it was stated by the Met that they should have found the body on the second search, I'm sure the media will have asked their police sources how this could have happened. It doesn't necessarily mean that the officer they asked is working on the case and has inside info. Personally, if it's not a direct quote from the investigative officer(s), I tend not to place too much reliance on such statements. But that's just my view.

I agree it was from a dubious source, but sometimes (just sometimes) they turn out to be accurate

I agree it was from a dubious source, but sometimes (just sometimes) they turn out to be accurate

True. Info does sometimes leak out. Or somebody makes a lucky guess which later turns out to be what actually happened.

Tweet from NA local councillor

Tony Pearson‏@N_AddCllrTony

Teddys and soft toys from Tia Sharp tribute to be donated to Great Ormond St Hospital at request of family

Tweet from NA local councillor

Tony Pearson‏@N_AddCllrTony

Teddys and soft toys from Tia Sharp tribute to be donated to Great Ormond St Hospital at request of family

as good a destination as any....

New (I think) article from Croydon Today

Tia Sharp: Bungled police search may cause trial problem

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk...-cause-trial/story-16761474-detail/story.html

Julian Young, a London solicitor advocate – equivalent to a barrister – who has represented in criminal cases for 35 years, including more than 200 homicide cases, said: "Without a cause of death, it makes the prosecution's job incredibly difficult.

"If you are charged with murder, it means that X kills the victim unlawfully, not accidentally, therefore you have to be able to prove how that person died.

"The prosecution has to provide how the victim died and who did it, and if the pathologist comes back and says, 'we can't find cause of death', the Crown has got really serious problems.

"It is as simple as that. They have got to prove something unlawful has been done."

True. Info does sometimes leak out. Or somebody makes a lucky guess which later turns out to be what actually happened.

Newspapers have source checkers and I am sure there are quite a few journalists that have integrity and do a lot of hard investigative footwork, do misquotes happen, yup...But facts also get printed.

Newspapers have source checkers and I am sure there are quite a few journalists that have integrity and do a lot of hard investigative footwork, do misquotes happen, yup...But facts also get printed.

BIB Yes, of course they do. But some newspapers seem to use quotes from sources unrelated to the case in question in order to "suggest" things to the public. As I said, it's just my view.

Now that we have 24-hour news channels and internet, things are a lot different from the old days when newspapers came out daily or weekly. Facts do get printed, sure - and details sometimes get checked and mistakes corrected, but often not before they've been circulated and read by thousands of people. Reporters just aren't given time to ensure accuracy nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld