UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought the same. Fully expected it to be from the cyclist that chased him.

Man chased by cyclist' - eyewitnesspublished at 16:28​

16:28​

Mr Wright said he "heard commotion" behind him and saw a cyclist "chasing a man".

"I thought this was all strange and odd but tried to remain calm," Mr Wright said.

"I could see the cyclist had reached the guy down the hill and they had a quick interaction.

"We saw that and then turned around and walked back the way we came.

"Then the cyclist came back towards us alone when we got back to the Leigh Woods side of the bridge."
This is the strangest part for me after following so many cases on here. It could suggest CCTV guy doesn't live more than a bike ride away from the bridge.

Really identifiable photos they released. It shouldn't be difficult for someone to identify him and perhaps the victim as well IMO when suitcases are used in the disposal of a persons remains it feels quite personal. I presume the suspect & the victim were at least well-acquainted with one another but I suppose we won't know until proper identification of both parties. All MOO

shouting in spanish reportedly.....possibly from Domincan Republic or somewhere similar?.....obviously going to be based in the Bristol area i'd think
This is such a strange one he doesn’t even attempt to hide his face or anything.

I have my doubts that he can be a long time resident of Bristol.

Anybody who knows Bristol I’m guessing will know of the CCTV and security presence in the area it’s not the place you’d go to dump a body IMO if you knew the area.

I’m guessing it’s more likely to be somebody who has only moved into the area very very recently.

He’s got very distinctive soles on his shoes - they don’t look ideal for running in either

The police must have an idea of where this happened as well, as that will be where the taxi collected him from. I’m guessing it was too heavy to carry both suitcases as he appears to have moved each suitcase separately on the bridge.

The police must have an idea of where this happened as well, as that will be where the taxi collected him from. I’m guessing it was too heavy to carry both suitcases as he appears to have moved each suitcase separately on the bridge.
Neighbours might have heard a power saw being used. And he might have had to visit a DIY store to get the saw and other things.

Those pictures don’t look like cctv to me they look like someone has actually approached him and taken pictures using their smartphone
Apparently someone chased him for a bit? I don't understand why. If I saw someone dump suitcases late at night by a bridge, I might snap photos if I could and call it in to police (especially since it seems like at least one suitcase was bloody!), but wouldn't I shout or chase the person - out of protection for myself. I wonder why the need to try to stop the person? Was something else going on? That is a bit puzzling to me.

jmo

Chief Inspector Haywood-Melen said police do not think the suspect is a danger to the community but they're aware of the worry the incident will have caused.

---
I thought that was a bit of an unusual thing to say given the circumstances.
I though the chief inspector said that LE simply didn't know if the suspect posed a danger to the public ("At this stage we're not aware of any current risk...").
IMO he could be dangerous if he perceived that he was cornered or discovered, even randomly. He might try to hide on someone's property.

I have to say that if the man is a Bristol resident, it is a seriously bizarre place to dump the cases like that on the bridge. Everyone in Bristol (I lived there for years and my direct family still do, and live in Clifton) knows that the suspension bridge was a hotspot for suicides and is covered with high fences, security and CCTV and is a popular spot for people to go and visit, even at night for the views over Bristol, or sitting on the green nearby.

If he went thinking he would be able to dump the cases over the bridge into the water, it makes me think it could be someone from outside the Bristol area. It only takes about 5 minutes to walk down a path from the suspension bridge right to the river bank, in a much less populated and camera-covered area, where he would have been able to dispose of the cases without half as much interaction.

However if it is someone from outside of Bristol - why on earth would you travel into the city to dispose of remains like that? Also doesn't make sense.

The logic of the decision baffles me. Leigh Woods where they are searching now is also a known hiding spot.

I hope this is not connected to the young lad that went missing a few months ago.

Judging by the fact that he took a taxi (quite a risk, especially with seemingly fresh remains), he doesn't appear to have access to a car. How does he move around the city/country? Does he use public transport? Lots of possibilities to be seen on CCTV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalto677
Back