TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

July 9

Volunteers with the Uvalde Foundation for Kids are helping search for missing Texas college student Caleb Harris — three weeks after city workers found human remains near the 21-year-old’s apartment.

Volunteers with the foundation’s STOPNOW school patrol teams arrived Friday in Corpus Christi, Texas, to aid in the search, the foundation said on Facebook.
In the same article: "Authorities aren’t sure how Harris’ body ended up in the well or how long it had been there." Oof.

In the same article: "Authorities aren’t sure how Harris’ body ended up in the well or how long it had been there." Oof.
Part of that will be determined by the medical examiner, and it seems like we could be waiting a while for that determination. I fully expect that we'll learn it had been there from the beginning (the determination may be more general than that though).

Part of that will be determined by the medical examiner, and it seems like we could be waiting a while for that determination. I fully expect that we'll learn it had been there from the beginning (the determination may be more general than that though).
The article was about volunteers from the Uvalde foundation coming to town to search for Caleb, which implies that it was not his body found in the well (obviously truthfully we don't know either way yet).

The article goes on to say, "City water employees were doing maintenance in the area on June 24 when they discovered human remains in a wastewater collection well, the Corpus Christi Police Department said. The remains were too decomposed to identify, according to the Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office."

Then, "Authorities aren’t sure how Harris’ body ended up in the well or how long it had been there", when the article just said the remains were too decomposed to identify. Oof is for bad reporting.

The article was about volunteers from the Uvalde foundation coming to town to search for Caleb, which implies that it was not his body found in the well (obviously truthfully we don't know either way yet).

The article goes on to say, "City water employees were doing maintenance in the area on June 24 when they discovered human remains in a wastewater collection well, the Corpus Christi Police Department said. The remains were too decomposed to identify, according to the Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office."

Then, "Authorities aren’t sure how Harris’ body ended up in the well or how long it had been there", when the article just said the remains were too decomposed to identify. Oof is for bad reporting.
Ha!, missed that. That organization is a complete grift too. I mentioned this earlier, but they came into the Riley Strain case late, and said they'd be searching away from the water, which made absolutely no sense. Here they've not only come in late, but come in when his body has almost certainly been found. It's a ploy for attention, even though they claim they aren't accepting donations for this, their PayPal link is still active on their website.

So, hypothetically, did Caleb perhaps find the manhole cover off of its hole and decide to go inside, only to be trapped by someone coming and putting it back? Did he remove it himself?

Or did someone else know of this place and thought of it earlier as a body disposal spot? This is the idea I keep having (because I still believe he met up with someone he thought he knew or was a neighbor, etc).

Sounds like the rumor mill is running as usual - and I'm guessing, like most of you, that CH's body has been found. Horrifyingly sad in any case.

So, hypothetically, did Caleb perhaps find the manhole cover off of its hole and decide to go inside, only to be trapped by someone coming and putting it back? Did he remove it himself?

Or did someone else know of this place and thought of it earlier as a body disposal spot? This is the idea I keep having (because I still believe he met up with someone he thought he knew or was a neighbor, etc).

Sounds like the rumor mill is running as usual - and I'm guessing, like most of you, that CH's body has been found. Horrifyingly sad in any case.
I think the unproven theory that Caleb was on mushrooms and wandering around and fell into the manhole makes the most sense. It's similar to the David Schulz case. Misadventure makes no sense until you add in a substance that makes a person nonsensical.

I thought that removing a manhole cover required the use of some sort of special tool but then again, it maybe dependent on how large the manhole cover itself is. Do we know for certain that investigators identified a manhole in the area that had been left uncovered?

I'm leaning more towards this event being more accidental or possibly even intentional vs a meet up gone wrong. The area was very close to Caleb's apartment and I'm assuming the area had to have been crawling with police and search parties for some time after he went missing. A perpetrator would have to be crazy lurking in the area searching for a body disposal site considering the increased amount of media attention focused on Caleb's case.

Thank you, I was confused if it was confirmed that it was Caleb or not. Bad reporting at this point until confirmed either way. IMO

Im pretty sure Newsnation is not an approved source, correct me if I’m wrong? In the Riley Strain discussion, my post was deleted when I linked an interview done by them with the family’s friend/rep who was also present during the press conference with LE. Mods?

Im pretty sure Newsnation is not an approved source, correct me if I’m wrong? In the Riley Strain discussion, my post was deleted when I linked an interview done by them with the family’s friend/rep who was also present during the press conference with LE. Mods?
I actually thought that it was an approved source, but maybe I’m wrong.

This excerpt of “The Consult” podcast (Profiling Concepts -11/12/21) three former FBI Profilers discuss the idea of staging/moving a body. It relates to the theories posted over the past week -whether the remains got there via misadventure or were intentionally placed there by an unknown person.

“Staging often occurs when the offender believes that if the true nature of the crime were discovered, they'd be prioritized as a suspect. And staging is really high risk.

As an offender, you're spending more time at a crime scene, which is counterintuitive. You know, your contact with a crime scene, both in duration and in amount, it puts you at a rising level of risk. The longer you spend at a crime scene and the more that you're in physical contact with the crime scene, the more likely it is that you'll be apprehended.

Yet an individual who engages in staging has decided that if they don't take this extra time to put things in place that will create a different impression than what really occurred. If they don't do this, they're going to be caught. They have to increase their risk and go against what would normally be good common sense for a criminal is to minimize your contact with a crime scene.

They have to have a little bit more involvement with the crime scene with the hope that investigators or whoever comes upon this crime scene will not see the real motive […]”

“If the offender has no connection to the victim, they would most likely flee immediately and avoid having continued contact with the crime scene. Moving a body.

Think about it. You've killed someone and then you're going to spend extra time putting them into the trunk of your car and driving. I mean, imagine the feeling of doing something like that.

You wouldn't do it if you didn't need to. If you didn't think there was going to be a connection made if the police saw the scene for what it was.

There is a term called no body homicide where someone is thought to be missing and lo and behold, it turns out that they're actually the victims of a homicide. And just as you said, Julia, if the body is obscured, then someone had an extreme interest in either preventing or delaying the discovery of the murder and would rather have the impression that this victim disappeared. And if they disappeared, then there are more suspects or countless suspects that it could have been if they were foul play.

“When these things happen and it's discovered that, in fact, that it is a murder, almost in any case I can think of, it is someone who is intimately involved with this victim and knows that the discovery of their status as a murdered person will prioritize them as a suspect.”

From The Consult: Real FBI Profilers: Profiling Concepts, Nov 12, 2021
This material may be protected by copyright.

This excerpt of “The Consult” podcast (Profiling Concepts -11/12/21) three former FBI Profilers discuss the idea of staging/moving a body. It relates to the theories posted over the past week -whether the remains got there via misadventure or were intentionally placed there by an unknown person.

“Staging often occurs when the offender believes that if the true nature of the crime were discovered, they'd be prioritized as a suspect. And staging is really high risk.

As an offender, you're spending more time at a crime scene, which is counterintuitive. You know, your contact with a crime scene, both in duration and in amount, it puts you at a rising level of risk. The longer you spend at a crime scene and the more that you're in physical contact with the crime scene, the more likely it is that you'll be apprehended.

Yet an individual who engages in staging has decided that if they don't take this extra time to put things in place that will create a different impression than what really occurred. If they don't do this, they're going to be caught. They have to increase their risk and go against what would normally be good common sense for a criminal is to minimize your contact with a crime scene.

They have to have a little bit more involvement with the crime scene with the hope that investigators or whoever comes upon this crime scene will not see the real motive […]”

“If the offender has no connection to the victim, they would most likely flee immediately and avoid having continued contact with the crime scene. Moving a body.

Think about it. You've killed someone and then you're going to spend extra time putting them into the trunk of your car and driving. I mean, imagine the feeling of doing something like that.

You wouldn't do it if you didn't need to. If you didn't think there was going to be a connection made if the police saw the scene for what it was.

There is a term called no body homicide where someone is thought to be missing and lo and behold, it turns out that they're actually the victims of a homicide. And just as you said, Julia, if the body is obscured, then someone had an extreme interest in either preventing or delaying the discovery of the murder and would rather have the impression that this victim disappeared. And if they disappeared, then there are more suspects or countless suspects that it could have been if they were foul play.

“When these things happen and it's discovered that, in fact, that it is a murder, almost in any case I can think of, it is someone who is intimately involved with this victim and knows that the discovery of their status as a murdered person will prioritize them as a suspect.”

From The Consult: Real FBI Profilers: Profiling Concepts, Nov 12, 2021
This material may be protected by copyright.
This is very illuminating.
It makes an accident seem more likely.
And if Caleb DID meet with foul play, and was placed in the lift station system, it would mean that the killer took extraordinary risk by not just leaving him. Someone “intimately” involved with him, as the above states — close to him, not a random hookup.

This is very illuminating.
It makes an accident seem more likely.
And if Caleb DID meet with foul play, and was placed in the lift station system, it would mean that the killer took extraordinary risk by not just leaving him. Someone “intimately” involved with him, as the above states — close to him, not a random hookup.

All his roommates have airclad albis?
What about any bullies or enemies locally?
Anyone harrassing him online?
I'd look into those closest to him first and expand.

All his roommates have airclad albis?
What about any bullies or enemies locally?
Anyone harrassing him online?
I'd look into those closest to him first and expand.
Right, what the FBI profiler said in that article would, barring accidental death, make me think of a roommate. But law enforcement has stated implicitly that they have been fully cleared.

Does anyone know if his parents visited regularly or did he go home with any regularity?
They seem to be a very close family and we know that Caleb shared a love for fishing with his father, so it is likely that they fished together, probably in the area where Caleb lived as it is an area with great fishing as has been posted on this thread early on. Also, we know that Caleb's mother had just visited recently and that Caleb and his sister had gone fishing together recently. Caleb and his father were talking on the phone the night before Caleb went missing, talking about various lures and/or fish bait that Caleb had planned for his fishing expedition on the Monday that he disappeared. Caleb also sent his sister a social media communication when he was out walking the new dog in the early morning hours of Monday when he disappeared.

IIRC, Caleb's roommates also knew Caleb's parents, so it sounds like they spent time together frequently.

Edited to add: Caleb's sister had visited recently and they had gone wade fishing together near his apartment.

Right, what the FBI profiler said in that article would, barring accidental death, make me think of a roommate. But law enforcement has stated implicitly that they have been fully cleared.

So someone he knows NOT roommates, or someone who stalked him online, has a digital trail so is worried about a connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatWal
Back