UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t know if it’s poorly written on the witness has jumped around but there seems to be 2 interactions between the cyclist & suspect

"We then stopped at the junction of the B3129 and Burwalls as we were thinking about what route to take. We decided to walk down Burwalls, then as we walked down we heard a commotion and a cyclist chasing a man, saw the guy run off and we decided to turn back towards the bridge”

"We got back to the bridge at around 11.55pm, spoke to the staff, and they called the police, and we waited for the police to arrive.“

“The man who had the cases ran from the bridge staff and I saw him being chased by a member of the public on a bike”

From a witness about the location of the suitcases:

"There were two suitcases, one left on the bridge with what appeared to be blood leaking from it, the other case was on the road just after the bridge on the Leigh Woods side,”

I’m guessing it was evident something was going on and the cyclist had a camera on him/her. Knowing he would turn if they had an altercation and knowing they were on a bike and would be able to get away- will have been the logic for what is a very brave action. The mention of 2 sightings of cyclists- may be one who cycled away after capturing their image, before circling back once they knew they were safely away from him, to see if the police appeared or they would want the image. It will have been safer to stop, shout, and continue going in the same direction away from the scene than trying to turn your bike around and possibly being grabbed or pushed off it. Alternatively it could have been two independent cyclists both heading home that evening.

This was clearly not a very well planned disposal…. CCTV all over that bridge, railings too high for a suitcase to be lifted over, taxi taken to the site of deposition!

Either they were in a hurry (due to it being an unplanned murder) or they are just not very clever.

JMO.

This was clearly not a very well planned disposal…. CCTV all over that bridge, railings too high for a suitcase to be lifted over, taxi taken to the site of deposition!

Either they were in a hurry (due to it being an unplanned murder) or they are just not very clever.

JMO.
If there wasn't a murder victim at the centre of it, it would almost be comical.

Instead, it's rather grim and infuriating. Someone so inept successfully killed someone, and that person doesn't get another tomorrow, and their family won't, in all likelihood, be able to have an open casket because of what he did to them after they died. Despicable.

MOO

Clifton Suspension Bridge is, and always has been, a toll bridge. It is open and manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the year.​

Clifton Suspension Bridge is, and always has been, a toll bridge. It is open and manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the year.​

It's contactless these days and although it may say it's manned 24/7 I haven't physically seen it manned in recent times. Not to say it's not, just that if you don't have to go to the toll house (which you only need to do it you can't use contactless) you would be none the wiser that there's anyone there. Or maybe I'm just unobservant! The bridge is usually patrolled at night by the amazing Suicide Prevention Bristol team though who are much more visible.

It's contactless these days and although it may say it's manned 24/7 I haven't physically seen it manned in recent times. Not to say it's not, just that if you don't have to go to the toll house (which you only need to do it you can't use contactless) you would be none the wiser that there's anyone there. Or maybe I'm just unobservant! The bridge is usually patrolled at night by the amazing Suicide Prevention Bristol team though who are much more visible.
Yes I wonder how the 24/7 thing works, I'd not like to be sat up there alone that's for sure!

By Tristan Cork 12 JUL 2024
1720778197261.png
The location of where the images were taken of the man wanted by police in connection with the discovery of body parts in two suitcases at the Clifton Suspension Bridge. (Image: Google Maps)
''Bristol Live can reveal the two photographs shared by the police were taken on the road outside the gates of the last house on Burwalls Road, the winding residential street leading south from Bridge Road, just before the junction with Rownham Hill.''

''It is not known where the wanted man went to after these photographs were taken, and that is a major part of the police investigation. He could have headed into the woods at Burwalls Camp, which lie to the south of the Suspension Bridge, and ultimately descended the hill through the woods to end up on the river path at Ashton Meadows. Then kept going onto Rownham Hill and continued down the main road into Bower Ashton, turned west into Ashton Court, or returned back up into Leigh Woods village.''

With no arrests overnight, police are reiterating their calls for the public to get in touch urgently with any sightings of a suspect

I thought he might have been caught overnight, feels like he tried to dispose of them in such an unplanned manner, that he wouldn’t be very good at hiding/covering his tracks.

Last edited:
It seems that the action on the bridge started around 11:35:

One eyewitness described the scene which unfolded from around 11.35pm, and said the man, who is being hunted by police ran off down Burwalls, the residential lane leading down to Rownham Hill.

Why does the bridge have staff ??

Potentially yes but it would still be an odd request to be dropped that near the start of the bridge in the direction he was coming from as the taxi driver would not have anywhere to turn around - you have to pay to cross the bridge in a vehicle
i imagine that the taxi driver will have a lot of questions to answer . Was it him that called police? did he drive off?

This guy isn’t the brightest bulb is he?

Calls a taxi to take him somewhere and he’s got a body or bodies in two suitcases to begin with. Then he gets let out with said suitcases, leaking blood, on a toll bridge, that is manned 24/7.

His shoes are quite distinctive and the picture of him is quite discernible. Someone must know him.

MOO

I think based on the direction he went after the bridge that he doesn't know the area well. He could have turned right after the bridge and headed straight into Leigh Woods which is huge and has numerous access points.

Their actions scream panic to me, no plan at all.

I think based on the direction he went after the bridge that he doesn't know the area well. He could have turned right after the bridge and headed straight into Leigh Woods which is huge and has numerous access points.

Their actions scream panic to me, no plan at all.
I agree, seems full of panic. I'm surprised they haven't got him yet, surely he's on foot? Or another taxi out? I'm still catching up though so I might have missed information. jmo.

Why does the bridge have staff ??
You have to pay to cross it, most payments are contactless, but you can go into the visitor centre bit to pay by other means I believe.
It's also a suicide spot, so not sure if they monitor that side of things, but like another posted mentioned there are other people who patrol there for that.
Thirdly it's really old, and they run tours etc

Last edited:
You have to pay to cross it, most payments are contactless, but you can go into the visitor centre bit to pay by other means I believe.
It's also a suicide spot, so not sure if they monitor that side of things, but like another posted mentioned there are other people who patrol there for that.
Thirdly it's really old, and thru run tours etc
Thanks for the info

Thirdly it's really old, and thru run tours etc
The bridge in this suitcase case isn't just a regular bridge, but quite an important (and dangerous) part of the city infrastructure and it doesn't surprise me that is manned.

As an aside, there is a walkway over a major bridge near me and one afternoon my husband and I took a walk over it. He stopped to stretch, using the rail of the fencing to stretch his leg. Bam, out of nowhere two officers arrived to make sure everything was okay. I don't know where they came from, but we obviously were on camera somewhere.

I mention that because even though I know the bridge is staffed, has cameras, etc. it still surprised me that it was staffed and we were on camera! I'm not convinced the guy is totally new to the area just because he picked that location.

Also, he might have been headed elsewhere but the cab driver kicked him out early - we don't know yet.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back