UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks as if Scotts Road is closed from the junction with Devonport Road

Oh wow, I know that area quite well as I used to have a boyfriend who lived in an adjacent road. They are fairly quiet (for London) residential side streets off of Goldhawk Road which is full of shops, takeaways, bus stops etc and usually has people wandering around 24 hours a day.

The Avon, from the CSB was a bizarre choice. It is tidal and at low tide the gorge is mostly mud where abandoned suitcases would be very visible. The tidal channel at low tide is narrow so you would be luck to get the cases into the right bit.

If you could get them over the security fence. Highly unlikely.

I too wonder if they meant to go to the Severn Bridge.

It does seem likely that the other man and possible woman would have picked him up once he went on the run. They could be anywhere.
In the same way people who are unfamiliar with London think Tower Bridge is called "London Bridge", maybe he and his accomplices thought that the Severn Bridge is called "Clifton Suspension Bridge?"

If you were travelling in your own vehicle you could see why they might be transported a long distance. But to use public transport/taxi to do it seems baffling.

Unless, like @EmilyDillon2020 posited in a previous post, this guy was paid to dispose of the cases. Maybe he didn't know what was in them until they started leaking and then he realized there was a big issue and tried to get rid of them quickly?

Unless, like @EmilyDillon2020 posited in a previous post, this guy was paid to dispose of the cases. Maybe he didn't know what was in them until they started leaking and then he realized there was a big issue and tried to get rid of them quickly?

I doubt that. Getting paid to dispose of two heavy suitcases? What else would you think was in them? Got to be something very dodgy anyway. But I agree he might not be the one who killed them.

I agree that he may have been disposing of them for somebody else but the argument still stands that doing it by public transport/taxi over such a long distance seems very strange.

I doubt that. Getting paid to dispose of two heavy suitcases? What else would you think was in them? Got to be something very dodgy anyway. But I agree he might not be the one who killed them.
I find it strange that he was not the one the witness saw with the suitcases about half an hour earlier near The Mall pub. Where/when did he get into the picture?

The option is also there that whoever did kill the two individuals wanted them found for whatever reason - a warning, a message, whatever. And so the idea was to put them in the Avon which as another commenter mentioned is tidal and would likely wash them up onto the mud banks. I would imagine that with a high level of decomposition, with few if any DNA links to the killer after sitting in the water for so long would be a much more difficult case for LE to crack, especially when they're not connected to the city in which they were found, and are being investigated by a different police force. However I do think this is an unlikely theory.

As I said in a previous post before the London link came in, I also agree that the suspect being looked for is not from Bristol. Anyone who knows Bristol knows of much more secluded spots than the CSB, even in the immediate area. I think the likelihood of the guy being used as a mule on an 'ask no questions' basis is quite possible too.

To murder and dismember two people, pack them into cases, and transport them ~130 miles to a different major city isn't exactly an easy operation, and requires some level of planning, even if it's bad planning.

The Severn Bridge theory is interesting, but I think that's also a bit bizarre. For those that know the area, the Severn Bridge is literally a motorway (M48) that goes from Bristol into Wales. It's not a pedestrian friendly bridge like CSB. If they were trying to get to Wales, and got the wrong bridge, that is a possibility. But then why go to Bristol in the first place, when trains run regularly to Newport and Cardiff?

However you look at it, CSB is a really odd place to dispose of bodies. The pub is also another curveball. That pub is right by CSB. How/why did the suitcases and the individual get to the pub? Why did the taxi take them 2 minutes drive (if that) down the road and then drop them off? I also suspect the taxi driver stopped unexpectedly and kicked the man and the cases out, hence why he was seen panicking - the plan was all going wrong.

skynews-bristol-shepherds-bush_6624957.jpg

A private ambulance arrived at the scene in Shepherd's Bush at 6.30pm, according to PA new agency.

Does a private ambulance arriving indicate that some human remains were found at the house in Shepherd's Bush?

A private ambulance arrived at the scene in Shepherd's Bush at 6.30pm, according to PA new agency.

Does a private ambulance arriving indicate that some human remains were found at the house in Shepherd's Bush?
Forensics were on the scene today too, which also implies something of note was found there with the ambulance following. Sounds awful but perhaps not everything fit in the suitcases.

Woman joked 'are there bodies in here' as she helped suitcase suspect​

A witness has said he saw two men lugging the suitcases into a taxi as he waited for his own cab on Wednesday night - and overheard a shocking conversation.

He overheard a woman joking with the pair, asking innocently if they "had bodies inside".

Giles Malone told LBC: "My wife and I were watching the football game with my dad in Clifton Village and we left my dad's flat at 10.30pm after the football game. We were waiting for an Uber on the corner by the pub and we were stood there waiting for our car.

"A man and another man got out of another car across the street and they were lifting these suitcases across the road for some reason, right by us.

"Another lady started to help them and the lady who was helping them said 'these are the heaviest suitcases I've ever lifted. What's in them? bodies?' We sort of semi-joked about it but they didn't say anything."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WickedDreamer83
Back