UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps the perp would have returned to the victims' home and tried to get rid of the rest of the remains/evidence had he not been interrupted dumping the suitcases in Bristol.
IMO it seems more likely that he wasn't a stranger to them.

So the victims had lived in that place for over 26 years? I'll take the leap and say they were much older than the perp. I don't think this was a drug cartel or organized crime, but, at this point, it looks like young man who preyed on an older couple.

jmo
I think his age has been corrected from 24 to 34.

Perhaps the perp would have returned to the victims' home and tried to get rid of the rest of the remains/evidence had he not been interrupted dumping the suitcases in Bristol.
IMO it seems more likely that he wasn't a stranger to them.
That could very well be. Odd choice to try to get rid of so much at one time - the suitcases clearly were not to up the task and smaller batches might have been easier. (Apologies for the gruesomeness of this conversation.)

I'm glad he failed at getting away with this undetected, and his apparent haste in disposing so much at one time makes me think this was not planned in advance (or he was a bad planner).

Speculation only.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more

Just got caught up. I'm amazed that they managed to get from London to Bristol via train. They must have thought themselves invincible following that achievement. And then it all went downhill.

Last edited:
I think his age has been corrected from 24 to 34.
I'm referring to the neighbor's comment that Paul and Albert had lived in their apartment for all her life, and she is 26. Therefore, I'm concluding the victims are much older than the perp. Whether he is 24 or 34, I think his victims were both older than he is.

Not a fact, just guessing from the neighbor's comment.

jmo

So the victims had lived in that place for over 26 years? I'll take the leap and say they were much older than the perp. I don't think this was a drug cartel or organized crime, but, at this point, it looks like young man who preyed on an older couple.

jmo
Yes. Maybe a case of Cuckooing that is very common in UK MOO

Yes. Maybe a case of Cuckooing that is very common in UK MOO
I didn't know that term and had to look it up:

"Cuckooing is a practice where people take over a person’s home and use the property to facilitate exploitation. It takes the name from cuckoos who take over the nests of other birds."

The "exploitation" seems to refer to using the place for drug and/or human trafficking.

More info at the link: Cuckooing – Oxford City Council

I didn't know that term and had to look it up:

"Cuckooing is a practice where people take over a person’s home and use the property to facilitate exploitation. It takes the name from cuckoos who take over the nests of other birds."

The "exploitation" seems to refer to using the place for drug and/or human trafficking.

More info at the link: Cuckooing – Oxford City Council
Yes. Often the person whos home is taken over is vulnerable or an addict themselves. Have heard of many of these cases and they often end up with violence or murder.
Very sad if this has happened in this case
MOO

Yes. Often the person whos home is taken over is vulnerable or an addict themselves. Have heard of many of these cases and they often end up with violence or murder.
Very sad if this has happened in this case
MOO
It is sad to know that is happening to people, but my hunch is cuckooing isn't the motivation in this case. Who would want a bloody drug/human trafficking den? Seems like cuckooing perps just move in and make the victim a prisoner or make them so miserable they leave. The cuckoos seem to take "the easy way" of barging in homes, not necessarily a violent approach.

Killing and dismembering the residents doesn't seem necessary to cuckoo...but, then again, maybe the victims fought back? IDK.

Thinking aloud, brainstorming, speculating. imo

jmo

I did wonder about a potential drugs link when Colombia was mentioned. I would imagine those cartels have had bases in major european cities for many years. But I am also keen not to jump to any conclusions, and accept that maybe the guy just happens to be Colombian and it's totally unrelated to drugs.
I tend to agree. I also had thought 24 was a very young age for a crime like this, but 34 makes a lot more sense to me. Not sure why I have that bias as I think the one who moved the body of a murdered female in a taxi in the Birmingham area a couple of years back was quite young?

But I would expect any OC crime cover up to be far less haphazard than this and not one guy dragging two bodies half way across England all by himself. OC should assign more people to a job like this and provide vehicles and a decent dump site. This guy doesn't seem to have had good advice or backup, which suggests to me that he was acting alone. Especially if LE aren't looking for anyone else.

Some info on the potential victims (the suspect could not have lived there for that long):

In Shepherd's Bush, neighbours named the men who lived at an address that police were searching on Friday in Scotts Road as Paul and Albert.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed the search was linked to the investigation but would not confirm whether the address was linked to the suspect or the victims.

Rebecca, who lives opposite the couple, said: "I've been here for 26 years so they've been here my whole life.

"They seemed quiet, they seemed happy, cheerful, waving at everyone. The smaller one, Albert, rode a bike."

She said police "smashed the door down" at the address early on Friday morning.

Wondering if the investigation impacted Bristol's Pride celebrations in any way? speculation, imo,

It kind of feels that way, but I’m not sure any of this can really be described as ‘organised’.

Obviously there’s a tragic and horrific story behind it, but it’s almost comical. What’s the plan here? Transport two bodies in suitcases from London to Bristol for some reason and somehow, take a taxi to the city’s best known landmark which is also a 24 hour toll bridge teeming with CCTV, and… throw them 250 ft into a river in a fairly busy area on the night of a massive football game everyone was watching so up late? Without Googling to check the bridge doesn’t have a massive fence making it impossible anyway? Absolutely no chance any of this causes a scene, wonderful plan.
Plus left other body parts behind to be found/traced so really what was the point?

possible since the witness said he saw a white man and a blonde lady with Yostin but nothing much else has been said of the 2
He was quite positive that the black man he saw was not the same person as the one on the photo released by the police, ie Yostin.

He also said there was a car (NOT a taxi) with the boot open which he assumed they had arrived in. I think this was a completely separate incident. The two men carried the first suitcase (which he said was more like a trunk) across the road. Then the woman appeared, and my guess is that she was the driver of the car.
The men assumed that the Uber was for them, which suggests that they had booked one. I think this has all been looked into by the police and eliminated.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst
Back