UK- Two suitcases believed to contain human remains found, man seen acting suspiciously @ Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol, 11 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn’t make much sense that they were transported all the way from London to Bristol without seeming to take the most basic of steps to cover his tracks.
I still think the perp wanted the victims to be found in Bristol and hoped suspicion would be placed on someone attending pride celebrations. So, it makes sense he wouldn't remove any identification from the luggage.

jmopinion

It was said that Yostin Mosquera did require a Spanish interpreter during his first court appearance. I’ll find the source now but it seems to me he was not fluent in english if this is the case.

Man appears at Old Bailey after men's remains found in suitcases

“The defendant, a Colombian national, appeared via video link and was remanded into custody. He listened intently as his Spanish interpreter relayed proceedings.”

It was said that Yostin Mosquera did require a Spanish interpreter during his first court appearance. I’ll find the source now but it seems to me he was not fluent in english if this is the case.

Man appears at Old Bailey after men's remains found in suitcases

“The defendant, a Colombian national, appeared via video link and was remanded into custody. He listened intently as his Spanish interpreter relayed proceedings.”

Legal language in Court is complex
so usually foreigners get interpreters,
making sure they understand everything.

But I also wonder what level his knowledge of English is.
Possibly just everyday simple phrases.

There's also a possibility (though perhaps a slim one) that he may not have read English very well, and therefore may not have understood UK luggage tags.
I'm pretty sure he would have recognised the names of the deceased persons on them though, considering he knew them (same names regardless of language?) JMO.

I'm pretty sure he would have recognised the names of the deceased persons on them though, considering he knew them (same names regardless of language?) JMO.

It depends what was actually on the cases. The MSN article only states: "Information on the suitcases linked them to an address in Scotts Road in London." Names are possible, but it also could have been something a foreign visitor to the country might not so easily recognise.

But as @Inthedetails noted, it's also quite possible he *wanted* the suitcases to be found and identified, and was hoping the police would assume they had been murdered during their planned trip to Bristol.

Legal language in Court is complex
so usually foreigners get interpreters,
making sure they understand everything.

But I also wonder what level his knowledge of English is.
Possibly just everyday simple phrases.
Yes, he would have been advised to accept an interpreter.
Another advantage is that it gives you extra thinking time when responding to questions.

He may have a good command of English. Lots of people learn English, and many pick it up from American films and TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x
Back