Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nadia has deleted all of her Instagram posts and made her account private
If she wants to move on she'll change her name, dye her hair (back?)- and move to Oregon. Maybe get a nose job and gain some weight. Lie low.

She'll be fine, apply to law or nursing or medical or other graduate program and move on.

Too bad she won't be answering to her role in this. Privilege always has its privileges.

“Help Them Prosecute” ?
... the Harmon family made sure to point out in their statement that only the father was responsible for the kidnapping. I'm thinking they must be trying to get Nadia on their side so that Nadia can help them prosecute Aaron. Otherwise, why else would they let Nadia get away with all of this?
sbm. @scriabina Not following this ^.
I’m not sure what Nadia “GOT AWAY WITH” in terms of criminal or civil liability. Aiding or abetting by assisting AA w custodial interference is the only possible offense coming immed’ly to mind. Any other ideas?
Not saying that Nadia’s actions in this escapade reflect well on her.

IIUC ^ line of thought = Harmon family (I’m interpreting as parents of Samara Harmon, Seraya's Mother & ex-wife of AA) issued/posted public stmt, in hopes that AA’s (now presumably ex-finance) Nadia Cole will “help them prosecute” baby Seraya's Father AA.

If I have that straight, is ^ post also saying, SH parents (likely) will/should ---
- Encourage prosecutor to file CRIMINAL charge against AA, for interference w child custody or similar crim offense?
Afaik, Samara’s parents had not been granted any custodial rights, but they could urge prosecutor to act; they may be called to testify. But pressing charges?
Samara herself could press prosecutor to act, as it seems pretty clear that AA violated ct. orders re custody of baby. Seems likely that has already occurred.

Or SM’s PARENTS urging filing re crim offense OTHER than custodial interference, such as ____? IDK, maybe child endangerment or child neglect? Anyone?

SM’s PARENTS filing CIVIL suit against AA HIMSELF for __, well for what? IDK.

If I have misunderstood ^ post, my apologies; sometimes I just misread and go off on a tangent.

Regardless, a tragic situation.

Last edited:
my husband was taken by his biological father who had weekend visitation rights at the age of 6. He was not returned to his mother after the weekend and the police were called.This was in NJ. They tracked the father down in VA with the intention to take my husband to FL for good. He was returned to his mother by helicopter and never saw his father again

It appears Aaron is STILL in custody in Arizona. Any legal eagles know why it is taking going on two weeks for extradition? Kohberger was sent to Idaho in a few days.

It's frustrating as heck to know he's sitting in jail, allowing his family to continue with their online spin?

It appears Aaron is STILL in custody in Arizona. Any legal eagles know why it is taking going on two weeks for extradition? Kohberger was sent to Idaho in a few days.

It's frustrating as heck to know he's sitting in jail, allowing his family to continue with their online spin?
Is he fighting extradition? Because that could delay things, for sure.

I've not seen anything recent posted by AA's family. Maybe the family has posted online on sites I never read. But if so, those posts don't appear to have been reported by the MSM. The only recent family statement I've seen comes from SH's family. It contains their viewpoint (some might say "their spin") as any personal family statement would.

As @iamshadow21 says, it's possible AA could be fighting extradition (although I personally kind of doubt it.) It doesn't surprise me though that Brian Kohberger was quickly retrieved from Pennsylvania by Idaho. He was, after all, a suspected quadruple murderer. Custodial Interference just isn't the same level of crime. Plus, AA's not going to Idaho anyway making a comparison to BK less apt for that reason. I believe he's being charged in Whitman County, in Washington. We have no idea what their budget might be for out of state travel. Plus, I'm not an attorney but I THINK the speedy trial clock doesn't start running until arraignment in Washington. There could be reasons that works for the state.

Somehow I doubt AA is enjoying himself too much sitting in jail in Arizona. It's also unclear to me why a lack of extradition would allow his family to engage in more online spin than if he were back in Washington (assuming they are-- as I said I've seen nothing recent myself.)
MOO

Felony custodial interference.

What kind of punishment could Aaron receive?

This is a bit of a double-edged sword. If Aaron gets actual jail time, he can't pay child support, and I think the Harmons could probably use the money to help provide for Seraya. MOO

Cases like this one, in which both parents love the child but one did something bad, are better settled in family court.

Rather than locking up AA, I think I'd prefer to see a judge give Samara full custody and order only supervised visits for AA and his family. AA needs to work and pay child support. MOO

Somehow I doubt AA is enjoying himself too much sitting in jail in Arizona. It's also unclear to me why a lack of extradition would allow his family to engage in more online spin than if he were back in Washington (assuming they are-- as I said I've seen nothing recent myself.)
MOO
SBM

Like you, I haven't seen any recent posts from the Aung family. I think they've been pretty effectively silenced by the turn of events. MOO

But, I may have missed something.

I think they'll save all their accusations at this point for the judge in an attempt to justify AA taking Seraya. MOO

This whole thing is more sad than anything to me. Both parents obviously love their little girl, and why Aaron felt he needed to take her and run doesn't make much sense to me right now. Did he really think his child was in danger? Did his family push him into it? Did they try to stop him? Did they even have a clue?

I hope we get to hear—from AA or Nadia—at some point what AA's reasoning truly was. They took extreme steps, and now, everything has backfired.

We don't really know what Nadia's involvement was. IMO, it's quite possible she went along after AA notified her he was taking off with Seraya, and joined them in the hopes of talking some sense into AA. She's a law student, she knew what laws he was breaking and may have wanted to try to mediate a better outcome with him, knowing he might listen to reason from her. I evidence this theory by the fact it was reported she looked very upset when leaving the airport, and by the fact that she was separated from them when they were apprehended and she had all documents and money etc. Perhaps reasoning wasn't working and that was a last ditch effort to get him to turn himself in.
I could be completely wrong and she was completely a willing participant. But this theory makes sense to me. If she willingly helped keep that child from her Mom, she should be held responsible for that in some way, of course. I hope she can get her life back on track.

SBM

Like you, I haven't seen any recent posts from the Aung family. I think they've been pretty effectively silenced by the turn of events. MOO

But, I may have missed something.

I think they'll save all their accusations at this point for the judge in an attempt to justify AA taking Seraya. MOO

This whole thing is more sad than anything to me. Both parents obviously love their little girl, and why Aaron felt he needed to take her and run doesn't make much sense to me right now. Did he really think his child was in danger? Did his family push him into it? Did they try to stop him? Did they even have a clue?

I hope we get to hear—from AA or Nadia—at some point what AA's reasoning truly was. They took extreme steps, and now, everything has backfired.

I saw a petition on change.org from one of AA’s sisters “calling on local police and Child Protective Services (CPS) to conduct a thorough investigation into Seraya’s circumstances.” Started yesterday 7/17, titled Justice for Seraya.

I saw a petition on change.org from one of AA’s sisters “calling on local police and Child Protective Services (CPS) to conduct a thorough investigation into Seraya’s circumstances.” Started yesterday 7/17, titled Justice for Seraya.
of course his family is still deflecting and making excuses for AA. I expected no less from these very unusual persons.

We don't really know what Nadia's involvement was. IMO, it's quite possible she went along after AA notified her he was taking off with Seraya, and joined them in the hopes of talking some sense into AA. She's a law student, she knew what laws he was breaking and may have wanted to try to mediate a better outcome with him, knowing he might listen to reason from her. I evidence this theory by the fact it was reported she looked very upset when leaving the airport, and by the fact that she was separated from them when they were apprehended and she had all documents and money etc. Perhaps reasoning wasn't working and that was a last ditch effort to get him to turn himself in.
I could be completely wrong and she was completely a willing participant. But this theory makes sense to me. If she willingly helped keep that child from her Mom, she should be held responsible for that in some way, of course. I hope she can get her life back on track.
She wasn't a law student yet. Her plans were to take the LSAT and apply to law school, but she had not been accepted or started classes. As someone who just completed a masters in law (not a JD so I admit that it was very focused on one topic), I thought I really understood the laws until I actually went through the courses. I do think that she had a general knowledge of the laws that he was breaking and that this was wrong, but I don't think she understood the extent of those violations or the extent of the consequences for breaking them.

Who?
@slowpoke Jumping off your ref. to the "Justice for Seraya" petition on change.org which urges investigation of "Shawna Harmon’s workplace of CPS in Oregon...."

Is Shawna the mother of Samara? Or ___? TiA
ETA: Apparently my brain had a hiccup. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back