UK - two women stabbed in Bournemouth. 34 year old dead, 38 year old seriously injured. 20YO arrested. 24 Apr 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He could be anywhere. He is fairly recognisable from the CCTV, I hope those who know him do the right thing and contact the police.
You just gave me another thought. Usually stabbings don't phase me as they are either clearly a domestic or the problems we are having with gangs of teen boys who keep stabbing each other. I'm wondering if there had been an altercation between two groups of lads which led to the two women intervening and coming off with being attacked themselves? Could explain why a random 17YO was picked up.

You just gave me another thought. Usually stabbings don't phase me as they are either clearly a domestic or the problems we are having with gangs of teen boys who keep stabbing each other. I'm wondering if there had been an altercation between two groups of lads which led to the two women intervening and coming off with being attacked themselves? Could explain why a random 17YO was picked up.
Hopefully the second woman can recover well and act as witness.

So....

"In an update on Monday,
Dorset Police said:

'Following fast-time inquiries over the weekend,
[the teenager] has now been released without charge and eliminated from inquiries in relation to the incident.

The force also released CCTV images of a suspect who is wearing dark clothing with his hood pulled over his head.

They believe
there was only one offender involved
and the CCTV images are of the suspect at the scene,
with inquiries continuing to confirm his identity.

Detective Superintendent Richard Dixey
appealed for the public's help in identifying the suspect.

He said officers and police staff will be in the town
'conducting extensive enquiries,
including detailed house-to-house visits'.

A police cordon
still remains at the section of the beach where Ms Gray was killed,
and the force said the public will
'see a very overt and planned police presence in and around the Bournemouth area'."

"Terrified Bournemouth residents

say they're too scared to go out at night

following brutal killing of personal trainer and mother Amie Gray

as police continue to hunt for hooded suspect caught on CCTV.

As police continue their manhunt,
worried women have expressed their fears that a killer is still on the run.

Cathy Jacques said:

'I would suggest putting out a warning for women not to go out after dark right now as the killer is still out there.

Bournemouth isn't safe anymore and hasn't been for a few years now'.

She added:
'I was sure that it was worded before that these CCTV images were of the 17-year-old in custody.

But now he has been released and now looking for the guy in CCTV images?
I'm confused.'

Leanne Cotton said:

'So for three days this man has been loose to roam the streets still due to you suggesting you had the man responsible?
Great work Dorset Police.'

And Gemma Heawood added:

'So scary to know whoever did it is still out there'."

I live in Bournemouth and am so concerned about this twist in this tragic story. I have teenage children and have been letting them carry on as usual after reporting indicated that the young male in the CCTV and the arrested 17 year old were one and the same. It is half term this week so they are out and about a lot and I will have to think on what to do now.

"Terrified Bournemouth residents

say they're too scared to go out at night

following brutal killing of personal trainer and mother Amie Gray

as police continue to hunt for hooded suspect caught on CCTV.

As police continue their manhunt,
worried women have expressed their fears that a killer is still on the run.

Cathy Jacques said:

'I would suggest putting out a warning for women not to go out after dark right now as the killer is still out there.

Bournemouth isn't safe anymore and hasn't been for a few years now'.

She added:
'I was sure that it was worded before that these CCTV images were of the 17-year-old in custody.

I'm confused.'

Leanne Cotton said:

'So for three days this man has been loose to roam the streets still due to you suggesting you had the man responsible?
Great work Dorset Police.'

And Gemma Heawood added:

'So scary to know whoever did it is still out there'."

I agree with the woman interviewed who said:
I was sure that it was worded before that these CCTV images were of the 17-year-old in custody.

The articles I read made me think that the boy arrested was the same as the one in the video. The police had him in custody since Friday ,I wonder when they realised they had the wrong person.

I live in Bournemouth and am so concerned about this twist in this tragic story. I have teenage children and have been letting them carry on as usual after reporting indicated that the young male in the CCTV and the arrested 17 year old were one and the same. It is half term this week so they are out and about a lot and I will have to think on what to do now.
I understand your fears my Thoughts are with anybody who lives close to this seemingly random attack - I know the feeling of unease until the perpetrator is found.

The perpetrator has had a 3 day head start on the police really as I’m sure they thought they had their man - he could literally be anywhere.

I just hope it’s a quick arrest and doesn’t end up like the Rachel Morins case which is still unsolved nearly a year later

I am sorry, it’s terrible. Most likely he is no longer in Bournemouth though. I hope you all stay safe.

Bournemouth Police seem to have really ballsed up on this one. The perp is likely miles away by now and if he was from out of area then the likelihood of him being identified is low imo. I'm in Lancashire and only just seen this case on here, not in the news. My guess is people in the south may be on the lookout for him but other areas not so much :(

Really feel for the innocent 17 yr old they had in custody for days.

Bournemouth Police seem to have really ballsed up on this one. The perp is likely miles away by now and if he was from out of area then the likelihood of him being identified is low imo. I'm in Lancashire and only just seen this case on here, not in the news. My guess is people in the south may be on the lookout for him but other areas not so much :(

Really feel for the innocent 17 yr old they had in custody for days.
The police here aren't great, that's for sure. The CCTV stills also look like hundreds of teens/young adults.

A lot of locals are just assuming he's come from the Bibby Stockholm (housing barge for asylum seekers located about an hour away) and won't move past their bigoted view point on that either

Just heard about this earlier and wow it's shocking to me that this happened in Bournemouth. Obviously anything can happen anywhere as we know, but I'd always considered it to be a pretty safe area and I've only just heard about the recent sexual assaults there too. Although at night time I could imagine it being quiet/creepy on a beach.

The CCTV image to me definitely looks like a male but more so in his 20's. I always found it weird that they arrested a guy from Lancaster tbh. It's looking like another random stabbing attack...? Especially if 2 women were stabbed then I doubt it was targeted. It seems like there's a bunch of details missing though, like why/how long had they been there for? If there were other people there with them? Where was Amie's wife at the time? And who is the other person who got stabbed? It's possible that the police know all this information, but curious to hear more on it. Also I can't imagine how scary it must be living in that area right now with a murderer on the loose. Hopefully they find them soon.

RIP Amie. :(

Wife and daughter of Bournemouth murder victim Amie Gray pay tribute - as killer remains on the run and police hunt hooded suspect caught on CCTV after releasing boy, 17, from custody​

Why was Amie at the beach that night? Was there an event? Was the other woman with Amie or was it just a coincidence that another woman was stabbed along with Amie?

I originally thought it was Amie and her wife so was surprised to read this article.

Were others on the beach at the time of the stabbing ?

It was late Friday of a Bank Holiday Weekend with decent weather. Whilst it won't have been busy as such, there certainly would have been people around. I'd expect multiple groups of older teens/young adults to have been around though

Targeted or random?

If targeted, who was the intended victim, Amie or the other woman? If random, then there is still a risk to the public. It appears that the survivor doesn’t know who the attacker is or she would have named him if she is physically able at this time.

Relationship of Amie to other victim?

Again, why were they on the beach at that time as many here have said it’s mostly teens that frequent the area at night?

Lots of questions we need answers to in order to work through this one.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko