UK - two women stabbed in Bournemouth. 34 year old dead, 38 year old seriously injured. 20YO arrested. 24 Apr 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What was he doing on the beach?

Was he sleeping rough there?
Where was he staying during his trip to the seaside?

Was he conducting dodgy deals?
Did he come alone?

Hmmm...

Very suspicious :confused:
There's also an issue of just how many males in this age group are probably going everywhere with a knife in their pocket "just in case".

This one seems unusual more in the sense of who the victims and charged man are. Different age groups, different genders, no connection between them. Normally with a case with a young male knifer the victim would be male of similar age or a female with a close connection to him.

What was he doing on the beach?

Was he sleeping rough there?
Where was he staying during his trip to the seaside?

Was he conducting dodgy deals?
Did he come alone?

Hmmm...

Very suspicious :confused:
Groups of young people on the beach is very very normal at this time of day. I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if he had been apart of a group and for whatever reason had been separated

I am also not seeing it being homophobia related. I think there was an altercation between two lads (drugs would be my hunch too) and amie and the other victim intervened, hence the first arrest and then they were able to confirm it wasn't him.

While I'm not sure that homophobia was the motive behind this, I think it's very important to recognise that most homophobic attacks are opportunistic and not pre-planned by someone going out with a knife specifically looking for gay people.
'Gay bashing' is a thing... but most of those assaults are not pre-planned in the sense of someone going out specifically to hunt a gay person. They see people engaging in behaviour which riles their homophobic prejudice and they act on the spur of the moment.

Mr Kemp, chairman of the magistrates, has remanded Saadi in custody until a plea and trial preparation hearing at Winchester Crown Court at 10am on June 4.
He added that there was "no prospect of bail" due to the nature of the offences.
10:13am

The possibility of reporting restrictions being put in place is being discussed.

Glad he’s been charged.

I’m still sticking with my initial instinct that this was an attempted robbery which escalated MOO he probably saw two females late at night as being an easy target - however, Amie from what we know was very physically fit I doubt she’d just give up her possessions without a fight.

RIP Amie
X

Amie Gray, 34, of Poole in Dorset, was killed on Durley Chine Beach at around 11.45pm on Friday, May 24. Another woman, 38-year-old Leanne Miles, was seriously injured in the same incident.
I am surprised they released the second woman’s name, I had read she wanted to remain anonymous.

"Wearing a grey jumper,
he spoke only to confirm his name and address during the short hearing at ..."

How many times I read exactly the same words...

I bet it is "copy and paste" for reporters,
even the colour of the jumper :rolleyes:

OT I know...

This is what I remember reading:

Dorset Police confirmed on Thursday afternoon that the injured woman had been discharged from hospital.

A force spokesman said: 'She has now been discharged from hospital, although she is continuing her recovery and we would ask that her privacy is respected at this time.'

Can someone point me to verification that her wife is her ex-wife please? All the media reports I have read seem to suggest that she was still with her wife, but she been mentioned several times on here as ex? Thanks!

Amie, from Poole, married in 2017 in a civil ceremony but had recently separated from her wife Sian Gray, according to friends.

www.courtserve.net

The Crown Court at Winchester

Daily Courtroom List for Tuesday 04 June 2024
FINAL 1​

WINCHESTER
Court 1

Court 1 - sitting at 09:45 am
HIS HONOUR JUDGE P DUGDALE

For Preliminary Hearing

U20240606SAADI, Nasen - 55CH0266924

Defendant via Videolink. Pre court 9:30am / In court 9:45am. Counsel via CVP.

The court heard that the defendant was “of good character with no previous convictions”.

Judge Paul Dugdale set a date for the trial to start on November 25, with a plea and trial preparation hearing on August 23.

He told the defendant: “You are currently remanded in custody on what ultimately will be two allegations, one of murder and one of attempted murder.

“The court has fixed a trial date of 25th November before Mrs Justice Cutts and that has a time estimate of three weeks.

“The next hearing of this case will be on the 23rd August this year, between now and then there will be a lot of activity going on in the case.

“The prosecution will have served all the evidence and you will be visited in prison by your solicitors, and it’s extremely important that you engage with them and give them very clear instructions so they know what your case is.

“They can only do a good job for you if you give them clear instructions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back