UK - US Diplomat's wife leaves UK after killing Harry Dunn, age 19, Northampton, Sept 2019 *suspended sentence*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Harry Dunn family reach deal in US civil claim against Anne Sacoolas

The family of Harry Dunn have reached a “resolution” with the teenager’s alleged killer, Anne Sacoolas, in their civil claim for damages in the US.

Radd Seiger, the spokesperson for the Dunn family, said the agreement was “a real milestone” in the family’s fight for justice and they could now “put this part of the campaign behind them”.

Details of the agreement have not been disclosed, but Seiger said Dunn’s parents, Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, would now focus their attention on the pending criminal case and the inquest into Harry’s death that would follow.

Very good news. It's so important for Americans living and working abroad on behalf of the US to respect the rights and laws of people in their host country, especially such staunch allies as England.

I agree. I believe the regulations regarding diplomatic immunity needs to be overhauled. It isn't just American diplomats taking advantage of the regulations, many countries are guilty. Apparently, NYC has over $16 million of unpaid parking tickets due to UN personnel ignoring their responsibilities. Here's a brief overview of why it is what it is.

Is Diplomatic Immunity a 'License to Kill?'

US national Anne Sacoolas is to face magistrates in the UK charged with causing the death of motorcyclist Harry Dunn by dangerous driving.

Mr Dunn, 19, died when his motorbike was in a crash with a car near RAF Croughton, Northamptonshire, on 27 August, 2019.

The case would be heard at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 18 January, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

It is understood Mrs Sacoolas, 44, will appear by video link from the US.

Mr Dunn's mother, Charlotte Charles, said: "My family and I are feeling very emotional and overwhelmed, having just learned the news that Mrs Sacoolas is now to face our justice system.

"It is all that we asked for following Harry's death."

Mrs Sacoolas had diplomatic immunity asserted on her behalf by the US government following the collision, and was able to leave the UK after the incident.

Harry Dunn crash: Anne Sacoolas to face Westminster magistrates

She seems determined to fight this as much as possible. I think it's more than obvious it was an accident - but why not attend the hearing to say that?

Sacoolas will not return to UK for Harry Dunn hearing, say lawyers

Lawyers acting for Anne Sacoolas, the woman charged with causing the death of 19-year-old motorcyclist Harry Dunn in August 2019 have insisted she will not be returning to the UK to attend a hearing, insisting the collision was a terrible accident.

They also added that she had yet not agreed to appear by videolink, raising questions over a hearing due to start at Westminster magistrates court on 18 January. Announcement of the hearing was made on Monday by the Crown Prosecution Service

Anne Sacoolas to face UK court over death of Harry Dunn

The case would be heard at Westminster magistrates court on 18 January, the Crown Prosecution Service said. It is understood that she will appear via video link, although a spokesperson for the law firm representing Sacoolas said: “While we have always been willing to discuss a virtual hearing, there is no agreement at this time.”

I don't know how she can live with herself. Just because it was an accident doesn't mean she is not accountable.

It seems like it would take a serious toll -- but not enough of a toll to agree to appear at a virtual hearing and cooperate on any level with the UK justice system.

Maybe it's time to redeploy the infamous Laundrie driveway mob to a new cause? Unserious suggestion of course, but I've found this case and AS's behaviour in it. pretty appalling.

'Deleted' phone data twist in Harry Dunn hit-and-run case
Lawyers acting for Mr Dunn's family have now raised the possibility Ms Sacoolas may have been "distracted" by her mobile phone at the time of the fatal crash in August 2019.
Court documents said Ms Sacoolas had been "evasive, non-responsive and inconsistent" about her phone usage.
No calls or texts were found on Ms Sacoolas' SIM card on the day of the crash, according to court documents, but call records on her phone were found for the day before and day after.

Hiyaaaa! Thanks for tagging me.

Really pleased to hear she will face a trial. I just wish she'd had the balls to do it at the time and save Harry's family all this heartache. If she had faced the music, over two years ago, the legalities of this tragedy would have been far behind her by now. There wouldn't have been anywhere near as much press coverage, or expense, or shame heaped on the Sacoolas family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachelle(Ru-shell)
Back