DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Duplicate post - deleted!

Last edited:
Duplicate post - deleted!
47691278-wonder-female-emoticon.jpg

Hmmm... I'm not sure about that either? :D

Victoria Hall: New information about 1999 teen murder

Victoria was wearing a black dress, a brown tailored jacked, a wooden hair slide and sandals, similar to those pictured

_108853845_belongings.jpg

Her body was found in a creek at Creeting St Peter

_106258412_de02-1.jpg

New information in 1999 teen murder probe

Last edited:
Can you see it that clearly? I'm on iPad now, laptop later, get a bigger image again.

Funny thing, when I look at that still image I can make out what looks like the reflection if a man, he's out of proportion so it looks like someone perhaps nearer to camera. Standing at rear of the van. Can you see him Legally?

He comes to the spot, sits in his car for few seconds then reverse and comes back to the same exact spot. Step out of the car immediately and you can actually see that he is locking his car (with keys).

I personally do not see any other person.

I wouldn't say I can see the 'W' clearly, I'm not 100%, this is the best still I've found:
View attachment 205344
I haven't seen the reflection but I'll have another look later.

van-jpg.205344

I don't know much about the cars but what is that line all across the car? One from around W to the bottom of the car? It seems that his front door is slightly damaged/bend too.

From older articles:

Although Victoria’s body was found naked, there were no signs of sexual assault or strangulation, apart from a bruise on her back.

Post mortem tests showed that she was probably suffocated.

Experts said she was killed within two hours of the time she vanished, and that her body was probably placed in the ditch shortly after that.

Man accused of sixth former’s murder is cleared

Published October 14, 1999 Murder case car riddle

Police say a 1989 red Subaru 1.8GL estate, registration F206 DHL, was seen burning early on 19 September over a mile from where her body was found.

It was found burnt out on farmland near Creeting St Peter. Police are desperate to discover whether the car could have been used by Miss Hall's murderer.

The ferocity of the fire had made it impossible for forensic scientists to find any evidence that would link the car to the murder, said a police spokesman.

"The fact that this car was dumped and set alight within hours of Vicky going missing is obviously suspicious,"

(more details at link)
BBC News | UK | Murder case car riddle

I'm a bit puzzled by what Detective Superintendent Roy Lambert said in the BBC News story cited by Al Ka:

"There is no obvious route between where Vicky's body was left and where the car was abandoned"

"Anyone who attempted to walk between the two places would have had to cover over a mile of farmland and would probably have been covered in mud."

Firstly, there must have been a road connection between the two sites which ought to be obvious to anyone with a map and half a brain and secondly I don't understand why he's talking about someone walking between the two sites. The only scenario I can see is that the body would be dumped and the car driven to the place where it was then torched. Did he think that the murderer would then walk back to the body, or does he think that he dumped the car first and then carried the body for over a mile?

If the car was used to dispose of the body, two things occur to me - where did the murderer go after he dumped the car? Did he have another vehicle available already parked within walking distance or was there someone in a vehicle who picked him up? The second thing that seems odd is that the car was dumped so close to the site where the body was disposed of. Surely to minimise suspicion the car would be dumped as far away as possible rather than just over a mile away? As far as I can see the timings and logistics make it unlikely that the car had anything to do with the murder and that what we have here is no more than a coincidence.

I'm a bit puzzled by what Detective Superintendent Roy Lambert said in the BBC News story cited by Al Ka:

"There is no obvious route between where Vicky's body was left and where the car was abandoned"

"Anyone who attempted to walk between the two places would have had to cover over a mile of farmland and would probably have been covered in mud."

Firstly, there must have been a road connection between the two sites which ought to be obvious to anyone with a map and half a brain and secondly I don't understand why he's talking about someone walking between the two sites. The only scenario I can see is that the body would be dumped and the car driven to the place where it was then torched. Did he think that the murderer would then walk back to the body, or does he think that he dumped the car first and then carried the body for over a mile?

If the car was used to dispose of the body, two things occur to me - where did the murderer go after he dumped the car? Did he have another vehicle available already parked within walking distance or was there someone in a vehicle who picked him up? The second thing that seems odd is that the car was dumped so close to the site where the body was disposed of. Surely to minimise suspicion the car would be dumped as far away as possible rather than just over a mile away? As far as I can see the timings and logistics make it unlikely that the car had anything to do with the murder and that what we have here is no more than a coincidence.

You made me chuckle with the description as I had exact same thoughts about non logic of those statements in the article and I do agree with you apart of the end.

How many cars burned out completely near anyone and how often? It is rather big coincidence to me that it happened on the same night/day and so very near to the murder scene.

Article does state name of the owner of the car and I am sure police did investigated fully. But maybe they should revisit different link to that same car. (just in my humble opinion)

Vicky was on the front page ofthe local newspaper, the East Anglian Daily Times today

Could the net be closing on Vicky Hall's killer? New calls open leads in live murder inquiry

(just adding few details from article in case link time out in near future)

===
A detective leading the renewed hunt for Vicky Hall's murderer revealed that an appeal for information on the 20th anniversary of the 17-year-old's disappearance had generated 40 calls.
---
"The reopening of this cold case, and the release of details of missing possessions and CCTV footage has generated an excellent response from the public," she said.

"Forty calls have been received, generating new lines of enquiry.
---
Suffolk Constabulary set up a dedicated hotline for information to be reported on 0800 096 1233 until 10pm on Friday, when the number to call would become 01473 613513.

Victoria Hall: New information about 1999 teen murder

Victoria was wearing a black dress, a brown tailored jacked, a wooden hair slide and sandals, similar to those pictured

_108853845_belongings.jpg

Her body was found in a creek at Creeting St Peter

_106258412_de02-1.jpg

New information in 1999 teen murder probe

Here is a Daily Mail reports about the developments in this case:

Police reopen probe into 1999 murder of Vicky Hall | Daily Mail Online

Here is a report from an Ipswich murder:

Could the net be closing on Vicky Hall's killer? New calls open leads in live murder inquiry

Here is a report from the Daily Mirror:

Unseen CCTV released as schoolgirl murder probe reopened after 20 years

Last edited:
Ok, the name mentioned in the BBC article ref the car..........a person of that name, born 1963, was a director of Educare in E Yorks 2000-2004 and is now director of company near Newmarket which bears surname. Probably just coincidence.....

Because the burned-out car was found several days before Vicky's body, I suspect that it was disposed of before it was seen as possibly significant. Vicky's missing clothes and personal items could have been in the car when it was burned - there would have been some metal - her key, parts of her purse, buckles, maybe buttons etc that would have survived the fire and confirmed that the car had been used in her abduction.

Over 50 calls received after renewed appeal into Victoria Hall murder
:cool:
Detective Chief Inspector Caroline Millar, the Senior Investigating Officer, said: "I have been delighted with the response from members of the public since we revealed that Victoria's murder was being reinvestigated.

"In the week since we launched the appeal we have received over 50 calls, many of which have provided us with further new lines of enquiry.

Over 50 calls received in week since Victoria Hall murder case re-opens

Why has it taken 20 years to release that CCTV? Reminds me of the Charlene Downes case where they found new CCTV years later. Surely it's just gross incompetence on the polices part?

The van bit could easily be nothing of note. Driver looking for somewhere secluded to take a leak, meeting up with a bit on the side, looking for fly tipping locations, anything really. The people with the torches looks a bit more suspect but could easily be explained away as nothing as well. The time stamp (if correct) on the torch video shows it's 19:50 in the evening, it's dark at this point because of the time of year but surely if you were doing something untoward you'd wait until it was much later?

image.jpg
Clothing and accessories similar to those worn by Vicky Hall on the night she was last seen, including a black size eight dress with a frilly hem, chunky open-toed size five sandals, a brown tailored jacket and a wooden hair clip Picture: SUPPLIED BY SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY
Sept 17 2020 rbbm.
Cold case detectives make 'significant progress' in Vicky Hall murder investigation
''Detectives investigating the murder of a Suffolk teenager in 1999 have made “significant progress” since the case was reopened last year, police have revealed.''

''Vicky, aged 17, was last seen alive in the early hours of Sunday, September 19, 1999, in High Road, Trimley St Mary, after a night out with a friend at the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe.

Last year, 20 years since her murder, police reopened the two-decade cold case murder investigation after new information came to light – with a new team of detectives working the case.

More than 9,000 statements, documents, messages and reports from the original investigation have been reviewed by detectives to assess the movements of more than 70 people on the night in question, police said''

''Police are making a specific appeal to anyone who was either walking or driving in Trimley St Mary, between 2am and 4am on Sunday, September 19, 1999, to make contact and provide their details, as this information will help to fill any gaps and greatly assist the inquiry.''

Vicki’s clothing and personal belongings she had with her the last time she was seen alive have never been found.

''For the first time last year, details about some of Victoria’s personal belongings were disclosed as follows:

- a black oval shaped New Look purse with a zip fastener, containing a house key on a distinctive fob with ‘Vicky’ across the top and ‘Victoria’ down the sides

- a Rimmel lipstick in a black plastic case, the colour of which is believed to have been ‘Zorro’

- the inner soles of one or both of Victoria’s shoes had been fixed with Sellotape.''

''CCTV footage was also released as part of last year’s renewed appeal which depicted individuals at the field in Creeting St Peter where Victoria’s body was found captured during the month following her death.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenWiltshire
Back