UK UK - Victoria 'Vicky' Hall, 17, Trimley St Mary, Suffolk, 18 Sep 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police arrest man over 1999 murder of Victoria Hall who vanished while walking home from a nightclub | Daily Mail Online

"Police have arrested a man on suspicion of the murder of a 17-year-old girl who went missing on her way home from a nightclub in 1999.

Victoria Hall was strangled and her body was discovered in a water-filled ditch on September 24 1999, five days after she was last seen alive.

Suffolk Police reopened their investigation in 2019 after receiving fresh witness information, which they would not expand upon.

Victoria, or Vicky, from Trimley St Mary, left home on the evening of September 18 1999 for a night out with a friend at the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe.

The girls left the club at around 1am the following morning and parted ways at around 2.20am, yards from Victoria's home. That was the last time she was seen alive."

"In September 2019, Suffolk Police revealed that the case - known as Operation Avon - was now a live inquiry again and being fully reinvestigated by a new team of detectives, after fresh information had been received that was not previously known.

'As a result of the work that has been ongoing for the past two years, officers have arrested a man on suspicion of murder this morning, Wednesday 28 July.

'He has been taken into police custody where he currently remains for questioning. This individual is not someone who has previously been arrested as part of this inquiry.'

Detectives continue to ask for anyone with information about Victoria's death to contact the Major Investigation Team."

The arrest was the lead story on Look East and the Anglian News, they didn't have any further information than what has already been reported, but it's good to see people haven't forgotten about Vicky - I just hope something comes of this and Vicky, her family and Gemma get justice

Edited - can't spell!

Last edited:
The arrest was the lead story on Look East and the Anglian News, they didn't have any further information than what has already been reported, but it's good to see people haven't forgotten about Vicky - I just hope something comes of this and Vicky, her family and Gemma get justice

Edited - can't spell!
The police play a waiting game - a suspect will get charged eventually.

We've discussed the possibility of Wright being the perp sometime ago. It wouldn't surprise me in the least JMO

Every time I drive passed that dark narrow road where Victoria was found gives me the creeps. It's pleasant enough in day light but in the dark, I've never liked it.

Not sure if SW's address at the time of Vicky's murder has been posted, I know it was mentioned his father lived close by.
_____

There has long been speculation over whether Wright - who was living in a block of flats in Runnacles Way, Felixstowe, at the time - could be responsible for the killing.

[...]

Miss Hall was found in an isolated water-course, like Gemma Adams and Tania Nicol, and was naked - like all of Wright's victims.

Her clothes were also never found and there was no sign of sexual assault, which was the case with the Ipswich women.

Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist

BBM

Runnacles Way is on the Trimley side of Felixstowe, I think, it's just the other side of the A14

Edit - checked and confirmed on Google maps (why didn't I do that in the first place?!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back